Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Need response all my friends

Guys,

I need the opinion and view all of you my friends.

My 485 application is a future employment case. Let me give little background about it.

My Sponsoring Employer is a small company who does IT consulting. They have about 80 employees right now.

I used to work with them 4 years before as a consultant. After working for about 1 year with them i applied for labour application in May 2001. But after applying the labour application in July 2001 my contract got over.

Then i joined different companies and worked as an employee and consultant. But never through the sponsoring employer. In December 2002 i filed my 485/I-140 application through concurrent process. The sponsoring employer supported for 485/I-140 application. I got my I-140 approved in Feb 2003. Went through 2FP's and 3EAD's as of now.

I have been through interview process recently as you all know. In the interview i have submitted Future Employment supporting letter from the same sponsoring company.

Now iam getting permanent opportunities with other good companies. But as i mentioned except that 2 months initial period i never worked with sponsoring company.

What should i do now? Can i take another opportunities and never join sponsoring employer any more? Will that create problem for my Naturalization?

Or will that be good to immediately work with them now and lets assume i get my GC by March 2005. I still work for them 3-4 months after that also i.e. July 2005. So totally from Feb - July 2005 (around 5+ months) and then leave them and take up Permanent Opportunities.

I am in a dilemma about this issue?

At the time of citizenship they ask for the past five years work records and tax returns. If one files for the citizenship after six years then one has to go back only five years for the tax and work record. Everybody says that it is safe to change job after six months after getting your green card. This is just one idea, you should talk to you attorney about this matter.
Good Luck

Sorry for the delay information. I was really lucky today. Got both mine and my husband's passport stampted. It's kind of a miracle. I even cannot believe it. The office thought I was interviewed on 1/4/2004, so he was very serious about our case. Ane when I asked about my husband's case, he checked and said officer H (who interviewed us) just located my husband's case this morning. And he went upstairs to check with officer H. When he came back, he brought the approval letters for us, and stamped our passport.

Guys, cross your fingers and pray, sometimes, you really need God's bless. I don't think we did anything to make our case approved today, only God can do such kind of thing.

God bless everyone. And thank everyone here, I really appreciate all the informations you provided here.

Hi,

PeaceInSpirit heartly congrulations. Will you advice me something? Since you are in the same situation as me. Can you detailed how it worked? Iam very anxious to know about it.

Address for sending the EAD application

H1Blayoff said:
I had mailed it to the local office. Got it approved in a week's time. I haven't used electronic filing though.

Hi H1Blayoff,
Could you post the address for sending the EAD application to the local DC office, Please? I could not find it anywhere.

My lawyer advised me to go and file at the local office personally. But, when I try to get an appointment, the Infopass system says it has nothing available. Not in any category.

Did anyone ever have exps. with online filing of EAD?

Thanks in advance.

wonderfulboy,Take it easy..as said you can go 6 months late to citizenship.
You can cut couple of pay-stabs from your sponsered employer.
Thanks...

wonderfulboy said:
Guys,

I need the opinion and view all of you my friends.

My 485 application is a future employment case. Let me give little background about it.

My Sponsoring Employer is a small company who does IT consulting. They have about 80 employees right now.

I used to work with them 4 years before as a consultant. After working for about 1 year with them i applied for labour application in May 2001. But after applying the labour application in July 2001 my contract got over.

Then i joined different companies and worked as an employee and consultant. But never through the sponsoring employer. In December 2002 i filed my 485/I-140 application through concurrent process. The sponsoring employer supported for 485/I-140 application. I got my I-140 approved in Feb 2003. Went through 2FP's and 3EAD's as of now.

I have been through interview process recently as you all know. In the interview i have submitted Future Employment supporting letter from the same sponsoring company.

Now iam getting permanent opportunities with other good companies. But as i mentioned except that 2 months initial period i never worked with sponsoring company.

What should i do now? Can i take another opportunities and never join sponsoring employer any more? Will that create problem for my Naturalization?

Or will that be good to immediately work with them now and lets assume i get my GC by March 2005. I still work for them 3-4 months after that also i.e. July 2005. So totally from Feb - July 2005 (around 5+ months) and then leave them and take up Permanent Opportunities.

I am in a dilemma about this issue?

Wonderfulboy,

I think the lucky thing of my case is that the officer interviewed us (officer H) is really nice. As she promised us, she updated the status of our case every month, that's why my husband's case was located that morning (2/4) by officer H, remember that she interviewed us on 1/4. And that triggered the officer downstairs went upstairs to check with officer H about our case, and she still remembered us, so she print out the approval notice right away and let the officer brought it down to us and stamped our passport.

I don't know what else I can tell you. But we really prayed a lot.

good luck on your next trip to their office.

Dude12 said:
Hi H1Blayoff,
Could you post the address for sending the EAD application to the local DC office, Please? I could not find it anywhere.

My lawyer advised me to go and file at the local office personally. But, when I try to get an appointment, the Infopass system says it has nothing available. Not in any category.

Did anyone ever have exps. with online filing of EAD?

Thanks in advance.

