Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

tired_2005 said:
Thank you very much for your generous offering. But I don't want you to cancel your appointment. It's important to you, too. I will just keep trying. I think mine should be scheduled pretty soon since I've been waiting for sooooooo long. Anyway, thanks! :)

I think you got me wrong. I am not canceling my wife's interview appointment. I had taken an appointment last week to talk to the immigration officer at the local office to enquire abt my wife's case. Now that she has been scheduled, I don't need that appointment anymore.

In that case, it will be great!!! I just called my lawyer about my EAD application. She told me that she hadn't got the receipt yet. It's almost been a month... I am really worried about my card now. My EAD will be expired in June. I don't think I can get it in time. So could you please give me that appointment? I would very appreciate!

Can you let me know what would be the best time you'll be online so that I can cancel and at the same time you can get your appointment. Also, today at around 4:30 - 6pm try and see if you get an appointment. Sometimes cancelling and getting it doesn't work so I don't want you to be hanging around wherein we both can't do much because of the stupid system.

Thank you for your quick response!!! I will try this afternoon around 4-6PM. If I failed, then maybe we could try cancelling and getting things tomorrow. :)

Passports got stamped

All,

My family went to interview, which was scheduled for 9:15AM. We reached there abt 8:20 AM and were called in by an nice African American man at 9:20 AM. First he got the signatures and finger prints for me, my wife and my daughter and then he took us to his office. He started with my file first. She asked me the passport & identification (drivers license) and then he started asking questions like,father-name, mother-name,DOB, place of birth, current address ,phone numbers "ever arrested , ever deported etc ". After that he started asking for papers I-94,SSN, employment letter, three years tax returns,W-2’s,how long been you are working this employer and EAD card. Then he started the same procedure for my wife and my daughter. Then he checked new fingerprint (two weeks back I gave new fingerprint) , Name check .He said everything looks OK.Then he checked my wife new fingerprint(she gave her new fingerprint last Tuesday only) and name check, he said name check was fine but he don’t received new finger print from FBI .Finally he approved my case and my daughter case and said it may take another week to get my wife new fingerprints. He said he is going to send approval letter after they receive new fingerprint from FBI.

In the end he took my EAD’s and I-94 for me and my daughter and then stamped the passports. She said that we should be able to get the cards in 12 months.

I had taken fresh medicals and photographs but he never asked for that.

Good luck to all who are preparing/waiting for the interview. Many thanks to H1Blayoff.

Labor :02/2000
I-140 :08/2001
I-485 RD:06/26/02
Finger print1 :08/02
TD:09/04(transfer to Atlanta)
TD :02/04(Transfer to Washington DC from Atlanta)
ID: 04/04/05
AD:04/04/05

mkris99 said:
All,

My family went to interview, which was scheduled for 9:15AM. We reached there abt 8:20 AM and were called in by an nice African American man at 9:20 AM. First he got the signatures and finger prints for me, my wife and my daughter and then he took us to his office. He started with my file first. She asked me the passport & identification (drivers license) and then he started asking questions like,father-name, mother-name,DOB, place of birth, current address ,phone numbers "ever arrested , ever deported etc ". After that he started asking for papers I-94,SSN, employment letter, three years tax returns,W-2’s,how long been you are working this employer and EAD card. Then he started the same procedure for my wife and my daughter. Then he checked new fingerprint (two weeks back I gave new fingerprint) , Name check .He said everything looks OK.Then he checked my wife new fingerprint(she gave her new fingerprint last Tuesday only) and name check, he said name check was fine but he don’t received new finger print from FBI .Finally he approved my case and my daughter case and said it may take another week to get my wife new fingerprints. He said he is going to send approval letter after they receive new fingerprint from FBI.

In the end he took my EAD’s and I-94 for me and my daughter and then stamped the passports. She said that we should be able to get the cards in 12 months.

I had taken fresh medicals and photographs but he never asked for that.

Good luck to all who are preparing/waiting for the interview. Many thanks to H1Blayoff.

Labor :02/2000
I-140 :08/2001
I-485 RD:06/26/02
Finger print1 :08/02
TD:09/04(transfer to Atlanta)
TD :02/04(Transfer to Washington DC from Atlanta)
ID: 04/04/05
AD:04/04/05

I am glad that everything went on smooth for you and your family. Congratulations and enjoy freedom.

INFOPASS Appointments available for April 19th

I checked into the InfoPass website and appointments are available for April 19th.

Tired_2005, were you successful in getting an appointment?

Anyone else , interested in getting an appointment should try immediately. :eek:

Many thanks!

