Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

goastros said:
Thanks H1Blayoff, i tried the InfoPass appt for DC field office.

I tried chosing both -
You have a question about your case. AND
You wish to speak to an immigration officer.
For both I got the following -
At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

This is such a $%$#.
People who are successful in getting Infopass - how do you do it ?

I tried too and it gave me the same message. Try again somtime later. May be they are booked for this month and January appts might become available at a later time.

This is my first post on this thread.
I got my interview letter on November 17th. My Interview was today. It was employment based case and both me and my wife got our passports stamped. My case was transferred from Nebraska to Washington DC office on August 18th, 2004.

to Atif1972

Atif1972

1. who is officer?
2. tell us more in details, your receipt data and asked documents
3. did they ask for the Medical exam results , I-693? it was included in our I-485 appliction packages two years ago, will they askl a new one? thanks.

Hey Guys,

Here is a good news that We got our approval letters in yesterday mail. They Interviewed us on 7th and approval date printed on the letters was 9th. Now the last hurdle is to get PP stamped... I tried many times for infopass during the odd hours as discussed in this forum but got the same message...not available.. Do I have to take 4 appointments for my wife and 2 kids? One is very difficult then how can for rest ....this is too much...Any help on this...

Adnamj - Can I use your info pass for PP stamping for all of us? If yes, then what is procedure? how can I do it? and is it possible that this can be used.

For all who got PP stamped - Do I need to carry 2 photos? If yes, then what type of photos? like straight or side face?

Thanks in advance to all especially this FORUM ...which helps every one..

my lawyer told me that the new picture is not the old one from the side, but from the front, you have to retake one IF you want to bring pictures.

larry2003 said:
Atif1972

1. who is officer?
2. tell us more in details, your receipt data and asked documents
3. did they ask for the Medical exam results , I-693? it was included in our I-485 appliction packages two years ago, will they askl a new one? thanks.

My Officer was Officer C. He was a nice quiet African American gentleman.
RD at Nebraska Service center was in October 2001. My FBI name check was cleared in December of 2003. TD to local office, August 18, 2004. Interview date was Dec. 16 2004.

No, They did not ask for Medical for any of us. But I took copies of my old medical.
They had asked me for these docs:
1. Last 3 years W-2 and tax returns
2. Employment letter
3. Merriage Certificate
4. Birth Certificate
5. I-134
6. Passports with I-94
7. Recent paystubs
8. Proof of joint residence with spouce (like lease doc, bank statements photos)
They only asked for these docs but I took all the docs that I had just in case they ask for any of them. The officer only asked for W-2 and federal return copies of last 3 years, employment letter and copies of last few paystubs.
Since my son is born in States, the Officer asked us about his place of birth and then also asked for a copy of his birth certificate. All other questions were general. He asked me if I was working for the same employer that petitioned for me. I said no. Then he asked why I changed jobs? I told him that the company I used to work for was shutting down the department that I was in so thats why I switched jobs. He asked me what do I do at my new job and what do I used to do at my old job. I gave him a brief description and told him job at both companies is same.
Then he asked us to go and wait in waiting area while he asks for security check. He filled out a form to order security check. We waited for about 75 - 90 minutes. He conducted 2 more interviews in the meanwhile. Finally the officer came and asked us to come to his office again. He asked us for passports and I-94 and all of my emplyment cards. He then filled some forms. and finally stamped our passports. He kept all my EAD cards and took our I-94s and said congratulations, you are all set and that we should get our cards in the mail in a few weeks time to maybe one year!
4 years after starting the process, it finally ended yesterday. This forum has been great help.

>>>>WELLWISHER>>>>> You don't need to take photosgraphs with you for passport stamping if you submitted the photos when you filed your I-485. When you went for interview, did you see the officer take photos 2 from your file and stample them in 2 separate places? But just to feel better and to be on safe side, you may wanna take the photos with you. If they ask for it, you have it with them. If they don't ask for them, so be it!

