Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Any interview calls or approvals

After a big wave of interviews and approvals, there appears to be a lul again... anyone know what is going on?

Hello USCIS, anyone working or not? :rolleyes:

Employment letter for GC interview

I am preparing documents for my interview based on people experiences in this thread (especially H1Blayoff, wonderfullboy, perico, Ironkla,etc., interview experiences) . I have a question about my employment letter .As per USCIS we have to state the following information in employment letter
1 The title of the position
2. Employment begin date
3. Salary
4. Name of the person to contact who can verify employment

But attorney said do not show employment begin date, the reason was If I put that date I can not use AC21 because I did not work 180 days for sponsoring company ,after filling my I-485.

Do I need to put employment start date in the employment letter?
Do they create any problem saying that why you did not follow the requirement?.Please advise me what to do

Case detail
Labor filled in 2000 through company A when I was with company A
I-140 filled in 2001 through company A when I was with company A
Moved to company B in Oct 2001
I-140 approved in December 2001
I-485 filled in June 2002 through company A as sponsoring company
I-485 transferred to Atlanta in Sep 2004
I-485 transferred to DC in Feb 2005
Interview letters received on: 03/12/05 from DC office
Interview is scheduled on 04/04/05

mkris99 said:
I am preparing documents for my interview based on people experiences in this thread (especially H1Blayoff, wonderfullboy, perico, Ironkla,etc., interview experiences) . I have a question about my employment letter .As per USCIS we have to state the following information in employment letter
1 The title of the position
2. Employment begin date
3. Salary
4. Name of the person to contact who can verify employment

But attorney said do not show employment begin date, the reason was If I put that date I can not use AC21 because I did not work 180 days for sponsoring company ,after filling my I-485.

Do I need to put employment start date in the employment letter?
Do they create any problem saying that why you did not follow the requirement?.Please advise me what to do

Case detail
Labor filled in 2000 through company A when I was with company A
I-140 filled in 2001 through company A when I was with company A
Moved to company B in Oct 2001
I-140 approved in December 2001
I-485 filled in June 2002 through company A as sponsoring company
I-485 transferred to Atlanta in Sep 2004
I-485 transferred to DC in Feb 2005
Interview letters received on: 03/12/05 from DC office
Interview is scheduled on 04/04/05

Frankly speaking yo're running 50/50 chances wherein the officer will look into each of your documents. Again, the interview being time-bound they might never even bother to look at it. Go as per your lawyer recommends.

By the way, I had put a start date in my employment letter and the officer never bothered to look at the letter.

EAD application returned

My wife's EAD application was returned by the local office saying that nothing should be written on the back of the check. I had put the Alien # in the area where sometimes we sign when depositing cheques in banks.

I am going to wait till April 14th because I have an appointment at the local office. Also heard from Emily that my wife's interview will be scheduled soon.

What do you guys suggest? Should I wait or no?

H1Blayoff, I would suggest wait until 14th and apply it there. Almost nearing 4 weeks, no reply yet in my case.

Btw, you should never write anything on the back of the check. if you have to write anything, write in the memo col. on the lower left side corner of the check.

Dude12 said:
H1Blayoff, I would suggest wait until 14th and apply it there. Almost nearing 4 weeks, no reply yet in my case.

Btw, you should never write anything on the back of the check. if you have to write anything, write in the memo col. on the lower left side corner of the check.

I am not sure why I did that. May be while writing the A# on the back of the photographs, I might have thot, it would be a good idea to write it on the back of the cheque too. Anyways, I have decided to wait till the 14th. If I get the interview letter in mail by then, well and good else here goes the EAD application USCIS..

Question for H1blaidoff

I called Emily about a week ago. She said she would send enquiry to fairfax local office. I know it's too early to ask. But how long did your friends usually wait until they got answers from Emily or Immigration officer after the enquiry? Should I call Emily again in a month or she will call me once she hear anything from local office? Any help on this question would be very appreciated. Hope everybody good luck!

tired_2005 said:
I called Emily about a week ago. She said she would send enquiry to fairfax local office. I know it's too early to ask. But how long did your friends usually wait until they got answers from Emily or Immigration officer after the enquiry? Should I call Emily again in a month or she will call me once she hear anything from local office? Any help on this question would be very appreciated. Hope everybody good luck!

Wait for a week or two and then ping her. She is sometimes busy and doesn't provide an update on the enquiry on her own. Calling her would be a good bet.

By the way, whats your transfer date?

Thank you

Y, I will definitely call her in a week or two. Thank you very much! The following is my case detail if you want to share:

Employment Based:
I485 Receipt date: 3/20/02
I485 Notice date: 4/6/02
EAD dates: Can't remember--but renewed four times
Transfer date: 9/17/03
Interview date: :confused:
Approval date: :confused:

tired_2005 said:
Y, I will definitely call her in a week or two. Thank you very much! The following is my case detail if you want to share:

Employment Based:
I485 Receipt date: 3/20/02
I485 Notice date: 4/6/02
EAD dates: Can't remember--but renewed four times
Transfer date: 9/17/03
Interview date: :confused:
Approval date: :confused:

After reading positive responses in this forum regarding help from Senator Allen office I did contact Emily. Mine was not a very pleasant experience. After waiting, calling and emailing her for more than 6 weeks, I was able to talk to her this week. As per her, USCIS has asked them not to send any more requests for status.

