TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Are you still there or already approved?

the following people I have no idea if they are still here or already approved. I know a few people already approved on this list, so I took them off. I also took off the people I know still waiting. Please confirm, the following people. The original list is out dated.

lianghn_1999 x EB2 China 05/05/06

perter700101 10/30/03 EB2 China 05/18/06
sharma1900 x x India 01/24/06
igautam x EB3 India 02/06/06
MBBS 04/26/01 EB2 India 03/06/06
creative10 12/20/00 EB2 India 03/23/06
chakorapakshi 04/10/02 x India 03/28/06

vk2003 03/28/02 EB2 India 04/17/06
Zany_Brainy 05/01/02 EB2 India 04/24/06 --- I think he got approval too, right?

sureshj 12/01/00 x India 05/10/06
msabir 02/06/06 EB2 India 05/12/06

nick715us 07/01/02 EB2 India 05/24/06

PBLC_01302006 said:
the following people I have no idea if they are still here or already approved. I know a few people already approved on this list, so I took them off. I also took off the people I know still waiting. Please confirm, the following people. The original list is out dated.

it looks to me that most of the pending cases are becuase of namecheck. it seems to me that if ur namecheck didn't get cleared withtin 1 month once it is initiated, then u r stuck for at least 6 months if not more. so i beleive the 6 months timeline that TSC uses is not applicable for most people because almost half the people are stuck with this stupid namecheck.

and if u realise the trend, either people at tsc are getting their approval in 1 to 2 months or it goes to more than 6 months. nothing in between this expalins the problem with namecheck that i expalined in the first paragraph above.

PBLC_01302006 said:

PBLC_01302006,

I am still here waiting for the approval. There is no LUD and any other information so far. When the processing date becomes June 18, 2006 I will call TSC to request my status.

Thanks.

That is a very interesting piece of information. Thanks for posting it. Bad news for me if that is really the case, because my communication with INS/CIS in the past was scattered across different places with each and every COS thingy.

I haven't heard or seen anything updated since they received the application and entered it into the system (so no LUD whatsoever after FP). Stuck in name check, perhaps (I haven't started worrying much yet -- I'll wait for when the processing time comes), but I don't think that's not the only major reason. It just seems unlikely a lot of applicants get stuck in FP, and yet so many guys don't see any LUD after FP these days. That wouldn't have happened so often this time last year.

So I tend to think this is in good part due to their logistical problems combined with a recent surge of I-485 files (January bulletin is just bleak -- I'm just praying EB2 worldwide will be safe this fiscal year). Poor, inefficient coordination, lack of staff, sheer incompetence, etc, so much so that they cannot even update simple entries in any consistent manner.

(Case in point, there were errors (sort of typological) in my I-140 receipt, the attorney immediately requested they fix them, but the approved I-140 leaves them unfixed. Unfreakinbelievable. Simple, simple, simple task and yet they cannot handle such simple, simple, simple task. Let alone other a bit more complex things, right?)

Hang in there guys... and happy holidays.

JonF said:
Here is an interesting piece of information regarding how the "process" of case processing itself is clearly broken.

According to my findings from a few conversations with TSC, the reason that my case is delayed is nothing to do with pending security checks. I have had confirmation from TSC on several occasions that these were cleared on September 18, 2006.

So what is the problem exactly? Stick with me here because this is hard to describe...

When you file your I-485, in order for your receipt notice to be issued, they have to put your application into a physical file.

There are two types of "file" classification that can contain your case information, Alien "A Files" and Temporary "T Files".

Each alien that has filed any paperwork (ever) with USCIS has an "A File". This is the master file that should contain all pieces of documentation about the alien. These are physical files that can only be located in one place at a time. Allegedly, when these files are not currently being "used" by USCIS they are stored at the National Records Center.

A "T File" is purely a temporary place holder for documents that could not be placed directly into an "A File". So, dependant on the location of your "A File" at the time you file your Adjustment of Status paperwork will determine whether USCIS place your I-485 into your "A File" or create a "T File" for it.

Now I hope that wasn't too confusing and that everybody is still with me...

So what does this mean in terms of processing the case from that point? Well, this is where things seem to fall apart...

In order for the USCIS Service Center to adjudicate your adjustment of status they must be in possession of all the relevant documentation and it must be all located together in your "A File". If not, they cannot and will not move forward with adjudication.

Now that makes perfect sense to me. I would expect that all the documentation is needed before a decision can be made on a case.

So for example, if your "A File" was physically located at TSC when you filed your I-485 then it is most likely that it will be placed directly into the "A File". That is ideal as it means that all the documents are together and can be adjudicated as soon as all other requirements are satisfied (security checks, etc).

However, if your "A File" was not located at TSC when your I-485 was filed then chances are you would have a "T File" created for it. Meaning that your "A File" will need to be sent to TSC and then have the contents of your "T File" merged into it.

Hopefully this is still all making sense...

Now it appears that the "merging" of "A File" and "T File" is something that can be overlooked. In my case the I-485 has been sitting at TSC since August 11, 2006 being ignored. My "A File" that contains all the other information is still at the National Records Center (December 11, 2006).

The frustrating thing is that even if security checks are cleared, visa date is current, etc. the case can still not make progress. And yet as we all know, plenty of other cases are being approved at a rapid rate. But it does shed some light on why some cases get processed at much more speedily than others.

If the extremely helpful TSC representative (this is not common for them to be this helpful) hadn't looked into my case and put a request into the system for my file to be retrieved from the National Records Center, I seriously wonder how long this would have continued to achieve no progress.

We shall see if things now start to move in the right direction.

