Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Wonderfulboy

Hi Wonderfulboy,

How long it takes for Emily's office to find out the status of a case at local office?

Thanks...

EAD renewal

NoGCYet03, can you tell me if you get your EAD from DC office? I am also interested in knowing it. My hubby filed his EAD renewal to NSC on 11/15 and his 485 was transferred to DC office on 1/6 since we moved here. His current EAD will expire on 2/5. Does he need to wait 90 days until the filing date to get a interim EAD? Can you tell me what documents you need to bring to the office to get the interim EAD? Thanks a lot!

to save_intvu

save_intvu:

My hubby is in the similar situation. His 485 was transferred to local office but EAD is still pending in service center. Do you mean even in this case he can bring the original copy of EAD application to the local office and they will renew your EAD there or you have to wait for the transfer of EAD to be done?

crystal_yajing said:
save_intvu:

My hubby is in the similar situation. His 485 was transferred to local office but EAD is still pending in service center. Do you mean even in this case he can bring the original copy of EAD application to the local office and they will renew your EAD there or you have to wait for the transfer of EAD to be done?

I guess your hubby has to wait till the regional office transfers the application to the local office. Till that time, he has to wait. If its been over 90 days then he can go to the local office and get an interim EAD.

I contacted Emily Evans back on december 2004, she just got back to me saying that USCIS has informed her my case will be scheduled for interview sometime in late feb. or early march. Hope that the info is accurate :)

Lc PD April 28 2001
I-140/485RD: april 12 2004
I-140 AD aug 5 2004
I-485 transfer to wash dc office Aug 5 2004
FP1 December 4, 2004
Interview Date: ??????????

crystal_yajing said:
NoGCYet03, can you tell me if you get your EAD from DC office? I am also interested in knowing it. My hubby filed his EAD renewal to NSC on 11/15 and his 485 was transferred to DC office on 1/6 since we moved here. His current EAD will expire on 2/5. Does he need to wait 90 days until the filing date to get a interim EAD? Can you tell me what documents you need to bring to the office to get the interim EAD? Thanks a lot!

Hi crystal_yajing ,
I did not go yesturday for EAD, I am going on Feb 2 with Appointment, because I realised that I have not used my EAD yet, my H1B is expiring on March 31 05. So will let you know on Feb 2.

Perico,

the information provided by Emily is 100% accurate in regards to your interview.

For me also she said the same. USCIS office sent a fax to her that my case will be interviewed in Dec 2004 or early 2005.

My interview is scheduled on Jan 4th 2005.

Keep your spirits high for interview in feb or march. Before that try to straighten your FBI Security check by sending email, fax and letter to Mr. David Hardy's office in FBI who handles Security Checks.

Best of Luck.

Status of Local Office Appointment

Hi Friends,

Today morning me and my wife went to Local Office for Renewal of EAD and AP after our cases EAD (I-765) and AP (I-131) are transferred to local office on November 4th 2004. Our EAD's and AP's are expiring on 10th Feb 2005.

We took single infopass appointment for both of our cases. We asked to fill in I-765 form and asked to wait for meet the immigration officer (token system).

For me and my wife they gave appointment on 26th January 9:00am and 10:00am to go and collect the EAD's. For my wife they gave Travel Document immediately.

Regarding our 485 case enquiry they asked us to fill in an inquiry form explaining the reason, EAC#, Date of Birth, Address etc. The immigration officer said she will submit the inquiry forms to the Officer who is dealing with our cases.

In my inquiry form i wrote the clear reason that my Permanent Residency Interview is held on 4th January 2005. The officer held my application because Security check feedback is not available. But i said on 13th Jan 2005 FBI did send the Security Check feedback on my case to Local Office. Kindly try to get my stamping sooner the possible.

She said the officer will look into the inquiry form and then will send the approval letter through mail to your home address.

EAD and Travel Document stuff will be done. Waiting for 485 approval still.

Wonder....are you from DC or VA...I am from north VA..If my case is transferred....where will my case be transferred ?

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

Today morning me and my wife went to Local Office for Renewal of EAD and AP after our cases EAD (I-765) and AP (I-131) are transferred to local office on November 4th 2004. Our EAD's and AP's are expiring on 10th Feb 2005.

We took single infopass appointment for both of our cases. We asked to fill in I-765 form and asked to wait for meet the immigration officer (token system).

For me and my wife they gave appointment on 26th January 9:00am and 10:00am to go and collect the EAD's. For my wife they gave Travel Document immediately.