They will get to applications when they can. As per her my case was recently transferred (Jan 28th, 2005) so do not expect much. (It has something to do with thousand of applications transfers to DC office from Vermont)

She and USICS do not understand that my 485 has been pending for more than 2.5 years now. After long wait at NSC case was transferred to DC but it seems DC office has its own queue and we are again the last one :mad:

Discouraged

After reading your response, I am very disappointed. I don't know how long I have to wait. As you can see, my 485 has been pending for more than 3 years. I waited about 18 months in VSC and then my case was transferred to DC office. It's also been 18 months already. I have no idea when it's my turn... :mad: Why did USCIS ask people to stop enquiring if something goes wrong? Why were those transferred cases processed earlier if they were sent to DC office later? By what kind of sequences are the immigration officers processing our cases? I am so frustrated... :(

Guys cool down

I know its quite frustrating to wait for the interview. But trust me, people in this forum(except for some lucky ones like wonderfulboy) have waited a minimum of 9-14 months for the interview. That doesn't mean that san_GC & tired_2005 have to wait till you cross that minimum month bar. I am not sure why DC office has asked Senator's office not to enquire on the status. Might be thier plates are also full and they don't have any plan on scheduling interviews. But this won't last for a long time. They'll have to provide status through the congressional people as there is no other channel to enquire about a case.

Tired_2005, I can understand your frustration. Looks like your file is lost or is not accessible to the officer. Same happened with my wife's case and I have been following with Senator's office for a long time. Its ridiculous to see that they haven't scheduled someone who has been waiting for 1.5 years. This is the longest period I have ever seen in this forum. Still, take it easy. Here is another helpline you can try.

Congressman Frank Wolf's office: Talk to Judie Mceary at (703)-509-7800. She is also sweet to talk to and understands our frustration. I am sure she will help you out.

Keep yourself active and don't loose patience. Do whatever you are able to do. Tired_2005, schedule an appointment with the local office soon. Visit them and explain your problem. They will definitely enquire and that might trigger your interview.

By the way,I received interview letter for my wife. She has been scheduled for second week of April. Just wanted to share some news and keep this forum updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you--H1blayoff. It seems that you are a very positive guy. I might be too pessimistic. I will keep my fingers acrossed. Hope my case and all the other cases in this thread get approved soon!!! :)

tired_2005 said:
Thank you--H1blayoff. It seems that you are a very positive guy. I might be too pessimistic. I will keep my fingers acrossed. Hope my case and all the other cases in this thread get approved soon!!! :)

Thats good. I am sure you will hear the good news soon. Just be positive and spread it too.

hi H1Blayoff

2 Questions

Can we ask Congressman Wolf to help/enquire when Senator Allen has case file too?

Are you suggestign tired_2005 to visit DC USCIS office? How can we ask them to look into our case?

What will happen if they lost my case?

One more question: What if they lost my case? Does it mean that I have to restart everything all over again? Or just resubmit the backup document and don't need to wait in line? :confused: I tried several times for scheduling an appointment. But Infopass always told me that at this time, there were no appointment available.. or something like that. So I called immigration office(800 numbers) 4 times. I guess they sent 3 enquiry letters to the local office already. But I don't know what is going on... Anyway, I was told that nothing was wrong with the server. I have to keep trying for scheduling the appointment since many people do the same thing daily. I hope after I called
Emily, I can get the interview scheduled soon....Keep hoping...

san_GC said:
hi H1Blayoff

2 Questions

Can we ask Congressman Wolf to help/enquire when Senator Allen has case file too?

Are you suggestign tired_2005 to visit DC USCIS office? How can we ask them to look into our case?

Yes, it doesn't matter if you enquire through Congressman Wolf's office. Just don't mention abt you seeking help from Senator Allen's office.

Visiting the USCIS office helps. You know what happened with mkris99. He didn't get interview letter for his wife and so he visited the USCIS office. they made him wait for a while but handed over the interview letter same day. That helped him because otherwise he would have struggled like me enquiring from all possible channels to get the interview letter.

tired_2005 said:
One more question: What if they lost my case? Does it mean that I have to restart everything all over again? Or just resubmit the backup document and don't need to wait in line? :confused: I tried several times for scheduling an appointment. But Infopass always told me that at this time, there were no appointment available.. or something like that. So I called immigration office(800 numbers) 4 times. I guess they sent 3 enquiry letters to the local office already. But I don't know what is going on... Anyway, I was told that nothing was wrong with the server. I have to keep trying for scheduling the appointment since many people do the same thing daily. I hope after I called
Emily, I can get the interview scheduled soon....Keep hoping...

i have an appointment scheduled for April 14th at 9:30 am. if you wish to have it, I will cancel it but at the same time you got to login and grab it. Let me know what would be the best time to do it.

Also try grabbing appointments starting 4:30 pm -6pm. Thats the only time when they are available. I don't know why but I had posted some information on this from some other thread. I am posting the link again

Infopass tricks

Hope this helps

Thank you very much for your generous offering. But I don't want you to cancel your appointment. It's important to you, too. I will just keep trying. I think mine should be scheduled pretty soon since I've been waiting for sooooooo long. Anyway, thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator: