TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

i feel that in order to clear ur namecheck quickly there are 2 ways:1- WOM 2- good connections in the goverment who can help.

right?

antonioa77 said:
i feel that in order to clear ur namecheck quickly there are 2 ways:
1- WOM
2- good connections in the goverment who can help.

right?

Add a third one: change last name.

When I went to the congressman's ofifice to ask for help, the staffperson saw my lastname(GARCIA) and said to me:
Do you know how many drug dealers, murders, etc from Mexico have that last name?

I have been stuck since Nov 05 in mamecheck. My wife and my son are already cleared(they have different last name)

andy

EB2 World; PD: 09/20/05

I-140:
RD: 11/17/05
AD: 12/12/05 :)
LUD's:11/18/05; 04/16/06

Congress' Insensitivity to Immigration Backlogs

Nothing piss me off more than this insensitivity. They make legal immigration a lucrative business while providing really sloppy service, and nobody cares, even worse they make this public by mocking all the legal immigration with something like: so what? How do you expect us to love this country after what we have been through?

12/22/2006: Stunning Report of the Congress' Insensitivity to Immigration Backlogs

The Congressional Research Service released its report on U.S. Immigration Policy on Permanent Admissions on 12/13/2006. This report brought to the surface insensitivity of the members of the Congress, particularly in 2006. We want to report a portion of its report as follows:
The House-passed FY 2007 DHS appropriations bill that would have appropriated $162 million for USCIS in FY 2007. There was a Senate amendment to the House bill that would direct DHS, notably through USCIS, to increase its fees charged to noncitizens to produce an additional $350 million in receipts for FY 2007. Most of the funds collected by the fee increase would have gone not to USCIS but to CBP and ICE. The conferees in the end passed the bill providing USCIS with $182 million in direct appropriations, and the USCIS is supposed to raise the income from the fees to estimated $1,804 million to give the USCIS a total appropriation of $1,986 million. [Matthew Oh comment: No wonder why the USCIS is pushed to raise the immigration filing fees! Obviously there is fallacy in belief that the increased fees can reduce backlogs!]. [Who said legal immigration is a burden on U.S. taxpayers!]
The report indicates that pending caseloads and processing backlogs continue to plague USCIS. The GAO concluded that it is unlikely that USCIS will completely eliminate the backlog of pending applications by the 2006 deadline. [The immigration Services and Infrastructure Improvements Act of 2000 defined backlog as the period of time in excess of 180 days that an immigration benefit applications had been pending before the agency. Meanwhile, USCIS defines backlog as the number of pending applications in excess of the number of applications received in the most recent six months.] Despite progress in cutting the backlog of pending cases from 3.8 million in January 2004 to 1.2 million in June 2005, GAO speculates that USCIS may have difficulty eliminating its backlog for the more complex application types that constitute nearly three-quarters of the backlog.
Well, readers, what do you think? There are more to it. During the Christmas holiday weekend, you may want to read the full report.

Question to Shaba

Hi, I see from your detail you ported your old PD for filing I-485. I have old PD of December 2000 (thru Company A both Labor and I-140 approved at the time I left) and work for Company B. Now got I-140 approved through company C; what are all the things needed to file I-485, because company C is small company and started around end of 2004, whether this will impact using old PD? Also, I haven't yet started working for company C, and still work for company B, will join company C after receiving EAD.
If you can provide any information I'll really appreciate it.

Congress means people

richshi said:
Nothing piss me off more than this insensitivity. They make legal immigration a lucrative business while providing really sloppy service, and nobody cares, even worse they make this public by mocking all the legal immigration with something like: so what? How do you expect us to love this country after what we have been through?

Those who got earlier not necessarily have sympathy/sensititivity
towards the new batch of folks eternally waiting in queue. What to say
, my coworker from India who migrated here in late 90s ( H1B-->GC-->Citizen), recently "expressed" his opinion "Why we need more tech worker
immigrants here?" . His argument was "at his time it was needed, now not much so". So, the folks who came much early or their descendants
may not have any sensitivity, they may have - "these people are coming here to snatch our opportunities". So, if the immigration system is in a
pissed of state, these folks will be more happy , thinking that "Hmm.It is getting tougher for others to come in. Why should we provide incentives like faster processing etc ? Let the numbers decline, our demand will increase".

