Transfers to Missouri

Got another notice from BCIS

I was supprised to get the "Welcome Notice" in the mail saying that the card should come within 3 weeks. The notice was dated 9/10. My interview data was 8/31.

Got the card one day after the welcome notice.

I-140:
EB2 NIW
RD 12/2001
ND 12/2001
AD 02/2002

I-485:
RD 04/2002
ND 04/2002
FD 06/2002 (1st)
FD 11/2003 (2nd)
TD 02/2004 (1st to MSC)
TD 07/2004 (2nd to Local office)
ID 08/2004 (Approved in Interview)
CR 09/2004

Had 3 EADs, 1 iEAD and 2 APs

Good luck to everybody.
bobxu

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobxu,

Congratulations. Happy that you finally can relax after all chaos. I am sure every one here will get there soon.

My husband's ead sent to Missori

Hi, thanks in advance!
My husband's and my I485 were transfered to Philadelphia in July. But I moved to Illinois in August. I changed my address with Philly and required to transfer our cases to Chicago. But I didn't get any confirmation from either Chicago or Philly. My husband's EAD will expire in 3 months, so he has to renew it. Since we don't know where the case is, our attorney suggested to file from VSC. He did that, but when he called the INS service center for the fingerprint appointment, he was told that his EAD application is in Missouri center now. I saw the date posted from this center and they are incredibly slow for EAD application. We are worried about it so much. So if the EAD cannot be approved before his expiration date, can he just walk in to a local office to get an interim card like that if the application is with VSC? Anyone has the same experience? I really appreciate your information.

The requirement on Interim EAD is 90days after the RD of I-765 application, it should NOT matter where the application is filed with. I assume your husband would be able to get an interim EAD from local office as soon as the Reciept Date of EAD applicaton pass 90days.

bobxu

windseeker said:
Hi, thanks in advance!
My husband's and my I485 were transfered to Philadelphia in July. But I moved to Illinois in August. I changed my address with Philly and required to transfer our cases to Chicago. But I didn't get any confirmation from either Chicago or Philly. My husband's EAD will expire in 3 months, so he has to renew it. Since we don't know where the case is, our attorney suggested to file from VSC. He did that, but when he called the INS service center for the fingerprint appointment, he was told that his EAD application is in Missouri center now. I saw the date posted from this center and they are incredibly slow for EAD application. We are worried about it so much. So if the EAD cannot be approved before his expiration date, can he just walk in to a local office to get an interim card like that if the application is with VSC? Anyone has the same experience? I really appreciate your information.

Missouri Transfers

I heard from my attorney that I have got a notice for Interview on my Advance Parole, 3rd Finger printing Notice and I-485 Interview notice friday.

485 Interview date is in dec. The others are this month. I have not recd the notices yet by mail. I will update on having more information..

I am not sure what are the required documents for these interviews yet as I have not seen the details.

No interview

:confused: I do not know whats going on, have not recieved the interview letter yet. Case was transfered MSC Oct/2003 almost a year, after that no up date no status change nothing. Did an inquiry with USCIS last month and got the letter saying what I already know, that case transfered to msc do the futher inquires with Msc center. I have written to MSC couple of times at there lock box but have not gotten any reply. Went to NYC local office with the info Pass and after waiting 3hrs my turn came and I explained the lady the whole case and she said they are not processing Employment based cases in NY for interview my case is in MSC I will recieve a letter from there.

Anyone in same situation waiting for interview, or any comments on what I can do next.

RD Apr 2002
FP1 Aug2002
VSC to MSC Oct2003

Anil151,

I totally understand your frustration and anxiety. I just want to remind you that you will definately get it sooner or later. Try to take a optimistic perspective and pray along the way. You never know, you might get response in the mail any day now.

As to things you can do, it seems that you already done most of everything. Only things left seem to be contacting congressman and senator.

Good luck,
bobxu

Anil151 said:
:confused: I do not know whats going on, have not recieved the interview letter yet. Case was transfered MSC Oct/2003 almost a year, after that no up date no status change nothing. Did an inquiry with USCIS last month and got the letter saying what I already know, that case transfered to msc do the futher inquires with Msc center. I have written to MSC couple of times at there lock box but have not gotten any reply. Went to NYC local office with the info Pass and after waiting 3hrs my turn came and I explained the lady the whole case and she said they are not processing Employment based cases in NY for interview my case is in MSC I will recieve a letter from there.

Anyone in same situation waiting for interview, or any comments on what I can do next.

