Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Wellwisher2002 I wanted to wish you good luck at your interview. We look forward to reading the details of your successful interview.

EAD renewed

I went to the local office to check the status of my EAD renew status this morning. The officer I italked to approved my case right away and asked me to go back to get the card next Wednesday. So, for those of you who has your EAD renew case pending there, go to check the status.

Thanks PeaceInSpirit

I took app. for next week for EAD renewal.
Did they gave you renewed EAD or intrim EAD.
What are they documents you need to present.
and how was your exp. at counter in new office.

Thanks again for sharing your exp.

PeaceInSpirit said:
I went to the local office to check the status of my EAD renew status this morning. The officer I italked to approved my case right away and asked me to go back to get the card next Wednesday. So, for those of you who has your EAD renew case pending there, go to check the status.

Hi Guys,

As I promised that I will post everything after the Interview held today at new 2675 Prosperity Ave.

I had my interview done today and everything went well. Surprisingly, the IIO didn't ask anything/any docs except W2s, Tax return and current employer’s letter. Finally said, my Security Checks are back / done but unfortunately their security check server was not up yet after the move. If it would have been up by today then she would have definitely stamped immediately. She said that it’s just a couple of minutes job (if all the checks are ok) only but without checking it she can’t stamp it. So the final is ...as soon as the security check server is back up and she has access to it then she will send us an approval letter and then we have to take an appointment using Info PASS for PP stamping.

I am really disappointed. I don't know what will happen now and how much time she will take to complete it

Questions:

1. Does any body have any ideas about the security server…how long it can take?
2. If any body come to know anything about this, please post it immediately.

I would love to reply if any body has any questions regarding my interview.

Thanks a lot to all for encouraging me throughout the long journey and wish you all the best.

RD – 04/06/04 , ND – 04/19/04, FP1,FP2,EAD1,EAD2,iEAD3, TD – 03/10/04
ID – 12/07/04. AD - ? (back to square)

Thanks

hey welwisher2002

thanks for sharing the expericnce , you shouldnt complaint too much , cheer up and party, as she said letter will be mailed to and take info pass and get it stamp. reason i m saying coz , at least its not FBI etc crap , its simple name check in their own data if u ever had been picked up on the border or have any other asylum related isssues ,
just dont think too much , i know its v shocking right this moment , but beelive me my freind she was so true , that check onlytakes 40 seconds on their data check, and YES it does make sense her server was down , coz they moved to new place , and i m sure she didnt just made up .

just dont think too much , btw did u talk to nayone else who was interviewd today , according to her lam axcuse , everyone should be turnd away owing to server not backed up.

i know , no matter wht we say now , its just a matter of time , and wait , at least she didnt make anyother fuss .

hope to hear soon from u abt the progress of ur stamping . good luck

Thanks adnamj-

Yes, you are right. but still as you know about these guys...untill unless you get everything in your hand...no surity.

I didn't find anyone over there who came for the same...Her PC was on but she did not have access to the security server ... Now the question is ..how fast their server will be up and after that how fast she attends back to our files...probably she will continue on the currrent ones rather than backlogs / pending files. Could be time consuming...?

Lets hope for the best....May be any of us who is visiting INS office (for any reasons) can enquire about the same (The Security Server).

Thanks again for everything and prompt reply as usual.

EAD renew

It's EAD, not interim EAD. You should bring your receipt if you have any, and the copy of your check that was cashed out by them. ANd any ID that proves that you are VA resident, and previous EADs you have.

no problem welwisher2002

sure , i made my info pass for dec, 10th and also for my friend at the same time, but using two differnt ISP , i dont have any plans to go, but i will ask him if he could inquire , i just hate to go there and deal with low profile mangement, but as u said SHE might put ur file on the back and start doing current interviews or whtever , she better not do that , this is excptional case , since her server was down , she might make another que of ppl who need to be cleard , and i am sure u will get it soon.

have fun ,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again adnamj....yes, I would really appreciate if your friend can enquire about this ..so that accordingly I will start persuing ...this time I am not going to take it easy.....talk to you tomorrow. I have to go somewhere..

wellwisher2002 said:
Hi Guys,

As I promised that I will post everything after the Interview held today at new 2675 Prosperity Ave.