DOL,USCIS etc are pre-historic entities as far as immigrant processing is concerned. One of the biggest jokes was DOL backlog elimination center,
they spent more than 1 year in data entry. Jesus! This country sent man to moon, why won't they have electronic storage and processing of DOL applications .

This whole immigration system really makes me so angry. Its all about how much can we charge for application fees and more fess just to file an appeal or even have to pay re filing fees if the case gets lost, all about making money I am afraid

If only there was a compassionate visa !! We should be able to book appointment with our congressmen or senators and with documentary proof of hardship due to delays, lack of visa numbers they should be able to just e-mail the service centre amd have familky reunification at the top of their list

I urge you to support www.expatsvoice.org a soon to be not for profit in efforts to become a voice to be heard and listened to

hereismygc

it shouldn't be a problem , All you need is a copy of old I-140 and a copy of new I140 . Attach a letter explaining that you are porting the old priority date (put this in bold) and then put eveything in an envelope and mark 'TO BE OPENED BY SUPERVISOR ONLY'

This should do the trick . atleast thats how I got it done

hereismygc said:
Hi, I see from your detail you ported your old PD for filing I-485. I have old PD of December 2000 (thru Company A both Labor and I-140 approved at the time I left) and work for Company B. Now got I-140 approved through company C; what are all the things needed to file I-485, because company C is small company and started around end of 2004, whether this will impact using old PD? Also, I haven't yet started working for company C, and still work for company B, will join company C after receiving EAD.
If you can provide any information I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks nitinag

nitinag said:
it shouldn't be a problem , All you need is a copy of old I-140 and a copy of new I140 . Attach a letter explaining that you are porting the old priority date (put this in bold) and then put eveything in an envelope and mark 'TO BE OPENED BY SUPERVISOR ONLY'

This should do the trick . atleast thats how I got it done

Thanks a lot Nitinag.

Gosh, congrats VOYAGER. That's a tremendous holiday gift... you waited so long since your PD and you are now rewarded for your patience!

Your 2007 will sure begin on a joyous note... again, congrats and enjoy your new, free life!

:)

VOYAGER_99 said:
Hi All,
After struggling all years, trying to survive w/o knowing your future, checking USCIS account 8 times a day, (sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and check :))) Yes I received a magic email today that my 485 is approved. I dont know what to say just this is the best time ever I had as Christmas...
I hope all waiting looooonggg time maybe longer than mine and never lose hoping and dreaming people like me, will get their application approved very soon. My best pray for you guys, I will keep everybody posted when I receive futher proceeding.
Hang in there that is a very overwhelming feeling...

geofu54 said:
Gosh, congrats VOYAGER. That's a tremendous holiday gift... you waited so long since your PD and you are now rewarded for your patience!

Your 2007 will sure begin on a joyous note... again, congrats and enjoy your new, free life!

:)

Thanks man. thank you all for all information I got from this forum

special case

Guys,
My PD is current(2001) and I applied on July 25. My FP (after one postponement) was taken on 9/27. There has been no LUD after that.

I am in a slightly different boat than most of you in that I am hoping my GC does NOT get approved within the next month or so. I am currently single and am hoping to get my to be spouse added so that she can get her GC done as well.

How I got myself into this situation? My company was going through layoffs and hence I couldnt prolong FP anymore. Why I cant hurry register marriage - because I am still working out some things with my hopefully to be spouse. Lets say it will take me 30 days to resolve things on the family front.

My question to you guys is whether I am stuck in Name check since there has been no LUD for the past 3 months after my FP? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

infopass

I took an Infopass appointment to speak with an immigration officer about the status of my application. The officer confirmed that my namecheck has been cleared (I asked specifically about the namecheck this time). She said she could not tell me anything else. Now I'm just wondering why my application has not been touched since 10/28 while most other people's EADs, APs and I-140s have been approved within 2 months (based on following this forum and trackitt) - and in some cases, I-485s too!

I can't help but notice so many comments about the infamous "name check".

