Transfers to Missouri

Hey bobxu,

what about your interview is that done? are you still waiting

did they ask you to go to fingerprinting before interview

they gave me interview date to far almost three months

any one going for fp before interview??????????

I called 800# to check on my case status, and was told that my case transferred to NY and NY is processing based on the TD and not RD. Is that true? Then is really not fair for those concurrent filing already got approval and same goes to some 2003 filers. What happen to us 2002 filers?

Any input is appreciated.

RD 2/02
TD 6/04

Got EAD from MSC

Dropped an application for an EAD at the Hartford office in early june, received a biometrics notice on 6/20, went for biometrics 6/23, received an approval email from MSC today !!!

There is no fair on this application, only lucky. I know somebody got approved very soon with I140 and I485 together and do not need interview. Many sitll need to wait. Anyway at the end everybody can get it.

elim said:
I called 800# to check on my case status, and was told that my case transferred to NY and NY is processing based on the TD and not RD. Is that true? Then is really not fair for those concurrent filing already got approval and same goes to some 2003 filers. What happen to us 2002 filers?

Any input is appreciated.

RD 2/02
TD 6/04

Hello all,
I attended interview at fed plz, Officer asked for I140 Original and my attorny never gave that to me, i took all the documents from ages but he asked for this, he took last 3 years IRS printouts w2's and Tax returns.

The Background check came as peding, before calling me in he found this,
He was nice and professional, I thought he might just ask to come back with the original but he completed all the other parts and told that he will call me back when the FBI background check result comes back, he said 1 to 3 months for this, i was so disappointed, next time he told me to come back with original document and ead. He said he will not require the w2 stuff again but i am going to carry all the photo copies again.

I didn't read anything on I 140 original on the portal here, my lawyer says they have not asked for this previously, but to me the offices reasoning sounded logical as he said people are producing some false documents, in the list of docs there is a blanket stmt bring all the original approval, its very though what all means.

he is going to check the backgroud results once in a month or so, I pray god this comes back soon and i get that approval, It is so annoying.

Any one with thought on background check, can we call someone on this, I know few people mentioned it, i will check that too, Any one have a guess how long the officer might take to send next appointment.

thanks and all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worry about that

Did this happen in all cases ? They do not stamp passport for recent interview cases any more? and need to check the backgroud again?

I have the I140 approve notice. But for that back groud check we have to wait?

I have interview next month.

srisss I have a question.
Did they keep your document or just look and return to you? I don't know if I need make copy for all my documents that are a lot?

Also, did you leave the tel. No. of the men who interviewed you, so that you can contact with him late.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is bullshitttt totaly unfair, they transferred our chases to msc for background check, this check, that check and now they still not approving our (msc) cases.
now i have last hope from mr. bobxu case lets see whats going to happen with his case if the story same background check then i m mentaly prepared not to be approved for same cause.

The Background check came as peding, before calling me in he found this,
He was nice and professional, I thought he might just ask to come back with the original but he completed all the other parts and told that he will call me back when the FBI background check result comes back, he said 1 to 3 months for this, i was so disappointed,

My Case

labor+140=485, I have not checked this forum for a while sorry about the late reply.

My interview was scheduled for next week. We met with the lawyer this week, he did mention about the background check: there is 50% chance I will not get my passport stamped after the interview because of that. For people like me with common last name and first name, it will take longer time for name screening. I was very disappointed as well: my case stayed in MSC for 5 months and nothing was done, why not transfer directly to local office?

labor+140=485 said:
this is bullshitttt totaly unfair, they transferred our chases to msc for background check, this check, that check and now they still not approving our (msc) cases.
now i have last hope from mr. bobxu case lets see whats going to happen with his case if the story same background check then i m mentaly prepared not to be approved for same cause.

Take copies of the documents that they expect from you, Even the appointment letter take copy of that, when u go the office they take the letter and you are not even given a number, they will just call you by name, so if for any reason u r not called a copy is ur proof.
Hope you will not have a bckground check issue, few people got stamped same day recently, I think you can make a call to some number to get the names cleared .. a t b.

Interview at Albany

We had the interview this morning, it took only 20 minutes and the officer was very nice, just confrimed a few questions as on the I-485 form. She did not even ask for tax returns although interview letter requested that. To our surprise, both of our background have been cleared and our passports were stamped after the questions.

Our lawyer said again before the interview that the only concern on our case is the background check due to our common names, maybe INS got faster computer or system now it does not seem to be a big issue. Hope our experience will relieve your concern on the extra time taken on background check.

Thanks to you all for your support, and good luck to everybody!

Congratulations to you

People tell me that albany is nice.

bobxu said:
We had the interview this morning, it took only 20 minutes and the officer was very nice, just confrimed a few questions as on the I-485

Bobxu,

congratulations

I am very concerned about this name check my name also very common name, lets see whats going to happen

again goodluck

I really don't understand how INS works.

My case was transferred to NY and until now no news from local office saying they received my case. I have to renew my EAD and since case in NY, so I mail to NY. Somehow, NY transferred to MSC. What does this means? Means my case still in MSC?

My friend's case also transferred to NY but he sent his EAD to Vermont. Then VSC sent to NY and the next few days, he received an interview letter from NY.

What should I do now? Call 800# and ask them where's my case now?

Help is needed.

Thanks

bobxu,

My case was also transferred to MSC on 12/03. Recently I received interview letter. The interview was scheduled in NYC on 11/04. The problem is that I moved to CA and already filed AR11 and also called CIS to update my address. But they are still using my old address. I am lucky that my friend is still living in my old address. My question to you and experts here is: is it possible that they will transfer my case to CA after interview.

2nd question: what is certified IRS printouts?
3rd question: Do I need affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864). My case is a NIW case and I am the petitioner.

Thanks.

nk95,
IRS print out is called form 1722, it is simple call that 1800 number from irs.gov, they will send it for free. Coming to transfer, my guess would be attened the interview get over with it, at the time of interview they will update the address, if you request for an explicit transfer it might take a different path, BobXU can give an experianced suggestion on this. I went for interviw at NYC, mine didn;t get approved that day as the back ground check was pending and also the officer asked for I140 Original, I got the original now, waiting for the call again.

nk95,

My lawyer mentioned to me, the IIO normally clears everything during an interview. it is very unlikely that your case is going to be transferred after an interview. If your background check is done, u will be stamped, otherwise will be pending to approve after background check is cleared.

You can call a IRS phone number to get IRS transcript, but that is not the copy of 1040. The IIO forgot to ask us for the tax returns during theinterview although the interview notice requested. You can go to local IRS office to find out more information.

I asked the same question to my lawyer about 864, he said it is not necessary for employment based case.

Good luck,
bobxu

nk95 said:
bobxu,

My case was also transferred to MSC on 12/03. Recently I received interview letter. The interview was scheduled in NYC on 11/04. The problem is that I moved to CA and already filed AR11 and also called CIS to update my address. But they are still using my old address. I am lucky that my friend is still living in my old address. My question to you and experts here is: is it possible that they will transfer my case to CA after interview.

2nd question: what is certified IRS printouts?
3rd question: Do I need affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864). My case is a NIW case and I am the petitioner.

Thanks.