Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Thanks H1BLayoff.

My EAD would be expiring in another 4 weeks. I am planning to go and talk to them in 2 weeks.

Can you tell me if we get any kind of communication from them after sending application? I have to do my AO renewal also. Don't how long that would take if i applu now?

krishnam9 said:
Thanks H1BLayoff.

My EAD would be expiring in another 4 weeks. I am planning to go and talk to them in 2 weeks.

Can you tell me if we get any kind of communication from them after sending application? I have to do my AO renewal also. Don't how long that would take if i applu now?

I am not sure abt the EAD renewal. I had been there to get my interim EAD when my EAD case was pending at Vermont for more than 3 months. After a month of issueing the interim EAD, my EAD was transferred from Vermont to the local office. After that I haven't heard anything from them. I thot they were suppose to issue me the actual EAD card.

As far as the Advance Parole is concerned, I received it in two weeks after mailing my application. This was last year, don't know whats the time line now.

Anyone had any experience with renewing Adv. Parole with the local office? Please share your thots and help out.

san_GC said:
Guys based on your past experinces which Senator's office is better in responding to the queries. I read somewhere that Senator Warner is Pro Immigration and Sen. Allen is not in favor of immigration.

I had better experience with Sen. George allen's office. They are better at responding. Followed up with Sen. John Warner's office a couple of times. Didn't receive anything yet.

Try emailing Emaily Gaitonde at Emily_Gaitonde@allen.senate.gov. She will able to help you out.

Hi PeaceInSpirit,

Post the experience of your infopass appointment today. That will give some additional information to me. We both of us are travelling in the same boat.

Completed the interview but stuck with FBI name check. After that both of us received emailed from FBI name check department (David Hardy) and the reports are delivered back to Washington DC office.

Now we are waiting the officer to mail the approval letter and ask us to come for stamping.

I am desperately waiting for the letter in mail box everyday.

I emailed and called Emily from allen's office. She already did forward the email which i received from FBI to local INS office. She is also waiting for the response from Local INS office.

When i went for the local office recently to get my renewed EAD i did fill in an inquiry form explaining the above status. The immigration officer in the counter said she will handover this to the officer who is handling my Permanent Residency case.

Here is my experience today.

I went to Fairfax office to check my I485 Status,

the officer said I should expect interivew some time in March , if I don't get any thing by middle of april I should come back again.

And he said my back ground check/security check is done and it is clean.

He gave me an appointment to do finger printing at application support center in Alexandria.

I hope it I get it by april.

thanks guys.

Can anyone tell me how to get an InforPass appointment?

Wonderfulboy, how did you get your fingerprint appointment? I did not received any fingerprint notice in my interview letter. My last fingerprint was done in Jan 2004. I wonder whether it is expired.

Also, I do not have any dependent in my case. In my interview letter, it said I need to bring I134 form. Is it necessary?

Thanks.

TransDC,

Regarding Finger Prints there is no Finger Prints appointment. I just drove to the Application Support Center one fine day morning and showed them the Finger Print Related Documentation in the Interview letter. Then they tried to take my Finger Prints and then when i told them that i gave it in July 2004 then said its not required because Finger Prints are valid for 15 months.

I would recommend you to go the Application Support Center and explain the situation. Let them decide whether you need Finger Prints or not.

Then coming to Dependents if you are married and you added your spouse to your GC application. You need to take I-134 for your spouse.

If you are single then you need not have to take any dependent related documentation, Marriage Certificate etc.

Wonderfulboy,

My inforpass is for 2/4, Friday. I will post my experience after then. I am hoping to receive the approval notice befor Fiday.

NoGCYet03 said:
I went to Fairfax office to check my I485 Status,

the officer said I should expect interivew some time in March , if I don't get any thing by middle of april I should come back again.

And he said my back ground check/security check is done and it is clean.

He gave me an appointment to do finger printing at application support center in Alexandria.

I hope it I get it by april.

thanks guys.

Thanks for sharing the information. I would say never beleive these people. They just give BS just to drive us away when we go to bug them about status on the our case.

Look at the way the officer put it. Sometime in March, if it doesn't come by mid April come and see us again. You go in April, they will give you some BS abt June..if not by mid July then some and see us again. This loop just goes on. If they could update on their site with some dates on where what case they are processing, we wouldn't have to waste time and money to go down there to ask status on our case.

I am not discouraging anyone, just feels frustrated when USCIS treats us like fools.

Wonderfulboy,

Thanks for your reply.
I did go to the Alexandria support center on Richmond Highway this morning. There was a huge line in front of me whiel I arrived. I showed the lady my interview letter, which mentioned the fingerpoint appointment. But she said I cannot get finger printed until I have the notice. sign.............

What tax return forms should I bring with? Form 1040? Do I also have to bring the state return forms?

Thanks.

Not a Good News or A Good News

Guys, you are lucky who got the interview letters especially Cases transferred in Q3 of 2004.
In Feb, March and April they are trying complete scheduling for those cases which had remained Since 1st Jan'04.
Cases transferred from 1st OCT'04 to 31st Dec'04 will be scheduled starting 1st May'05 to end of June.
This is from a reliable source and will come into news soon.

This is not specific case, this is over all pic.

For me , it is a bad news....
Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
save_intvu said:
Guys, you are lucky who got the interview letters especially Cases transferred in Q3 of 2004.
In Feb, March and April they are trying complete scheduling for those cases which had remained Since 1st Jan'04.
Cases transferred from 1st OCT'04 to 31st Dec'04 will be scheduled starting 1st May'05 to end of June.
This is from a reliable source and will come into news soon.

This is not specific case, this is over all pic.

For me , it is a bad news....
Thanks...

Just wanted to see if I understood you..

Do you mean to say they will be looking into cases transferred on/after Jan'04 to Sep '04 in Feb/March/April 2005. Then May 2005 onwards they are going to look into cases that have been transferred on/after Oct'04 till Dec'04.

Is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
U Got It...

H1Blayoff said:
Just wanted to see if I understood you..

Do you mean to say they will be looking into cases transferred on/after Jan'04 to Sep '04 in Feb/March/April 2005. Then May 2005 onwards they are going to look into cases that have been transferred on/after Oct'04 till Dec'04.

Is that right?

I spoke to Emily Evans At the Senator's office again, she said my case which was transferred aug 6 2004, can not be scheduled until late may or late june, she said that currently the DC office does not treat cases on first in, first out, rather she said they go by priority date????? Also she said that Vermont center just transferred 3,000 cases all at once.....she also said that the DC office is becoming more efficient????( I wonder which department )
my 485 Rd is 04/2004 and I was finger printed on dec of 2004.....

this is a nightmare............

Perico said:
I spoke to Emily Evans At the Senator's office again, she said my case which was transferred aug 6 2004, can not be scheduled until late may or late june, she said that currently the DC office does not treat cases on first in, first out, rather she said they go by priority date????? Also she said that Vermont center just transferred 3,000 cases all at once.....she also said that the DC office is becoming more efficient????( I wonder which department )
my 485 Rd is 04/2004 and I was finger printed on dec of 2004.....

this is a nightmare............

She did tell me too abt the 3000 cases transferred to DC office from Vermont. As of date she hasn't got any update on my case from the local office..strange though. The priority date thing is something new. Anyways, DC office becoming efficient is a good news for people waiting in the queue and getting in the queue soon.

All the best, hope your case gets scheduled sooon. Never know, one fine day you check your mail & interview letter catches your eye.

AP Question..Thanks for your suggestions...

Hi Friends, I have waited for long time for this Green Card to travel to my home country, now I gave up.
So planning to file Advance Parole (AP) for first time, I have not applied with 1st and 2ND EADs.

Could you please suggest the best way. I mean is good to file electronically (could you please share your exp. with electronic filing)

If we will file by person at local office, will they give AP immediately local office.

I really appreciate your input on this.

Thanks..

save_intvu said:
Hi Friends, I have waited for long time for this Green Card to travel to my home country, now I gave up.
So planning to file Advance Parole (AP) for first time, I have not applied with 1st and 2ND EADs.

Could you please suggest the best way. I mean is good to file electronically (could you please share your exp. with electronic filing)

If we will file by person at local office, will they give AP immediately local office.

I really appreciate your input on this.

Thanks..

I had mailed it to the local office. Got it approved in a week's time. I haven't used electronic filing though.

Hi PeaceInSpirit,

Did you have any luck? I wish you will succeed this time. Your feedback will give some information my case also.