Good luck everyone.

thank you for sharing your details, I will say that you are very lucky, cause there are people in this forum whose transfer date goes way beyond yours. My case was transfered on august the 5th.I hope that all of us will get the letter in January. Enjoy the freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Atif1972 and thanks for your reply....

Hello Adnamj - Are you there?

Can I use your info pass for PP stamping for all of us if you are not going to use it.? If yes, then what is procedure? how can I do it? and is it possible that this can be used.

Thanks

hey wellwisher,

email me here muxdani@hotmail.com with ur fax number i can fax u info pass , u can go late nihgt and cancle info pass, once u cancel mine there should be one avaiable right after that , remmeber i made to TALK TO IMMIGRATION OFFICER , not for the stamp , this should serve ur purpose of stamping the passport.
good luck , i wuld be more than happy to help u i also talke dto my freind , who also made info pass for 22nd dec, same time , coz we were double minded to go on the 10th , so now u have two info pass but there is a problem u cant make info pass using same ISP , (internet service provider i e AOL < MSN etc) u have to use two differnt or u can try cancling one tonight and mek for uself and cancle other tomorro and make under your wife name . thats all i can do for u . i m glad at least u got clearer ,,,,,,,see i told u , u would be fine , have fun man , enjoy ur freedom

email me back on hotmail account so i can send u details , info pass timings are 9.40am , u should be out in 10 minutes and save rest of the day

good luck

Hello Adnamj,

(I have sent you an email on the same email id with my email id)

Thanks a lot for offering your and your freind's info pass for stamping my PP. Can you write down please all the steps right from start to end. How, while cancelling your info and switching it to my name I loose it instead of getting. Need one suggestion .. Do I have to take 4 appointments for all members like wife and 2 kids... Is it not possible to go there will all on one pass. ? This is also possible that taking 2-3 appointments for everyone can get 2-3 different dates.

Note : I was trying few minutes back and I could get to that screen where it ask for appointment detail like name,age,email,etc. then it ask to press CONTINUE...and the moment I press continue then again I got the same bloody message that this time no apppointment are avaiable in the area.? Do they inform you in email later or? How it works?

Thanks again for everything

Received interview letters Surprsingly for me and my wife

Hi All my friends,

I have a good news to share with you all. Today i.e. 12/17/2004 Friday Me and my wife received the interview letters for Adjustment of Status. They scheduled the interview on January 4th 2005 at 10:45 am for me and 11:15 for my wife. They said that interview is with Officer "G" (District Adjudications Officer)

What senator George Allen's office guys received from local BCIS office in November became true. They faxed a letter to George Allen's office that they will schedule the interview in the month of december or early january 2005.

I could not believe to see the letters in my hands when i never expected that to happen soon. I am really happy and very excited about it.

BCIS scheduled interview on the same date for both of us for me at 10:45am and for my wife at 11:15am.

Now coming to the difficult situation. That is my wife went to my home country i.e. india right now and will be back on 9th of January 2005.

Unfortunately she will not be able to make up for the interview date what BCIS has given. In the interview package they sent they mentioned that i need to write a letter in writing if she cannot make up the interview.

What's you guys opinion on that? Shall i go ahead with the interview and let me my wife do it later? I am the main applicant of the Green Card application.

Do i need to take the help our immigration lawyer for this? The immigration who is taking care of our cases is Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna.

Coming to list of documents they asked to us to bring for interview

The Interview, Passport, I-94
Medical Examination Results Form I-693, Appear even if not completed
Federal Income Tax returns for the previous three years with W-2's
A current letter of employment for you and/or your spouse showing rate of pay and hours per week
Certified Copy of the Court Dispositions of all arrests, if applicable
Your spouse and evidence of a common residence and shared life (include photos)
Any work authorization documents that Citizenship and Immigration Services (or legacy INS) issued to you and any accompanying family members
Original Birth Certificate for you and any accompanying family members
Principal Applicant only A current letter of employment from your employer that states: (1) the title of the position that you occupy (2) the date that your employment began (3) your current salary (4) and the name of a person to contact who can verify your employment. The letter must be typed on your employer's letterhead, and an official of the company must sign it.
Principal Applicant OnlyCompleted Form I-134 for each accompany family member if any. Please attach a copy of your employer's letter to each Form I-134

