Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Hi Friends,

This is the brief history of my GC local transfer process.

My case is local transferred on 23r Sep 2004 to washington dc office. I got interview letter on 17th Dec 2004. Interviewed on 4th January 2005. Since they didn't got my security check cleared they didn't stamp my passport on the date of interview. My GC is approved on Feb 9th 2005.

So after the case is transferred to local office it took 4 1/2 months to get the approval. I think its pretty fast all happened.

The Key members that made it to happen are all the friends in the forum, Emily Evans, Wonderfulboy :) :) of course.

Attorney fees for accompanying to the interview

Wonderfulboy,

Could you let me know if your attorney charged you any special fees for accompanying you to the interview. If yes, would you mind to share the figure.

Hi H1BLayoff,

Unfortunately i didn't took the lawyer for the interview. I myself went alone for the interview. That's the reason i cannot give you any figure. May be someone else in the forum might help you.

Wonderfulboy, It could have wonderful if i could have get an interview letter like others..Still waiting..you know how pian is this waiting..
Anywway thanks for the wishes, i will take it in advace..

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

H1BLayOff, Save_intvu, ironklad, Pierco for getting the interview letters. I wish you all get approved in the interview.

Someone asked for Addresss of David Hardy. The email address is "FBINNCP Email<FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov>". The Address where to send the hard copy of the letter is

David M. Hardy, Chief
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535
Fax: (202) 324-3752.

The reason why i opted for sending hard copy of the letter is because someone in the forum suggested me and also i thought of bombarding the FBI name check department with all possible options. After the sending the letter through fedex i also did send the same copy through fax also.

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752

Regarding arranging the documentation for the interview.

1) Sponsoring Employment Letter and their 2004 Tax Returns.
2) Form I-131 (Support of Affidavit) notarized for all the dependents, Letter from bank stating the bank balances.
3) Proof of marriage - Marriage Certificate, Photos with Spouse, Documents that reflect both our names like Bank Check Book, Sale deed of the house we bought, Medical Insurance Card etc.
4) Driver License and PassPort (all pages), I-94 cards copies for all family members too.
5) Medical Reports if available for you and all family members
6) EAD Card, Advanced Parole and H1visa, I-485, I-140 receipt notices for all the family members
7) Tax Returns including W2's for last 3 years
8) Utility Bills to show the address proof
9) INS standard photographs for you and all family members (just in case if INS doesn't have them in their file).
10) Interview letters for you and family members.
11)

These are few things i remember. I maintained seperated folders for me and my wife.

Best of luck for you all guys. I am waiting on 23rd 10:45 AM for my GC stamping. We are waiting for the interview letter for my wife. Because we rescheduled her interview since she is outof country during the time INS called us for interview.

I will keep posted any updates.

wonderfulboy said:
Hi H1BLayoff,

Unfortunately i didn't took the lawyer for the interview. I myself went alone for the interview. That's the reason i cannot give you any figure. May be someone else in the forum might help you.

My lawyer is quoting me high fees for appearing at the interview. From your experience at the interview, do you think its worth taking the lawyer?

ironklad said:
Yes I got a separate invw letter for me , my wife and my son. Sorry I missed ur question the last time. I am a little tense and excited rt now.

Ironklad,
Thanks for replying. I know the kind of excitement you're going thru.

save_intvu,
I know its quite frustrating. Ask me, how frustrated I was until yday. You never know. You go home today and the letter might be in your mail box. Do update us when you get the good news.

I didn't take my attorney with me, and it was perfectly fine just for the interview. Even if the officer brings out the security check issue, what can a lawyer do about it? In my personal opinion, it's not worth paying money to take your attorney.
Just get your documents together, orgarnize them as clean as possible, and you'll be fine. Make sure to bring originals and copies.

My laywer will accompany me to interview with no extra charge. It was mentioned before signing with him. Of cause, it can be seen as including the charge in the initial fee.

sorry to bug so much.....can anyone tell me , I have already submitted the medical exams back on april 2004, now in my interview letter they are requesting my medical exams again? should get new one's done.....or since i have already submitted the exams back in april 2004...I have heard that exams are valid for 15 months....? any suggestions????

Advance parole

Our case was transferred to Hartford on 8/23/04. We need to renew our advance parole now. Can anybody tell me where can I apply for that now?

Thanks
smt

smt said:
Our case was transferred to Hartford on 8/23/04. We need to renew our advance parole now. Can anybody tell me where can I apply for that now?

Thanks
smt

You need to submit the Adv Parole application to the Hartford local office. Thats what I did when my case was transferred to the DC local office. They would usually approve it in a week or two.

No you do not have to redo your Medical Exam. I did mine in Dec. 2002 and had my interview in Jan 2005 and the medicals were still valid. By the way, I received my card earlier this week, one month after approval. Congratulations, wonderfulboy on your approval. Now you can stop stressing over your green card. To everyone else who is waiting, keep the faith.

Form I-864 vs I-134 (Affidavit of Support)

With my application for I-485 I had submitted I-864 - "Affidavit of Support" - in respect of my wife and my son. Now in my interview letter they have not asked for the affidavit of support but there is an accompanying letter showing address change and this letter has another list of required documents. One of the list points is

[Principal Applicant Only] - Completed Form I-134 for each accompanying family member, if any.

I dont think I-134 is applicable in our case. Please advise and submit your valuable opinion and comments.

Thanks

they are doing the same in my letter, the first page they do not request affidavit, but on the separate list it mentions it, but read the second list carefully, its reads " if you have not submitted yet or if you are not sure about it". I spoke to my lawyer and she said its not required to do that again, medical exams are good for 12 months only.( those you have to do them again) with the affidavit is best thing to do is take copies if you have already submitted it.
"

NoVAguy said:
No you do not have to redo your Medical Exam. I did mine in Dec. 2002 and had my interview in Jan 2005 and the medicals were still valid. By the way, I received my card earlier this week, one month after approval. Congratulations, wonderfulboy on your approval. Now you can stop stressing over your green card. To everyone else who is waiting, keep the faith.

in your interview letter, did they ask you to bring in medical exams( appear even if not completed) ?????? cause i have been told medicals are only good for 12 months...... and in my interview letter it's marked with an X .

Congratulations!

Wonderfulboy,

Great news! Congratulations for your approval!

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

Its very happy for me to hear the news that my GC has been approved on 9th February 2005. I got a call just a while ago from Rajiv Khanna's office (being my lawyer for GC) and also i did received the fax copy which their office received from Immigration Office today.

The Letter stated as follows

"Dear Sir:

Your application for lawful permanent resident status has been approved. Your alien registration card will arrive by mail within the next twelve months.

Please do not travel outside the United States without first receiving a passport endorsement from United Status Citizenship and Immigration Services. In order to receive this endorsement, you must make an INFOPASS appointment via the Internet at www.infopass.uscis.gov; under the section for the type of appointment, please select the one for an approval letter. On the day of your appointment, please bring with you this letter, a copy of your INFOPASS Appointment letter, your valid passport, and one other form of identification.

Sincerely,
Phyllis A. Howard
District Director Services.

Its a long journey i had. I got great support from the members of this forum in every stage of the process. This forum is a knowledgable resource.

Special thanks for you all being so patient to all my quesstions, clarifications and queries.

Hi TransDC,

Thank you very much for wishes. I am very relaxed right now after completing a very big journey.

Waiting for interview letter for my too.

Fingerprinting notice

Guys,
My interview letter doesn't have any enclosure for fingerprinting. Does that mean I don't need to do fingerprinting. By the way, I did my fingerprinting back in Feb 2004.

Any information would be appreciated.

Letter to David Hardy

Hello CJ,
I am a new entrant to this site. This is my first post. I have spent entire day today reading this particular thread, it is so informative, Thanks to folks like you, WonderfulBoy, Perico, Ironklad, Peaceinspirit etc. My case is transferred to local office in Washington.D.C in November 2004. I did not know earlier there would be a name check process. I have wasted 3 months. Now I know, I want to send a letter to David Hardy's office. My questions to you is: Did you send two separate letters for you and your wife? Also can you send me a copy of a mock letter you sent to FBI?

Thanks much
Vish

ceejay said:
Wonderfulboy,
I took your advise to send the hard copy name check enquiry through Fedex last week. Guess what, I received the mail from Mr.Hardy that name check was cleared today for me. I would like thank you very much for that. Whoever view this post, please realize that hard copy is making difference. It worked for me after I sent three E-mails over last few months. The E-mail says like below :

Dear Mr. xxx::

I am responding to your letter dated February 9, 2005, concerning the
name check status of you and your wife, xxx.

The FBI completed a name check for your wife on July 31, 2003, and for
you on February 16, 2005. The results
were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,
Washington, DC .

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

My case got transferred to Bloomington and I had interview on Oct 27th. I have been waiting for the name check process to complete. I scheduled an infopass for Friday to enquire about the status. What should I do now? Can I show the officer the printout of the E-mail? If it was forwarded to Washington DC, how soon the local office get the result?

Thanks
Ceejay