Thank you soooooooooooo much. Y, I did get an appointment. I Kept trying this afternoon from 4-6, but failed. Just checked your updates and tried it again---Got it finally!!! :) Thank you so much for this useful information. May I ask you another question: I saw the appointment type is general information and the room is 102 on the confirmation sheet. I went to the room 102 before. It seemed that those immigration officers were not helpful, either. They told me to go upstairs to enquire last time. Am I supposed to go upstairs or downstairs? Do you think people who work at 102 can help me with enquriy? :confused:

Good news or bad?

I just checked my mailbox this morning and found out a receipt from MO(for my EAD card). I was requested by doing the biometrics. I think I did it in July 2002, which is 3 years ago. Is it good or bad? Will it trigger the interview? Or just simply mean nothing? :confused:

Good

H1Blayoff said:
By the way,I received interview letter for my wife. She has been scheduled for second week of April. Just wanted to share some news and keep this forum updated.

Thats good to know. Atleast things are not at a standstill at the DC office.
Good Luck for the interview.

I scheduled an appointment this friday for Biometrics(for EAD card). How long does it usually take to get the labor card? I heard it might take about 5 to 6 months... :( I am so worried because my card will be expired in the beginning of June. I also got an appointment for enquiry in 2 weeks. But I am not sure if local office will help me with my case or maybe they will tell me the same thing--keep waiting? :confused: Is it possible that local office will put my file aside again after my finger prints done??? I've been waiting for almost 19 months now after the transfer. Each day goes toooooooo long...

H1Blayoff,Have you received your plastic card?

H1Blayoff,I am still waiting for my Plastic card, have you received yours?
I beleive you have got stamped two days before to me(mine- 9th of march'05)

Some of us, have received in 25 days.are expecting anytime soon?

I have to travel out of US through some where EROUPE and you need have plastic card to wavie trasit visa, pastport stamping is not enough.
**this is from couple of travel agents**

I have tickets for 20th April, let us see.what will happen by that time.

Thanks...

save_intvu said:
H1Blayoff,I am still waiting for my Plastic card, have you received yours?
I beleive you have got stamped two days before to me(mine- 9th of march'05)

Some of us, have received in 25 days.are expecting anytime soon?

I have to travel out of US through some where EROUPE and you need have plastic card to wavie trasit visa, pastport stamping is not enough.
**this is from couple of travel agents**

I have tickets for 20th April, let us see.what will happen by that time.

Thanks...

I haven't received my card yet. Was wondering what might be the problem. Hopefully you should get it before 20th April.

Did you guys have to get the finger prints done when you applied your EAD card? Is it a normal schedule or is it because my pending case for 485 has been reviewed by local office? :confused:

Wonderfulboy, if you are really sorry, then please remove your ads about renting out your townhouse from this forum. This is the forum for immigration issues. You have been through the process yourself and you should know how painful this process is for most GC-seekers. Many people come to this forum for both practical advices and for psychological support. It's a virtual community where people share one thing in common to gather together -- the immigration.

You are starting a bad practice to contaminate this forum that means a lot to many visitors. Please show respect to all the forum members and remove your ads. If other people's interest doesn't concern you, then please remember how you felt before you got your GC approved and what you were expecting from the forum at that time.

I agree.. Please remove any ads. If you really need to rent it out, you can post it in Washington City Paper and it's free.

EAD Card Approved

I received a notification from USCIS yesterday that my EAD card was approved. Exactly a month after I sent the application. I received no receipt notice. The notification said, come to the office and pickup. Also bring proof of residence, ID and OLD EAD cards.

USCIS booked an appointment on the 21st of April at 1:30. The letter also said, if you cannot keep that appointment, you can come in and pickup any following wednesday between 1PM and 2PM.

Did any of you receive the same kind of notification in the past? Last time I recieved my EAD card, they sent it to my home address (that was my first EAD card from Vermont).

Y, this is exactly how it happened to my last EAD. I got my first and second EAD from mail. But for the third one, I have to go to local immigration office in person(got this card with one fingerprint on it). For the fourth one, I got the receipt after 1 month of filing and I was asked to do the finger prints again. It's very weird. :confused: I don't know if they are processing my pending 485 or just for the EAD....

tired_2005 said:
Y, this is exactly how it happened to my last EAD. I got my first and second EAD from mail. But for the third one, I have to go to local immigration office in person(got this card with one fingerprint on it). For the fourth one, I got the receipt after 1 month of filing and I was asked to do the finger prints again. It's very weird. :confused: I don't know if they are processing my pending 485 or just for the EAD....

And that happens in a country that talks about being most organized and efficient and have millions of corporations that speak about being organized and standard procedures. :rolleyes: :D

Hi save_intvu, thanks for your support. Wonderfulboy's ads was removed. Please remove it from the quote in your post, too. Otherwise, he's advertising through your post.