Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Thank you!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post the details of your interview, hopefully you'll get your approval letter soon, and we can ALL get our interview letters very soon, Good luck and enyoy your hard earned freddom :)

Wellwisher, you may have repeated this a while back but can you please repeat the specifics of your case. viz RD/ND.. TD to local office etc.?
Thanks & Best wishes.

goastros - RD – 04/06/02 , ND – 04/19/02, FP1,FP2,EAD1,EAD2,iEAD3, TD –

03/10/04 ID – 12/07/04. AD - ?

Adnamj - You and your friend had appointments thru Infopass for 12/10/04. Did you guys made it? Did you have a chance to enquire about the Sequrity Server ...is up or still?

Thanks

for welwisher2002!

hey there , yea my freind and me went there on friday dec the 10th , we had info pass for 11.am , we got there 11.00 and were given tickets , there were only 3 windows working and they didnt seem to serve anyone , after two hoursof wait we tried to leave and wanted to talk to the officer at gate , and handed over him the tickets and told him , we couldnt wait anymore and if he could help us coz the reaosn were so simple , (mine was to check status of bakground check and his was to change address), that would be wonderful. he sent us to one of the windows wehre a dirty blonde young officer was was playing game on computer , he checked my status as background still PENDING. and my friend whos who applied for i485 in 2001. and was transferred in oct, 2003 . he was told :your file is inactive since ur fingerprints were expired last summer and made him a new appointment and promised him that once he does the FP it should be on the move but still will take a while to get interview , this was so frustating, he was so burnt out after 3 hours of wait and knowing it was all inactive.

my name check were sent on the 21st oct. according to the screen he was seeing on. and my interview was conducted on 25th . i m little calm now , that there is no way FBI will send them result any sooner than 120. which is 4 months , now i have stopped checking the mails and know this is INS fault who were sending my background check after 3 years of filing the i 485.

only one thing was productive out of this whole hassle ,, that i had chance to speak to my interview officer , this time i took my interview letter fr october , as a proof that i was interviewd , so i went upstair wehere they were conducting interviews , it was around 3 pm , no one was there neither the receptionist , then i saw one afican american lady who needed help in walking , (big) i gave her the interview and told her that i m applying downstair for AP which i had , if she would check the status of background check i wuould be saving money on AP and rather have the stamp , here she goes inside , and askes me to wait in the waiting , amazingly in teh meanwhile my interview officer ms LOGAN , she is walking in , and gave me a smile , asn asked me in typical black accent , wht u doing here ,......... i said i was looking for u and handed over her the passport and ead , and we had little chit chat , as i asked about here vacations and coming holidays , it was pleasant , then she went inside the offices and came back in 3 minutes and gave me back EAD and passport and told me that its IP , i said whts IP , its pending , she said i know its frustating, but she said there is nuthign she could do to expedite , but sometimes results are back and that she assured me me she sould keep checking on them time by time , she said there were three ppl already got cleard after i sent urs , and said , it might be ur name which is taking so long . then i said can i have ur ph number , and laughed and said nooooooooooo. i said allright , and she was goging downstair in elevator , we both came down and showd me the exit , i said i met some freinds here who are waiting in room 102. she said fine
i took the evelator again and waited for hte other lady who was checkign my stauts , she didnt come , but a white younf guiy called my name and handed me the interview letter and said its still pending , same question , how long it can take , NO idea , etc

so this is my expericnce , their server is back again , coz there was no way 3 differnt ppl pullled up my file on main frame and told me same thing , usinf same word IP , its pending , so here u go welwisher , there is nuthign wrong withe their servrer , i would highly suggest u go and inquire abt ur interview
status. if i could go i think anyone could go , i hate to see their faces , but still that was the only choice i had .

good luck to all , and heyyyyyyyyyyyy ppl who are waiting for the interview and its been over 9 months from there last finger prints , please pay a visit to local office , it expires in 12 months , but there is possibilty u wondt be getting info pass for a month of so , so do somethign , and dont just let it happen naturally , these ppl are way behind then any other govt dept.

i was actually abt to cxl this appointment and not go , but i did , in the meantime i had made another infopass for 22 , if someone needs infopass i can give u my pin and confirmaion number , u can cxl mine and within seconds make into ur own name , its for 22nd of this month.

good luck all ,

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought fingerprint is valid for 15 months...did they changed again?

My online message says:
'On November 00, 2003, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.'

Is that mean mine is expired, and I have to find my way to do 3rd one through info pass?
FYI-mine got transferred 10/2003

Thanks in advance.

