ND: 6/16/06
RD: 6/30/06
Appt is for 7/1/06

My details below.

Thanks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I check status of 485?

Hello people,

Is "creating an account" on the uscis website more informative than just checking the status with my receipt numbers? I have been checking online with entering my receipt numbers but the resulting message always states the same thing from the very beginning.

Thanks

Hardon knows the answer

I have a NIW based 485 pending since Nov 2003 at NSC. Its self petetion for 5 years physician Underserve commitment(its 140 is approved 485 cannot get adjudicated till Nov 2007 or latter depends on NIW physicians lawsuit interpretation already decided in Physicians favour).

I just filed PERM in 3/06 approved in 4 weeks, refilled concurrent 140/485 last week of May, & 140 got approved last week of June, with FP already done in 1 week of filling, every thing superfast and amazing. Yet to receive a 45 days letter on my RIR from Indiana filed in oct 2002( smile) I am gonna abonden that any way.

I need advice on Michael Pearson Memo for substituting NIW-485 of 2003 with PERM-485 of May 22, 2006( remember both has now 140 approved).

Advice is not how to interpret the law, but should I ask for request for substitution ?,
Caveate is though my old NIW 140/485 sitting at NSC, the PERM went to TSC( SRC receipts #). Also I am from world wide visa category.
TSC is currently processing 485 any where 4-6 months depends on name check( I should be clear for name check since we got FP at least 3 times since 2003 & now when ever we go their they just take index finger print not all ten FP, & I also saw their screen shot that by putting my index finger on sensor, the screen showed my last EAD picture and 10 FP of both hand.
I was a 2 second glimps cannot tell you more then that what it means a name check or not.

Thanks for reading.

Using AP while pending 485

Hi all,

My case info:
EB2, Concurrent Filing, CSC->TSC
LC PD: 11/06/05
140/485/EAD/AP RD: 02/09/06
EAD/AP AD: 03/21/06
Fingerprint: 04/30/06
140 AD: 05/08/06
485: still pending

My wife, who is a dependent to my pending case, is planning to visit Korea (our home country) in early July this year, together with our daughter (US citizen). She is planning to come back to US in early September this year.

Assuming that my 485 will be still pending in early September, she is planning to use the approved AP at the port of entry. In such a senario, the officer at the port of entry perform the employment verification? What is the risk here?

I would appreciate your kind comment.

LUDs

My case was LUDed on 06/30/06 and this 07/02/06. Do they work on Sundays to clear the cases? :confused: Any clue what does this mean?

LUD is always a good thing. Means something is going on as opposed to being stuck Ina queue. I saw LUD on a weekend on my I-140 and turns out it was an approval (in few days). Unless its a FP LUD, I think, you will have approval or RFE pretty soon. Cheers !!

Dull in Dallas said:
My case was LUDed on 06/30/06 and this 07/02/06. Do they work on Sundays to clear the cases? :confused: Any clue what does this mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on LUDs etc

Gurus,
I am new here and I cannot seem to understand what the LUD is?
I know it stands for Last Update Date as I read most of the postings around. However, I have no idea where you see this? When I check the status of my application, the message NEVER changes. In fact, I had an EAD approved and the message just changed from "We received your application on..." to "This case has been approved on...".

Am I not checking the right place? I am using the USCIS website and entering the receipt number to get the message. I had previously posted a question which has no replies yet that asked
"Is "creating an account" on the uscis website more informative than just checking the status with my receipt numbers? I have been checking online with entering my receipt numbers but the resulting message always states the same thing from the very beginning."

I know this is trivial but a brief advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dull in Dallas said:
Thanks msabir. Interestingly a few minutes back i saw another LUD update to 07/03/06.
;)

I think you may get approval soon, cheers! Your case dates are close to mine, but I haven't seen any LUD since FP. I hope to see LUD too.

Wish you good luck! Please let us know when you get approval.

Can you add your signature?

Dull in Dallas said:

So we know what your important processing milestone dates are...

Thanks
ZB

AP Question !!!

Hi
I have applied AP for multiple travel entries, but I have received only two documents (same) and both are valid till next year May,-07.
How many times I can travel outside the US using these AP documents one, two or multiple times?
I need to travel couple of times, is it possible or is there any risks travelling on AP?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Dates

Zany_Brainy said:
So we know what your important processing milestone dates are...

Thanks
ZB

Here are my processing dates:
EAD – RD 05/03/06 AD 06/02/06 Cards received 06/07/06
AP - RD 05/03/06 AD 06/02/06 Papers received by lawyer 06/06/06
I-485 – RD 05/03/06 FP 06/01/06 LUD 05/03, 06/02, 06/30,07/02, 07,03

How do you guys know the FP date?

I just checked that my I485 application was received by USCIS and a case # was assigned to it. I haven't received the receipt notice. How can I know when I will have the FP.

Thank you for your time.

How do you know that it was received by uscis AND a case# is assigned already ?

Hope2006_all said:
I just checked that my I485 application was received by USCIS and a case # was assigned to it. I haven't received the receipt notice. How can I know when I will have the FP.

Thank you for your time.

Dull in Dallas said:
Here are my processing dates:
EAD – RD 05/03/06 AD 06/02/06 Cards received 06/07/06
AP - RD 05/03/06 AD 06/02/06 Papers received by lawyer 06/06/06
I-485 – RD 05/03/06 FP 06/01/06 LUD 05/03, 06/02, 06/30,07/02, 07,03

Is your I-140 Approved?
Also what is your PD?

Thanks
ZB