Regarding our 485 case enquiry they asked us to fill in an inquiry form explaining the reason, EAC#, Date of Birth, Address etc. The immigration officer said she will submit the inquiry forms to the Officer who is dealing with our cases.

In my inquiry form i wrote the clear reason that my Permanent Residency Interview is held on 4th January 2005. The officer held my application because Security check feedback is not available. But i said on 13th Jan 2005 FBI did send the Security Check feedback on my case to Local Office. Kindly try to get my stamping sooner the possible.

She said the officer will look into the inquiry form and then will send the approval letter through mail to your home address.

EAD and Travel Document stuff will be done. Waiting for 485 approval still.

Wonderfulboy. thanks for sharing the information. I am wondering who asked you to fill out the inquiry form about your I-485? Can you directly speak to an immigration officer and show them the FBI's email? I got an inforpass for 2/4, hope I can speak to an officer directly.

For OrangeTreats i am from Northern VA too. If the case is transferred it will be transferred to local INS office located in 2675 Prosperity Ave, Farifax, VA. Thats where our case is transferred to.

PeaceInspirit regarding to your question in the 1st Floor after i showed the infopass appointment for EAD and AP renewal they gave token numbers for me and my wife. They asked us to wait till an officer in the counter call for our token numbers.

When i attended my token number the officer said still your Security Check is shown as pending when i told her that i received response from FBI. She said i don't bother what FBI sent to you. We are based on the status we see in the computer. She said it showing as Pending.

She is the same lady who asked me to come on 26th Jan 9:00am to receive the renewed EAD.

Then a different officer at another counter called my wife. She gave similar appointment to my wife to pick the EAD on 26th Jan 10:00am. Then me and my wife asked the lady about our 485 statuses. Then she gave the inquiry forms for both of us to fill it up and submit. She said she will submit these to the officer who is looking after our cases and he will act accordingly.

Then she took us to a person and he prepared travel document for my wife immediately.

That way my wife got Travel document immediately. For picking EAD's we need to go back again on 26th Jan.

For 485 status we submitted Inquiry forms.

Let's see what will happen. Hopefully i receive approval letter in mail sooner the possible.

Wonderfulboy, thanks for the detailed information. Like senator's office said, it may take 2-3 weeks for CIS to get the new name check status. Maybe that's why the first officer said that their computer still shows that your name check is still pending. Don't worry, it will get through. I'll see how lucky I will be on 2/4.

family appointment

Wonderfulboy, Thank you so much for sharing the information. I have a stamping appointment next Wed. But my hubby's 485 and EAD application were both transferred to DC. Can I take him with my appointment to get his renewal EAD as a family case? Is there any chance to get in without an appointment?

One more question

Wonderfulboy, could you tell me what documents you need to bring to renew EAD in local office? The EAD transfer notice from service center? Thanks!

These are the documentation which i feel should be taken for EAD renewal

1) EAD Transfer Notice
2) Address Proof (Utility Bill)
3) Driver's License
4) Infopass Appointment
5) Passport (Just in Case Required)
6) Filled in I-795 Form
7) Existing EAD Card
8) I-485 notice (Just in Case Required)

Hi Crystal_yajing,

This forum told me to manage with one appoitment for both me and my wife to get EAD's and Travel Documents. I did the same way. It worked for me.

I hope you can do the same too. Getting 2 appointments in a family during the same time is difficult. So just manage with 1 appointment that's my advice.

Best of luck for your family.

crystal_yajing, Sorry for delay in response, I was on tarvel since last friday.

Anyway, Generally,they transfer EAD same time ( a week after) of 485 transfer.If it was not heppned like this in your case then

1.Call Service center then they will eithr appove or your call will trigg to move your EAD application to local office, then go after a week from transfer then they will approve.

2. Go directly to Local office, explian the situation then they could ask you to fill application if they does not have your appliaction already.
I wish you al the best.

crystal_yajing said:
save_intvu:

1000 thanks

Thank you guys (or girls :) so much! Wish you good luck! We received the EAD transfer email last Friday and I have the appointment to have my passport stamped this Wed. I guess by then local office hasn't received the physical files yet for my hubby's transfer EAD. But anyway we will try to go together this Wednesday and hopefully they will let both of us in so he can at least fill out 765 application. His EAD will expire on 2/5. But I think the hope is really small because our cases are different, it's very likely that they won't let my hubby in without separate appointment ...