I had my interview done today and everything went well. Surprisingly, the IIO didn't ask anything/any docs except W2s, Tax return and current employer’s letter. Finally said, my Security Checks are back / done but unfortunately their security check server was not up yet after the move. If it would have been up by today then she would have definitely stamped immediately. She said that it’s just a couple of minutes job (if all the checks are ok) only but without checking it she can’t stamp it. So the final is ...as soon as the security check server is back up and she has access to it then she will send us an approval letter and then we have to take an appointment using Info PASS for PP stamping.

I am really disappointed. I don't know what will happen now and how much time she will take to complete it

Questions:

1. Does any body have any ideas about the security server…how long it can take?
2. If any body come to know anything about this, please post it immediately.

I would love to reply if any body has any questions regarding my interview.

Thanks a lot to all for encouraging me throughout the long journey and wish you all the best.

RD – 04/06/04 , ND – 04/19/04, FP1,FP2,EAD1,EAD2,iEAD3, TD – 03/10/04
ID – 12/07/04. AD - ? (back to square)

Thanks

You are almost done and I think you can start to plan your vacation. Dont worry about this server thing it will work out fine. Ask you lawyer to contact the officer next week. If I were in your place I would put my bed right next to the mail box.

If you could please tell about the officer who interviewed you. Was it officer "A" "B" or "C". Anything you can tell us about the officer and the new office would be a big help.

About the security check server...

If the server was down, how then she said that your name check was back done ;)
Welcome to the bullshiting world of INS.

wellwisher2002 said:
Thanks again adnamj....yes, I would really appreciate if your friend can enquire about this ..so that accordingly I will start persuing ...this time I am not going to take it easy.....talk to you tomorrow. I have to go somewhere..

Wellwisher2002,
Just relax yourself. You're atleast out of the interview queue. Look at us and you'll be happy. Very soon you'll see the approval letter in the mail. Start enjoying your freedom from now.

Happy Holidays

Any updates on interviews..

It looks like they are not scheduling interviews for Dec'04 from new office.
Do you know anybody that they had received interview letter for Jan'05?..
Thanks...

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all for everything. This new office is very good. Well organized. No traffic, Parking problems. It was an officer "A". White young nice lady. We were very relaxed and easy during interview. She took FP of right hand first Finger for all. Everything was finished within 40 minutes. She came out exactly at the interview time. Looks like it was just a formality. Collecting papers only and wanted to see that you are in job and not going to claim an un-employment allowance from the govt immediately. I asked her that we are already very late(she said yah..I know that)...why our cases were transferred.(She said..have no idea. Don’t know why they do it.. I never found any problem with any transferred case...they do it randomly...no criteria...all luck).
She was telling me that before x-mas we all should not expect great from them as they are settling down at new place and then also holidays are coming. People could go on leave etc.

I thing I have covered everything here. I can just wish for all to get an Interview letter quickly and get rid off this place ASAP. I will keep posting all my updates...

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
For : If the server was down, how then she said that your name check was back done Welcome to the bullshiting world of INS.

Answer: I saw that Name check / FBI documents in our files. She was having hard copies. Also before going there I got an email 4-5 months back from FBI for our name checks..which were already sent by them to INS a year back.

I think it clears everything...this is what you guys want to know from me?

employment letter

Congratulations! At least, we see some move; my rd is also in April 2002 and hopefully to get interview letters in Jan 2005. One question about employment letter, is it the same to the offer letter? Can I use the offer letter? Thanks.

There are two things: They ask for :
1. Offer letter from the current employer
2. A letter from an employer stating that joing date, designation, job desc, salary, hours per week etc. also emergency contact like HR etc. In our case she matched this letter with our Labor/ I-140 letter ....especially Job Description ..

Thanks

I was in school when I applied for I-140 & I-485

My case is the national interest waiver and was in school when I applied for I-140 and I-485. Now, I have a job, there is no job match. However, my current job is in the same field when I applied for I-140 and I-485. Thanks.