RD Apr 2002
FP1 Aug2002
VSC to MSC Oct2003

Missouri Transfer Got Interview in NYC

Hi today I recd the "Invitation" :mad: (interview) letter from USCIS. It is scheduled for December 15th.

Same list of docs asked..

VSC May 2002
Transfer to MSC AP 2004
Interview date Dec 2004

Anil, I have not done anything on my file except to change the address I called the CIS. After that I got transferred then I left it as it is.

Now I have recd the Interview and 3rd FP notice together.

You will get it soon. My status online said it takes about 120 days and it happened like that. They sent the interview notice with in 120 days..

I wish you good luck that you will receive the approval soon...

Bobxu, Tata2003 and all anything special I need to take care to go to the Inerview?

mine is a EB2 case changed employer after 180 days, changed address with in NY.

I don't know what triggered the interview. Anyway I wish everything go well.

Thanks to all

Hi Anil151!

My situation is almost like yours. There was nothing going on for a while and 2 weeks ago I've recived notice for finger prints. I have my second finger prints done yesterday in Hartford, my case was transfered do MSC on Nov 19 2003 and I still have this message when I check my status on USCIS web page. Now I wonder how long is going to take for an interview!?

Hi Anil151, I am in the same situation as you. My case got transfered to MSC in Nov, 2003 (RD: Jan 2002). So far no update from MSC regarding the interview date. Did two inquiries, same response that My case got transfered to MSC blah blah..(which I already know from their website). Just waiting in despair.

Thanks

:) Thanks for your reply guys and the encouragement, Now all I have to do is wait. In the mean while I was also thinking of contacting the senator. I will keep you posted about any development in my case.

Coldfusion,

I can not think of anything, except to bring your attorney with you for the interview. And if your company pays the legal cost, you shoud meet with your attorney before hand to go over your case.

good luck,
Bobxu

coldfusion said:
Hi today I recd the "Invitation" :mad: (interview) letter from USCIS. It is scheduled for December 15th.

Same list of docs asked..

VSC May 2002
Transfer to MSC AP 2004
Interview date Dec 2004

Anil, I have not done anything on my file except to change the address I called the CIS. After that I got transferred then I left it as it is.

Now I have recd the Interview and 3rd FP notice together.

You will get it soon. My status online said it takes about 120 days and it happened like that. They sent the interview notice with in 120 days..

I wish you good luck that you will receive the approval soon...

Bobxu, Tata2003 and all anything special I need to take care to go to the Inerview?

mine is a EB2 case changed employer after 180 days, changed address with in NY.

I don't know what triggered the interview. Anyway I wish everything go well.

Thanks to all

To bobxu or anyone: I am in the same situation as most of you. RD april 2002 transfer to MSC on June 2003 and MSC transfer to NYC July to NYC. So far no finger print or letter from MSC for transfer neither any interview letter from NYC. I change address while my case was in VSC updated address to VSC and confirm. Any suggestion will be appriciated.

-Thanks.

There are almost the same list of things we can try, but we never know if any one of them has any effect at all:
--call customer service
--write to INS: VSC, MSC, Local office
--contact senator, congressman for help
--expedite fax
--join Rajiv to sue CIS

There is one that always works:
--Pray and be optimistic about everything.

Wish you good luck and a speedy approval.
Bobxu

gclord2002 said:
To bobxu or anyone: I am in the same situation as most of you. RD april 2002 transfer to MSC on June 2003 and MSC transfer to NYC July to NYC. So far no finger print or letter from MSC for transfer neither any interview letter from NYC. I change address while my case was in VSC updated address to VSC and confirm. Any suggestion will be appriciated.

-Thanks.

Case transferred to St. Louis

I would like to mention that my case filed in 2001 has now been transferred to
St. Louis (Transfer date 09/22/04)
My case itself is a long story. However, in short the St. Louis office told me that they will let me know in 3 months.

My question is what is MSC? :)

RD:Mar.18, 02
TD: Dec 05,03
called VSC (same telephone number with missouri ), has been told that I need to write the letter to Missouri center. Called the lawer, has been asked this is common and I should wait. Just don't know how to do.

On June 30, 2004, My I-485 application was transferred to NY local office (Federal Plaza) for them to schedule and conduct my interview. I recently went to the NY local office to inquire on my case. To my surprize, I was told that my file was transferred again to the Missouri Service Center. An INS officer told me that as per the new rule, all interviews across the US are now scheduled out of Missouri. Does anyone know if this is true? Any idea about how long this process may take? Also do you know of a Missouri address you can write to for more info. I would appreciate if anyone can share his/her experiences at NY office.