Regarding Interview Clarification

A current letter of employment for you and/or your spouse showing rate of pay and hours per week
Any work authorization documents that Citizenship and Immigration Services (or legacy INS) issued to you and any accompanying family members
Principal Applicant only A current letter of employment from your employer that states: (1) the title of the position that you occupy (2) the date that your employment began (3) your current salary (4) and the name of a person to contact who can verify your employment. The letter must be typed on your employer's letterhead, and an official of the company Principal Applicant Onlymust sign it.
Completed Form I-134 for each accompany family member if any. Please attach a copy of your employer's letter to each Form I-134

We submitted the medical records during the time of filing 485 in December 2002. Do i need to get the medicals done again? Its very short notice how can i get all those done if its mandatory? What's experience on this guys?

Regarding the last one about I-134 what is this about?

What other documentation do i need to take?

I want to take possible documentation possible. They asked to bring one original and copy also. Do they take the copy file and give us back the Original file.

Also i request the status of my FBI name check about 2 months before. No response from FBI office. I am scared whether my name check thing is done or not? I have seen cases recently in which the stamping is not during the time of interview because of the delay in FBI name check stuff. Is there any thing i can do to clear this process?

Also they have asked me to do the Finger Prints also. Where do i need to do the finger prints. They gave me a separate sheet for directions to do the finger prints office in Alexandria, VA. I heard that they will take finger prints in the local office rather than going to different office?

Wonderful boy,

First congratulations on your upcoming interview.

My I-485 is pending since last June, and since my FPs are rejected by FBI twice, I don't know what is going to happen to my case. It seems you have some success in contacting senator and congressman, could you please advice me how to contact them to get the status of my case?

Thanks,

wonderfulboy said:

Principal Applicant only A current letter of employment from your employer that states: (1) the title of the position that you occupy (2) the date that your employment began (3) your current salary (4) and the name of a person to contact who can verify your employment. The letter must be typed on your employer's letterhead, and an official of the company Principal Applicant Onlymust sign it.
Completed Form I-134 for each accompany family member if any. Please attach a copy of your employer's letter to each Form I-134

We submitted the medical records during the time of filing 485 in December 2002. Do i need to get the medicals done again? Its very short notice how can i get all those done if its mandatory? What's experience on this guys?

Regarding the last one about I-134 what is this about?

What other documentation do i need to take?

I want to take possible documentation possible. They asked to bring one original and copy also. Do they take the copy file and give us back the Original file.

Also i request the status of my FBI name check about 2 months before. No response from FBI office. I am scared whether my name check thing is done or not? I have seen cases recently in which the stamping is not during the time of interview because of the delay in FBI name check stuff. Is there any thing i can do to clear this process?

Also they have asked me to do the Finger Prints also. Where do i need to do the finger prints. They gave me a separate sheet for directions to do the finger prints office in Alexandria, VA. I heard that they will take finger prints in the local office rather than going to different office?

Wondefulboy,
Thats great news. Interview letter in just 4 months of transfer. You lucky man. So contacting congressmen's office has brought some hope. Although fr me, George allen's office never got back inspite of me following it up with them couple number of times. Keep us updated on your interview.

Stop worrying abt FBI name check. as we saw, wellwisher2002 also went thru it and got his approval letter in couple of weeks. Now just set your mind in preparing for the interview. Abt re-scheduling interview for your wife, I would consult the lawyer.

All the best.

got interview letter

I also got the interview letter yesterday, and is scheduled to interview on January 4th at 8:45am with officer H. My case was transferred to the local office on August 4th. It seems that they are working now.