Thanks adnamj for ..... Can I go there using your info pass? What will happen if they came to know about this.... Should I go there to enquire about my interview or..?

adnamj said:
hey there , yea my freind and me went there on friday dec the 10th , we had info pass for 11.am , we got there 11.00 and were given tickets , there were only 3 windows working and they didnt seem to serve anyone , after two hoursof wait we tried to leave and wanted to talk to the officer at gate , and handed over him the tickets and told him , we couldnt wait anymore and if he could help us coz the reaosn were so simple , (mine was to check status of bakground check and his was to change address), that would be wonderful. he sent us to one of the windows wehre a dirty blonde young officer was was playing game on computer , he checked my status as background still PENDING. and my friend whos who applied for i485 in 2001. and was transferred in oct, 2003 . he was told :your file is inactive since ur fingerprints were expired last summer and made him a new appointment and promised him that once he does the FP it should be on the move but still will take a while to get interview , this was so frustating, he was so burnt out after 3 hours of wait and knowing it was all inactive.

adnamj,

Aren't these guys suppose to send us a fingerprinting notice because the fingerprints have or are going to expire. If they don't send us then our case just sits on the shelf without anyone looking at it. Kinda catch22..
I did my fingerprinting in Jan 2004 and its been over 8 months that my interview is pending. Does this mean that I have to take an infopass appt and ask them to schedule fingerprinting?

What kind of system they run? BS

Thanks for sharing your exp.

Did you find anything about the interview schedules, are they planning to speed-up in new year.
Thanks

adnamj said:

my name check were sent on the 21st oct. according to the screen he was seeing on. and my interview was conducted on 25th . i m little calm now , that there is no way FBI will send them result any sooner than 120. which is 4 months , now i have stopped checking the mails and know this is INS fault who were sending my background check after 3 years of filing the i 485.

only one thing was productive out of this whole hassle ,, that i had chance to speak to my interview officer , this time i took my interview letter fr october , as a proof that i was interviewd , so i went upstair wehere they were conducting interviews , it was around 3 pm , no one was there neither the receptionist , then i saw one afican american lady who needed help in walking , (big) i gave her the interview and told her that i m applying downstair for AP which i had , if she would check the status of background check i wuould be saving money on AP and rather have the stamp , here she goes inside , and askes me to wait in the waiting , amazingly in teh meanwhile my interview officer ms LOGAN , she is walking in , and gave me a smile , asn asked me in typical black accent , wht u doing here ,......... i said i was looking for u and handed over her the passport and ead , and we had little chit chat , as i asked about here vacations and coming holidays , it was pleasant , then she went inside the offices and came back in 3 minutes and gave me back EAD and passport and told me that its IP , i said whts IP , its pending , she said i know its frustating, but she said there is nuthign she could do to expedite , but sometimes results are back and that she assured me me she sould keep checking on them time by time , she said there were three ppl already got cleard after i sent urs , and said , it might be ur name which is taking so long . then i said can i have ur ph number , and laughed and said nooooooooooo. i said allright , and she was goging downstair in elevator , we both came down and showd me the exit , i said i met some freinds here who are waiting in room 102. she said fine
i took the evelator again and waited for hte other lady who was checkign my stauts , she didnt come , but a white younf guiy called my name and handed me the interview letter and said its still pending , same question , how long it can take , NO idea , etc

so this is my expericnce , their server is back again , coz there was no way 3 differnt ppl pullled up my file on main frame and told me same thing , usinf same word IP , its pending , so here u go welwisher , there is nuthign wrong withe their servrer , i would highly suggest u go and inquire abt ur interview
status. if i could go i think anyone could go , i hate to see their faces , but still that was the only choice i had .

good luck to all , and heyyyyyyyyyyyy ppl who are waiting for the interview and its been over 9 months from there last finger prints , please pay a visit to local office , it expires in 12 months , but there is possibilty u wondt be getting info pass for a month of so , so do somethign , and dont just let it happen naturally , these ppl are way behind then any other govt dept.

i was actually abt to cxl this appointment and not go , but i did , in the meantime i had made another infopass for 22 , if someone needs infopass i can give u my pin and confirmaion number , u can cxl mine and within seconds make into ur own name , its for 22nd of this month.

good luck all ,

save_intvu >>>> seems like they are in the process of settling down , secondly let new year come and see their strenght , coz i seen few ppl are working , many are heading to vacations , dont exactly know wht happens next

welwisher2002>>> i will give u infopass confirmation and also the pin to cxl it , u can try cxl and make a new one with in seconds with ur new name or simply take mine and tell them , your freind made it for u , dont know thy will accept it or not , not sure

FINGER PRINTS >>>> my freind filed 485 in NOV 2001 when i filed my i 40 , he was called only once for fingerpronts , in june 2002 , and trasferred to local office in oct 2003 , now here is the glitch , as i was finger printed just a month a go in feb 2004 for the second time , he wasnt , finger prints stay good for 12 months , this is wht customer service told him also , not 15 months , my advise to all of u who are reaching their expiration , make info pass and bugggg them , and there is a chance they will help u , my freind went there in nov 22 2004 , and officer who checked his status didnt even check in the system and turned him away by saying he should get his interview in dec , here come dec , he was told his FP are expired , he asked them whos fault is this ? they guy said he dont know wht happened , may be they were in the proces of moving for a long time and all messed up , but he made him sure once he do his FP he will be hearing something after a while.

good luck

Thanks adnamj ... I am thinking that I should wait till this coming Monday otherwise I will ask you for .... Thank you very much for offering your info pass info....