Here you go:

USCIS
Washington District Office
2675 Prosperity Avenue
Fairfax, VA 22031

Make sure you have an INFOPASS appointment before you go. Also read all the instructions on the USCIS site for the Washington DC office regarding filing EAD application. Please update us with your experience. I am sure it will be helpful for people like me filing for EAD in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi PeaceInSpirit,

When you went for enquiry about your case on 2/4 did you went to ground Floor where there is information center or you have been to 2nd Floor?

If you have been to 2nd Floor to meet the immigration officer then the immigration officer whom you met is the same as the Officer H who interviewed you?

If the immigration officer is not same as officer H then how did you end up in talking to your officer H? Did the immigration officer communicated it to Officer H?

Also if any one have an infopass appointment please can you donate that for me. I myself is also trying to get an infopass appointment too.

I want to go to immigration officer as peaceInSpirit did and try my best to get my passport stamped with GC.

That would be a big help if any can do this favour.

Any luck with interview letter?

Guys,

Sorry for repeating the same question through 2004 and now in 2005. Did anyone of you happen to receive interview letter or got any update from Senator's office. I have stopped calling the Senator office because they don't seem to get any update on my case(I am not sure whats so special abt my case).

We saw a lot of interviews pouring in for Jan 2005, after that only one in Feb 2005. What is the local office upto? If they are scheduling for March 2005, they should have started mailing out letters in February right?. Hope they do that soon.......

Wonderfulboy,

I went to the first floor, and the immigration information officer at the window went upstairs to talk to officer H who interviewed us. That's why I said we are lucky. Because in the Morning on that day, officer H just located my husband's case. So, the information officer wanted to go upstairs to check that out with officer H.

I have an infopass for 2/10, I got it just in case I did not have any lucky on 2/4. I can give it to you if you want, but how should I give it to you?

Can you pass it through Fax to me? Send it on to Ram Naresh. Fax Number is 703-762-4014.

I hope i can use the Infopass which is on other person name i guess right?

I remember some one in this forum did that.

Did you took the Email which you received from FBI also?

In your case you know that Officer H interviewed you and also the officer did gave you a letter. But in my case i don't have specifics of the officer who did the interview to me and also he didn't gave me any letter at all.

Another point i want to know from the status you mentioned is that, you were saying that the officer expressed and confused about interview date as 1/4/2005? What is that? Can you brief out on that too?

Hi Friends,

I just got the response from Emily (senator allen office) about our cases. She said that the officer will make a decision on my case within 120 days after the Interview is done. I have been interviewed on 4th January 2005. The target date is within May 1st week. Its almost 3 months far away. I don't know what need to be verified by the officer after everything is done already.

Regarding my wife's case she said they will schedule the interview again between 30-60 days it seems.

peaceInSpirit you are lucky. You got a good officer. My officer sucks. After doing the interview, after getting confirmation from FBI just like you i don't know why my officer wants to hold it for some more time.

My officer didn't even gave me a status report just like your officer did.

But still i am going to go for Infopass Appointment and bother the officer.

h1blayoff:

It seems that nobody recently got interview letters. I have not received any letter from INS or Allen's office. When I called Emily, she told me that it can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to get reply from local office. After this week, it is going to be 4 weeks when I plan to call her to see the status.

I joined the club whose members are waiting for interview letter more than one year after transfer done in Jan. 04.

There are many ppl, who are reading this thread but are not posting their exp. or their stories...we have hardly 15% to 20% of transferred ppl writing, We don’t even know howmany out there w/o following this thread.

I would like to request you all, who are reading this thread , please post your details/exp.s, that will help to all.

Wonderfulboy,

I don't think you can take my inforpass. I remembered that people were talking about the donation of inforpass though canceling the existing inforpass, and at the same time, you apply for your inforpass, you'll get one because there will be a time slot open. You want to try that? By the way, my inforpass is under the getting approval notice category.

As for the confusion of the interview date, the information officer realized that later, and told me I should have made an inquiry after 180 days after the interview. So, the thing that triggerred him to go upstairs is that he saw that my husband's case was updated in the morning on that day.

Hi PeaceInSpirit,

I got infopass appointment for 23rd February 2005 at 10:45 am. I will try my luck. But after Emily said it might take any time before May 1st week i lost hopes that it will be approved any time soon. I am frustrated a lot today but nothing i can do except cool myself.

pardon my ignorance

H1Blayoff said:
Here you go:

USCIS
Washington District Office
2675 Prosperity Avenue
Fairfax, VA 22031

Make sure you have an INFOPASS appointment before you go. Also read all the instructions on the USCIS site for the Washington DC office regarding filing EAD application. Please update us with your experience. I am sure it will be helpful for people like me filing for EAD in the future.
Thanks for the info H1BLayoff. Sorry, I couldn't reply immediately.

Pardon my ignorance but, isn't that the location of the office? Is there no special "Attn:" Line, Attn:EAD Dept. (or something)? or some special branch name within the office to direct the application to?
I am still unable to get an appointment in any category. I am thinking of mailing the application to them. Could you please confirm that there is nothing more to the address... and you sent it to the same address and received an approval from?

thanks in advance