Wonderfulboy, I have the similar questions as you have. Especially ifor the fingerprint. The notice said "your interview and fingerprinting appointments are set and the notices are attached". But the attached fingerprinting notice does not say anything about the date or time. How about yours? ANd it says the FD258 status is new. I don't know what's that mean. I did my second fingerprinting during AUgust 2004. It's most recent, why sis they ask for another one? What should we do about this?

For the medical exam, I know it expires after 12 months, since mine is two and half years old, so I scheduled with a doctor to do the exam again, just in case.

You also mentioned that your wife got the interview notice too, and with different time. My husband did not. But the notice for me says I should bring my spouse and evidence of a common residence and shared life.

congrat... wonderful and peaceinspirit, and welwiser2002

wonderfulboy>>>>> not trying to be nosey, but wht is more important than interview , rescheduling interview means sending ur file in a black hole. ZKHAN is one example to u. if i were u , i would make every effort , As letter say , please make every effort to attend interview , dont waste ur money after lawyers and renewing AP and EAD , do u really wanna go to imigration office again in ur life after this interview ? , and there is great chance if u reschedual , wait could be over years , and then dont bother to negg congressmen or senator , , have my freeeeee advise , both should go for interview ,

peaceinspirit >>>> u are in peace now :) good luck in interview , yes usually they send only one interview letter for u and ur spouse,

welwisher2002>>> u are quiet welcome , ur passport is importnat than my inquiry , have fun

seems like they are sending interview letter right left , keep finger cross , and pay them a visit , and may be they surprise u .

Last edited by a moderator:
PeaceInSpirit said:
I also got the interview letter yesterday, and is scheduled to interview on January 4th at 8:45am with officer H. My case was transferred to the local office on August 4th. It seems that they are working now.

Wonderfulboy, I have the similar questions as you have. Especially ifor the fingerprint. The notice said "your interview and fingerprinting appointments are set and the notices are attached". But the attached fingerprinting notice does not say anything about the date or time. How about yours? ANd it says the FD258 status is new. I don't know what's that mean. I did my second fingerprinting during AUgust 2004. It's most recent, why sis they ask for another one? What should we do about this?

For the medical exam, I know it expires after 12 months, since mine is two and half years old, so I scheduled with a doctor to do the exam again, just in case.

You also mentioned that your wife got the interview notice too, and with different time. My husband did not. But the notice for me says I should bring my spouse and evidence of a common residence and shared life.

If you don't mind, can you post details abt your case. For e.g

Employment Category?
I485 Receipt Date?
I-485 Transfer Date?

WonderfulBoy,
What is your Employment Category? I am just guessing if they are scheduling based on Employment Category. My case has been transferred on April 2,2004 and haven't heard anything as yet.

I will appreciate all the information posted by both of you.

PeaceinSpirit,

My interview letter said that exactly the same as you. What are u doing with the finger prints.

But the attached fingerprinting notice does not say anything about the date or time. How about yours? ANd it says the FD258 status is new. This is exactly the same for me too. We gave our finger prints in July 2004.

i am going to immediately contact INS suggested doctors them tomorrow itself. Do you think they can give us the report before 4th?

But the notice for me says I should bring my spouse and evidence of a common residence and shared life.
I also have the same. But i contacted rajiv s. khanna my attorney on this issue. He said me to go alone for the interview. We need to take some proof to say that we both are living together through some documentation.

I think PeaceinSpirit we both should be in constant through this postings what documents we are taking for interview etc. Communicate what all u are taking, what all doubts u have etc.

It will be useful for all other people also.

Response to PeaceinSpirit regarding interview clarifications

PeaceInSpirit said:

HiBlayoff, My case is EB2 NIW. RD, 9/23/2002, TD, 8/4/2004.

Wonderfulboy, I think we should go to the office to ask them about the finger printing. Do you have an infopass before 4th? I don't have one and it's not possible to apply one now. So, we should go to the office directly and show them the interview letter and ask the question. For the medical exam, the doctor said he can give me the result the next day. It depends on if you need to take any shots. My previous report shows I need not take any shots, so he can give me the result the other day.

What did your lawyer say about the finger printing?