I made an appointment through infopass on Dec. 29th.
I'm going to ask for my fingerprint and about my case...
I'll let you all know how it will go...of course I'm going with LOW expectation, but my attorney suggested me to do so in case my file might be stuck in their storage...which really happened to one of her clients, she claims.
Lookes like their whole file cabinet is storage room....

:confused:

cmyk55 said:
I made an appointment through infopass on Dec. 29th.
I'm going to ask for my fingerprint and about my case...
I'll let you all know how it will go...of course I'm going with LOW expectation, but my attorney suggested me to do so in case my file might be stuck in their storage...which really happened to one of her clients, she claims.
Lookes like their whole file cabinet is storage room....

:confused:

Same here. Just took an appointment for Dec 29th. Will query abt the case. Any idea on how much time does it take to talk to an officer head out of that office?

Very Disappointed With Name Check Delay!

this is what i got .............huh
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

I am responding to your letter received November 6, 2004, requesting status for
an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from
the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for xxxx
xxxx xxxx was received on October 21, 2004 and is currently in a pending
status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early
2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing
to the FBI. Although 99.5% of these cases have been completed, our efforts to
wrap up the remaining requests continue. This has delayed processing of other
requests.

Mr. Sheikh, please be assured that the Immigration Authorities will be notified
at the earliest possible date upon completion of this case. I am sorry we are
unable to be of more assistance at this time.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy, Chief,
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know how long will take them to actually clear the name , i emailed them on 29th oct, 2004, faxed on 30th oct, send them FED exp , recieved 6th NOV, 2004.................. these people have tme to reponse me by emailing , why couldnt they just check for the record , i am sure i woulnt take any longer than reponsing to inguiries , knowingly they actully go the inquiry from USCIC abt name check makes me little comfoy i have seen ppl whos name check were not sent or if sent wrong name were sent . this letter clearly say my full name , i would suggest all of u send porioty mails and check if INS have actually asked for u name to be claeard.
just a suggesstion ........im no expert

Contact your congressman once a month about this matter and when he gets tired of you then contact your senator. This is the only thing you can do right now. I know it is frustrating but it is better than waiting for the interview letter.
Good Luck

Case got transferred wrong district office

Hi guys here is my situation
Vermont service center transferred our 485 cases to the Atlanta district office on September 27,2004 for interview scheduling but we are living in Washington DC office .My attorney has tried to contract the Washington D.C office and Atlanta office via letters and faxes to get the files to Washington D.C but to date we have not received any response.

I also scheduled an INFOPASS appointment to speak to someone at the Washington Office regarding my case on Nov 16.I was told my file is still in Atlanta and that it would be requested from that office .However, the files of my wife and daughter were not requested because they were not present that day. I got another appointment on 12/23 for my wife and daughter to request file transfer. I don’t know what to do

I have a question since our first finger print was expired can we request second finger print when we go next appointment?

RD:06/24/2002
ND:06/26/2002
FP1:08/30/2002
TR:09/27/2004 to Atlanta
FP2:?????
AD:?????

To wellwisher2002, Medical exam result, I-693

To wellwisher2002 ,

Did they ask for the medical exam results I-693? Thanks a lot.

Can you choose Infopass apptment date ?
I basically want to take the Infopass appt for Jan 7th or Jan 10th for the DC office.
Can anyone please post the new address of the DC local office?
Thanks.

goastros said:
Can you choose Infopass apptment date ?
I basically want to take the Infopass appt for Jan 7th or Jan 10th for the DC office.
Can anyone please post the new address of the DC local office?
Thanks.

I doubt whether you can choose a date. When I wanted an info pass appt it just showed me Jan 29th and the time slots. It never shows the calendar. Check it out

Address of new office:

USCIS
Washington District Office
2675 Prosperity Avenue
Fairfax, VA 22031

More details USCIS DC office

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks H1Blayoff, i tried the InfoPass appt for DC field office.

I tried chosing both -
You have a question about your case. AND
You wish to speak to an immigration officer.
For both I got the following -
At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

This is such a $%$#.
People who are successful in getting Infopass - how do you do it ?

H1Blayoff said:
I doubt whether you can choose a date. When I wanted an info pass appt it just showed me Jan 29th and the time slots. It never shows the calendar. Check it out

Address of new office:

USCIS
Washington District Office
2675 Prosperity Avenue
Fairfax, VA 22031

More details USCIS DC office

Hi friends,

What's up after wellwisher2002 i don't see any one else got any interview letter or have done any interview. From last two interviews i saw people got delayed in getting stamping done because FBI checks?

I am still waiting for my interview letter too though the Local office guys said to the senator geore allen's office that i will be schedule for an interview any time between december or early january 2005. Based on current performance by the local office i am confident whether they will schedule the interview for us even in january 2005 also because there are lot of other people whose cases got transferred before mine.

Mine is transferred on September 23rd 2004.

Keep the fingers cross.