Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Thanks to all

Thanks to you..
wonderfulboy said:
Hi Save_intvu Congratulations!!! for you and your wife both got approved and stamped.

Hi H1BLayoff Congratulations!!! for you got approved. I hope your wife will get the interview letter soon.

My wife got interview letter within 2 months time after we rescheduled her interview. We are going for her interview on 16th March.

Hi Ironklad Congratulations for you and your family members too.

H1Blayoff said:
After being interviewed and stamped, did anyone see a change in the status message on the USCIS site. I checked mine and saw the same old stale message saying " We transferred your case on..blah blah blah..."

Any inputs would be appreciated.

H1Blayoff,
I was interviewed in December 2004. My message never changed either. I got my plastic card on March 4th.

I got approved and got my plasic card, but I also got EAD extension approval letter asking me to pick it up a few days ago.
Should I go ahead and show up or can I just discard?
Any input appreciated.

I had my interview on march 2 2005. the officer stamped my passport and took my finger print on a greencard form and made me sign it.....how long would it be till i get the actual green card in the mail? any ideas?
:)

Perico said:
I had my interview on march 2 2005. the officer stamped my passport and took my finger print on a greencard form and made me sign it.....how long would it be till i get the actual green card in the mail? any ideas?
:)

After reading thru WonderfulBoy's post, I think the card is received in a month's time from the stamping date..April first week should probably be the time you will receive your card.

You can discard that one..
Both are two different applications..your EAD application does not have any link with your GC application, other than your 485 Receipt notice that filed along with your EAD application.

cmyk55 said:
I got approved and got my plasic card, but I also got EAD extension approval letter asking me to pick it up a few days ago.
Should I go ahead and show up or can I just discard?
Any input appreciated.

Renewing EAD at local office

Haven't yet heard about my wife's interview. In the meantime, its time to renew her EAD (3 months prior to the expiration date). Does anyone have any experience with renewing EAD with the local office. If yes then I would like to know the following:

1. How much time does local office take to renew EAD?
2. Where should the EAD application be mailed to?

Any information will be appreciaed.

-Thanks

H1bLayoff can you help me ?

I need to renew my EAD which will expire on June 30th '05.
My case has been transfered to DC office in December.

Question
Where should I send my EAD application Washington DC or VSC ?

Thank you

immi1972 said:
H1bLayoff can you help me ?

I need to renew my EAD which will expire on June 30th '05.
My case has been transfered to DC office in December.

Question
Where should I send my EAD application Washington DC or VSC ?

Thank you

Believe me, I am looking for answers too. Will let you know if I find something.

EAD Renewal Process

ALL,

Go by person or mail your application to local office,if your 485 is pending at that local office(I prefer you to go by person rather than mail so you can collect your receipt note immeditaly there)
Then go to local office after 20 - 30 days from apply if you did not approval by mail.They will approve at counter and will ask you to collect following wed'day to pick the EAD..
90days or any other roll will not apply for the pending 485 cases at local office.
This process is from ppl experieces, it has not written in any documents

I wish you all the best.

H1Blayoff said:
Believe me, I am looking for answers too. Will let you know if I find something.

Last edited by a moderator:
save_intvu said:
ALL,

Go by person or mail your application to local office,if your 485 is pending at that local office(I prefer you to go by person rather than mail so you can collect your receipt note immeditaly there)
Then go to local office after 20 - 30 days from apply if you did not approval by mail.They will approve at counter and will ask you to collect following wed'day to pick the EAD..
90days or any other roll will not apply for the pending 485 cases at local office.
This process is from ppl experieces, it has not written in any documents

I wish you all the best.

I don't think so. You need to wait till you complete 90 days. I went to local office after 70+ days . They asked me to come again after 90 days and it was painful to get another appointment and waiting for 3 hrs to get my EAD.
Can we go to local office to submit application without appointment?

I have tried to ask about my transferred Application also during my appointment but unable to get any specific answer. Do not how long it will take to get any kind of communication from them.

PS: I see lot of guys getting approvals. Congratulations to all of you.

Waiting for my turn!

We are here 3 friend and all three have got same way of EAD renewal.
It looks like it was with that specific officer.I went on 28th day of my ND
They approved and my friends-one guy went 15 days and other guy went after 8 days abd explained about his current EAD expiring,they approved both cases
coming 485 status , it is completely dependent on that officer at counter.

This is what our exp., i am not generalizing this..
Then what is wrong taking a shot???

Yes, you need have a app. to file any kind of application or you can go between 11:00AM to 3:00PM w/o app.

All the best.

krishnam9 said:
I don't think so. You need to wait till you complete 90 days. I went to local office after 70+ days . They asked me to come again after 90 days and it was painful to get another appointment and waiting for 3 hrs to get my EAD.
Can we go to local office to submit application without appointment?

I have tried to ask about my transferred Application also during my appointment but unable to get any specific answer. Do not how long it will take to get any kind of communication from them.

PS: I see lot of guys getting approvals. Congratulations to all of you.

Waiting for my turn!

Applying EAD

I have applied through Postal mail (sent them certified) in the first week of March. Fee was collected from my account on the 8th of March. It is 15th of March today and don't have any kind of intimation from the office about receipt or approval. May be as Save_intvu said, it is better to apply in-person. My EAD expires in the month of MAY. I have a good 2 months time. I will wait until the mid of April to see if something happens, else I would go to the office and get it done. I will update everyone with the status, if any.