My understanding is that the USCIS does three kinds of background checks on I485 applicants - the NCIC fingerprint check, the IBIS check and the name check. The latter is the most time consuming background check - if there is a namecheck "hit", the FBI can only resolve the said “hit” by researching actual physical case files/reports in order to confirm/verify that you are not a national security threat. In a lot of cases, if there is a namecheck "hit", there is a presumption of guilt by FBI and because of the said presumption, they are very reluctant to investigate the said "hit". That’s why, once there is a “hit”, there is a huge delay, usually to the tune of months and even years. Also, if there is a "hit", the case files associated with the said "hit" could be in many FBI/CIA/NSA/DOD offices, located throughout the country - imagine the time it takes to go thru the actual, physical case files in order to verify and research the "hit", the effort and manpower it takes to go thru tons of case files and reading material at offices and the sub offices of the all federal agencies that may contain the files associated with the said “hit”. It’s a nightmare, that's what it is.

All I can do on my end (short of complaining and whining about the namecheck), is to pray and hope that I don't end up in one. Frankly, unless the namecheck is abolished, one could potential wait for years if there is a namecheck "hit" on one's name (or combinations thereof) - only a WOM lawsuit or a good connection (i.e. a senator or a high ranking federal official) can force the USCIS and affected federal agency to do the proper research in order to resolve the "hit" and thereby confer the appropriate immigration benefit.

doesitmatter said:
Guys,
My PD is current(2001) and I applied on July 25. My FP (after one postponement) was taken on 9/27. There has been no LUD after that.

I am in a slightly different boat than most of you in that I am hoping my GC does NOT get approved within the next month or so. I am currently single and am hoping to get my to be spouse added so that she can get her GC done as well.

How I got myself into this situation? My company was going through layoffs and hence I couldnt prolong FP anymore. Why I cant hurry register marriage - because I am still working out some things with my hopefully to be spouse. Lets say it will take me 30 days to resolve things on the family front.

My question to you guys is whether I am stuck in Name check since there has been no LUD for the past 3 months after my FP? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
I didnt get any single LUD after fingerprint. I was thinking that I stuck also in NC. but, I got directly approval

I-485 Approved!!!!!!

My I-485 got approved today when I least expect that to happen! We do not know why my husband's case has not been approved.

I'd like to thank everybody for sharing this long journey with us. I wish everybody comes out of this soon!

Congrates !!!

Hi,
quick question. Did you take any steps to expediate the name check/security check process?.

LongLostHopeIN said:
My I-485 got approved today when I least expect that to happen! We do not know why my husband's case has not been approved.

I'd like to thank everybody for sharing this long journey with us. I wish everybody comes out of this soon!

For some reason, everytime I click on a case of mine from my portfolio on the USCIS website, I get a message "case status retrieval failed". I tried some other random case numbers that are not mine, and got the same message. Anyone else having this problem?

Checked with Senator

ph2002,
I only checked with our Indiana Senator who had been enormous help for me. First my RIR labor was mistaken as TR and it was through the Senator's office to correct that and my labor got approved within one month after contacting his office. Secondly (and I am not sure if there is any connection), his office initiated an inquiry on my and my husband's cases with USCIS, several days later I had an RFE.
FYI: We just called Texas Service Center, the lady told us that my husband's case is pending on Security Check. :(

Good luck to everybody.

ph2002 said:
Hi,
quick question. Did you take any steps to expediate the name check/security check process?.

herenthere said:
For some reason, everytime I click on a case of mine from my portfolio on the USCIS website, I get a message "case status retrieval failed". I tried some other random case numbers that are not mine, and got the same message. Anyone else having this problem?

I just tried mine and looks like it was just fine. Although, I have experienced some similar problems with their website (online casecheck) before, and from that I can tell you it way too often goes wonky for a government website that is supposed to handle sensitive information.

Wait a little more and try again later. It should be fine.

Hey, congrats! Ya know, looks like we recently hear good news from those people, including LLHIN, who first filed their LC more than few years ago and waited long since. It must have been a long, tough, frustrating ride and I'm just happy their no-fun long journey is finally over. It must feel GREAT. Enjoy your life, LLHIN, and I hope things will work out for your husband's case soon too.

geo

LongLostHopeIN said: