Transfers to Missouri

feb6361,

That is the part which upsets me.
I would rather the case being transferred to my local office. My local office is albany, NY, which normally take only about 2-3 months to get an interview after transfer.

And now we hope....

bobxu,

I am from ATLANTA, GA..my case got transferred on 10/20/03 from VSC to MSC when I send my AR-11 since I moved from NJ to GA. I think, one of the reason they are transferring to MSC because our local offices like NYC and ATLANTA having huge backlog/overloaded of transferred cases. I havn't seen any case transferred for states other than NY and GA.

I am still waiting to hear from them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfer to MSC

Bob,
Just found out that my file was transfered to MSC today.
I original filed my application in TSC and the file was transfered to VSC early this year because I moved to NY from Atlanta two years ago. It took them more than 7 months to transfer my file to VSC. My wife's application is still in TSC.

Yes, I moved and local INS office is NYC.

" On February 27, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 "

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked the status this morning, message changed to:

Current Status:

On March 1, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Transfer Date was : 2/18/04

transfered on Dec.5. and the online meseage never get change.

On December 5, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

EAC 02156
state: NYC
NIW
never change job or address. use H1 only. do not apply EAD.

Actually, I think the status change does not really give mroe information but more confusion. The case is now recieved instead of tranferred, but who received it? VSC, MSC, no idea.

Originally posted by b301
transfered on Dec.5. and the online meseage never get change.

On December 5, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

EAC 02156
state: NYC
NIW
never change job or address. use H1 only. do not apply EAD.

Today my wife and daughter's case were transferred to MSC.
Now all of the family's case are same SC. Jsut start now.
Still no one approved from MSC? Just a black box?

transfered to msc on feb 27

just checked my online message showing my case including my wife and kids transfered to missori, at first i thouht its a mistake my case should transfer to ny local office if it should be, but now i m seeing on this thread many buddies are with me

rd 08/17/2002
nd 08/21/2002
fp 09/27/2002
eac 02265...........

Yesterday, I went to local office to get my interim EAD. The lady took my I765 Recietp and put my A# into the computer and then she murmured" NO, God, they should not transfer your case there"

Then she asked me: did you move? I replied, I have not moved for last six years.

She seems talked to herself "why the transfer?". then she talked to me: " I need let my supervisor know and I will need a copy of your 485 reciept".

After I got my Interim-ead, I went back to the window and gave her the 485 reciept copy. she seems already forgot what she requested me to do. But she said something like " we will see what we can do, to transfer your case here".

I am getting paranoid now...

According to online status, my case was transfered to MSC, however, I received a letter from VSC, indicating:
" Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed. and it has been transfered to the INS office at:
US. INS PO Box # 7216, Chicago, IL 60630-7216
That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquires should be made to that office."

What is wrong with the immigration office? Any one received the letter from VSC?

i applied for AP in november 2003 now my case transferred to missouri from vermont service, how to get my ap ? whos going to issue it, vermont service or missouri??????????

Althogh online status stating my file was transfered to MSC, however, by calling 1800 number and it was found that my file was transfered to Chicago INS based on the infromation in automatical message.
Don't know where the file is transfered to right now.
Suggest all of you call 1800 number and make sure your file is in MSC.

I think your file is in Missouri.
My file was transferred to Hartford CT and my lawyer confirmed by phone, my file is in Missouri. Internet and notification (lawyer got) said Hartford. I was worry and went Hartford. IIO checked their computer and found that my file is in Missouri. Still internet does not change (say Hartford) and customer service also same.
If you worry, you had better go local office and ask them.
Their information is more accurate. Than 1-800.

tangonta,
Thank you for your infromation. I will try to figure out where is my file and post the information here.

xu30318,

MSC postal address is same that you heard on 800 number i.e in Chicago, IL.

Originally posted by xu30318
Althogh online status stating my file was transfered to MSC, however, by calling 1800 number and it was found that my file was transfered to Chicago INS based on the infromation in automatical message.
Don't know where the file is transfered to right now.
Suggest all of you call 1800 number and make sure your file is in MSC.

Now I am confusing.
My lawyer submit my I-765 to Lee's Summit MO and I got receipt from them. I believed National Benefits Center=MSC and located in MO. But looks different.

Don't mention you and me. Even the CIS ladies get confused about this. She asked me specificly if the mailing address is a PO Box and I told her Yes. May be MSC have different office, one in MO and one in IL.

The following is copied from other thread. if it is true, consider we are the lucky ones.

"Processing in Missouri
The last time I went to Federal Plaza (Nov 03) to try and get a status update (my eight futile visit) the officer mentioned that recent transfers are being processed in Missouri due to the backlog in NYC. He said that there were about 3000 pending transfers that would still be processed in NYC and the rest were being sent to Missouri where he expected them to be processed quicker. Unfortunatley mine was one of the 3000 cases they decided to process through the painfully slow NYC process.

He also mentioned that for transfers they consider the TD to be the new RD and since they are now only up to RD of June 02 (and my TD was Nov 02) they considered my application to be within the regular processing time and would not look into it.

Before I left he did ask me whether he had answered all my questions and provided outstanding service.......
"

I hope so.
But BCIS started to transfer to MSC few month ago maybe around Oct.2003. Still never see any approval from MSC.
No information they provided for I-485.