As for sending it to the local office, send it to the same address as the postal address of the local office ( i cannot remember of the top of my head). What I did though was, on the top of the envelope, I wrote APPLICATION FOR I-765 (EAD)(just in case).

Another quickie, Include your current address on the personal check, my application was sent back, because there was no address on it, when I first applied in FEB. If you don't have your address on the check or address is not current, paste an address label over it. Trust me, it will save a round trip.

Also, if the application is transferred to the local office, it seems that it should be applied at the local office. I confirmed it with my attorney and the national service center.

I will post the mailing address shortly.

Dude12 said:
I have applied through Postal mail (sent them certified) in the first week of March. Fee was collected from my account on the 8th of March. It is 15th of March today and don't have any kind of intimation from the office about receipt or approval. May be as Save_intvu said, it is better to apply in-person. My EAD expires in the month of MAY. I have a good 2 months time. I will wait until the mid of April to see if something happens, else I would go to the office and get it done. I will update everyone with the status, if any.

As for sending it to the local office, send it to the same address as the postal address of the local office ( i cannot remember of the top of my head). What I did though was, on the top of the envelope, I wrote APPLICATION FOR I-765 (EAD)(just in case).

Another quickie, Include your current address on the personal check, my application was sent back, because there was no address on it, when I first applied in FEB. If you don't have your address on the check or address is not current, paste an address label over it. Trust me, it will save a round trip.

Also, if the application is transferred to the local office, it seems that it should be applied at the local office. I confirmed it with my attorney and the national service center.

I will post the mailing address shortly.

Dude12,

Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

Sample Employement letter for GC Interview

Hi ,

My GC Interview has been scheduled on 04/04/2005, can any one tell me employment letter format? And required documents?. Here is the my case details in brief

1. My previous company filled my GC
2. Joined in new company in Oct 2001 before I-140 approval
3. I-140 approved in Dec 2001
4. I-485 filled on June 2002 through previous employer
5. File transferred to Atlanta on Sep 2004
6. File transferred from Atlanta to DC office in Feb 2005
7. Yesterday we received interview letters from DC office and interview has been scheduled on 4/4/05 for entire family (me, my wife and daughter)

I did lot of efforts to transfer file from Atlanta to DC but it took 5 months to get files over here.

I have couple of questions for interview documentation will appreciate if you could answers my questions

1. Do we need retake medical exam?
2. Do I need to show employment letter from previous company (sponsoring company) ? But I am not willing to join sponsoring company because it is a small desi consulting company and they can not find me a job
3. Do I need to use AC21 law?
4. What is the format of employment letter?
5. What are the required documents(necessry documnets)? In my interview letter they asked only few things like Employment letter,3 years tax returns, medicals
6. What kind question I can expect from officer? What could be the answer if officer ask me to whome you are working and are you willing to join sponsoring company?

Any inputs????

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
mkris99 said:
Hi ,

My GC Interview has been scheduled on 04/04/2005, can any one tell me employment letter format? And required documents?. Here is the my case details in brief

1. My previous company filled my GC
2. Joined in new company in Oct 2001 before I-140 approval
3. I-140 approved in Dec 2001
4. I-485 filled on June 2002 through previous employer
5. File transferred to Atlanta on Sep 2004
6. File transferred from Atlanta to DC office in Feb 2005
7. Yesterday we received interview letters from DC office and interview has been scheduled on 4/4/05 for entire family (me, my wife and daughter)

I did lot of efforts to transfer file from Atlanta to DC but it took 5 months to get files over here.

I have couple of questions for interview documentation will appreciate if you could answers my questions

1. Do we need retake medical exam?
Ans:I would say NO. Based on the expereince people had in the forum, they haven't asked anyone for medicals inspite of them mentioning in the interview letter.

2. Do I need to show employment letter from previous company (sponsoring company) ? But I am not willing to join sponsoring company because it is a small desi consulting company and they can not find me a job
Ans: Talk to your lawyer and make sure what needs to be done in this case. If you have worked for the company before then you just need to show an employment letter from your current company.

3. Do I need to use AC21 law?
Ans: Keep the memo ready incase they ask questions on change of employer.

4. What is the format of employment?
Ans: Just state your title, salary & job prospects. I had mentioned some of the duties on the job that matched the labor cert.

5. What are the required documents? In my interview letter they asked only few things Employment letter,3 years tax returns, medicals

Ans:
1. All EAD's (if any)
2. Advance parole (If any)
3. Degree certificates
4. Latest pay stubs (4)
5. Photos(2)
6. Transfer notice copy (optional)
7. I-485 notice copy (optional)

6. What kind question I can expect from officer? What could be the answer if officer ask me are you willing to join sponsoring company?

Ans: You can say that the sponsoring company's is not doing well with thier business so I would stay with my current employer as the prospects are better.

For questions from the officer, you can go through the posts in this thread and read the experiences posted by people. Most of the time, questions are standard.

Thanks in advance

mkris99 said:
Hi ,
Your other questions have already been answered. My 2 cents on point 2.

My case was very similar to yours. I had taken the Employment Letter froom the current employer and I also had AC21 letter with me in case they asked for it. But the intvw officer just said "What abt the company "X". I said I dont work for that company anymore. And she did not ask anything else. She did not even match the job description or anything. I think you should be OK.