Hi All,

I have had previous applications with USCIS too and what our friend posted here about A-files and T-files makes perfect sense to me. However, I think that is not something that I want to worry about because if the namecheck thing is done, you can take care of T-file or A-file problems thru congressman or senator as it has been the case with other people in the past, so, don't worry about that, cross your fingers that your namecheck comes faster.

MY life, MY card!!!Aproved!!!

Hi All,
After struggling all years, trying to survive w/o knowing your future, checking USCIS account 8 times a day, (sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and check :))) Yes I received a magic email today that my 485 is approved. I dont know what to say just this is the best time ever I had as Christmas...
I hope all waiting looooonggg time maybe longer than mine and never lose hoping and dreaming people like me, will get their application approved very soon. My best pray for you guys, I will keep everybody posted when I receive futher proceeding.
Hang in there that is a very overwhelming feeling...

Congrats

VOYAGER_99,

Its really great, you made it in less than 2 months. Good luck for your future plans.

VOYAGER_99 said:
Hi All,
After struggling all years, trying to survive w/o knowing your future, checking USCIS account 8 times a day, (sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and check :))) Yes I received a magic email today that my 485 is approved. I dont know what to say just this is the best time ever I had as Christmas...
I hope all waiting looooonggg time maybe longer than mine and never lose hoping and dreaming people like me, will get their application approved very soon. My best pray for you guys, I will keep everybody posted when I receive futher proceeding.

congrats.

have few questions for u:

1- from which country r u? how common is ur name and last name?
2- any idea when ur namecheck was cleared?
3- is ur A number for the I485 the same as the one for I140 receipts? (look at the receipt of both those applications)
4- in which center before (VSC or TSC or NSC or CSC) u applied before ur H1-B and OPT if u did?

thanks a lot.

antonioa77 said:
congrats.

have few questions for u:

1- from which country r u? how common is ur name and last name?

Turkey

2- any idea when ur namecheck was cleared?

I have no idea about name check status. i was very worry about it since I start reading the name check stories from this forum. I received two LUD's in 485 at the end of November. I assume that the first one was sending name check and second one was clearance of the name check. ( that's my assumption.)

3- is ur A number for the I485 the same as the one for I140 receipts? (look at the receipt of both those applications)

I dont remember I will check at home.but 485 765 and 131 are the same

4- in which center before (VSC or TSC or NSC or CSC) u applied before ur H1-B and OPT if u did?

I applied to H1-B never OPT but my attorney did it. I really dont know where did they sent. But I have never left the country since I applied. I came here and stayed. Case was pretty simple. Single application, no extended stay I 94 s are clear. Only issue was my company changed name couple months ago but I put name change certification into the application to prove that it is still the same company. But waiting the whole thing made me a bit anxious and nervous during 5 years as you all know...

thanks a lot.

I believe it is the namecheck that affecting most of India,China

Most of the names will have another thousand matches.

One needs to be born in a less populated country.
Reading forums, people from Malaysia, Singapore etc get
2 month approvals.

thks.

How common was ur name?

if ur work is in New jersey then I assume that ur h1 was done in Vermont center. it will be nice if u can check.

it will be nice if u can confirm for me if ur A number for I140 was different than the one for I485/I-131/I-765. when u do that pls send me a private message.

VOYAGER_99 said:
Hi All,

thks.

How common was ur name?

if ur work is in New jersey then I assume that ur h1 was done in Vermont center. it will be nice if u can check.

it will be nice if u can confirm for me if ur A number for I140 was different than the one for I485/I-131/I-765. when u do that pls send me a private message.

My first name is very common in my country ( most used name in females, last name is also common but not as common as first name)

I will check my H1b approvals ( i am almost sure it is in vermont) and alien number probably i can let you know tomorrow

antonioa77 said:
thks.

How common was ur name?

VOYAGER_99 said:
My first name is very common in my country ( most used name in females, last name is also common but not as common as first name)

I will check my H1b approvals ( i am almost sure it is in vermont) and alien number probably i can let you know tomorrow

thks a lot and waiting to hear from u about the alien number and H1 application. maybe also for ur H1 u had an A number, so I wana know if the H1 and i140 and the i485 have all the same number.

it is not the case for me. the I140 has an A number different than the I485/I131/I765 and I'm worried about that. maybe they should be all the same.

the true story of namecheck

I Just had my infopass apointment and I'm still stuck in the namecheck crap. the interesting thing is that the officer told me that if ur namecheck is not cleared with 1 month after they receive ur I485, then u r stuck in the namecheck for at least a yr. he said he never saw people get cleared in less than 1 yr, he said it can go up to 4 yrs. so it is a blackhole.
this is a glim picture but it seems right unfortunately.

so in summary either 1 month or at least 1 yr if not more of wait for the stupid namecheck. nothing in between. so all those 6 months process thing that TSC put on their website are useless.

In that case, might as well enjoy the holidays and wait to see what happens next year. Maybe this new system they are supposedly implementing early in 2007 will help.

herenthere said:
In that case, might as well enjoy the holidays and wait to see what happens next year. Maybe this new system they are supposedly implementing early in 2007 will help.

the new system is just for uscis internal use. it doesn't expedite the namecheck. read about it and u will c. it is not a system used by fbi to expedite namecheck.

antonioa77 said:
....... the officer told me that if ur namecheck is not cleared with 1 month after they receive ur I485, then u r stuck in the namecheck for at least a yr. he said he never saw people get cleared in less than 1 yr, he said it can go up to 4 yrs. so it is a blackhole.

many came from the Philadephia Blackhole Center (labor ) and now they are on to another black hole called security check.