Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

H1BLayoff,

The contact information for Senator John Warner's office is
804-739-0247. Ask for Mrs. Peterson who handles the immigration related issues.

Coming to moving the arlington office. If you look at my previous messages i clearly mentioned that they are moving from arlington office. The move is not completely done yet. They are targeting to complete it by december. They are moving close to Dunn Loring Metro it seems. That's what the senator George Allen's office people told me couple of weeks before.

Its been 7 months for you after the case is transferred. You should definitely contact the senator to find out the status of the case. Also take an infopass appointment with local office and clarify about your case.

485 Details

These are my details.....

Substitute Labor
I140 Applied : May 2002
485 Applied : Sep 2002
1st FP : Nov 2002
1st EAD : Dec 2002
I140 : Jun 2003
2nd FP : May 2004
2nd EAD : Jan 2004
RFE : Aug/Sep 2004
Transfered : Oct 21st, 2004 - Washington DC

Hi me_too_waiting,

Welcome to tge group buddy. Can you provide the details what category do you fall in? AC21 or Future Employment? Are you in EB2/EB3 category?

Can you provide us the details about the RFE your received and responded back?

By looking at the history of messages going on in this thread its very clear that it will take atleast 4 months - 1year for local office to schedule the interview. Its a very big pain after paining for about 2 + years in service center.

No tracking, no customer service help nothing in local office.

RFE Details

Wonderfulboy,

I am in EB3 Category, I work for the same company who have applied for my GC

RFE received for me, wife and daughter (only passport copy, since it was expiring).

1. Employment Letter
2. Tax Return Copies
3. Medical : [Strange...] : For me and my wife,since we were not current for some of the Shots, they said either appropriate shots are necessary or apply for waiver (The doctor earlier had applied for the waiver on the shots, since some of the shots require atleast a 2 year period to be complete, there is no way someone will wait two years). What we did this time is, we took the second shot (out of 3) , the doctor applied for the waiver again this time and posted it .

Wonder whether this triggered the Transfer.

me_too_waiting,

For service centers to transfer the cases i don't think there is any particular pattern or logic. Initially i thought mostly they are transferring cases like AC21, Future employment and some special cases. In cases like you which is straight forward (working with same employer etc) there should not be an issue unless the employer is of very small size, less number of employees, less revenue etc.

This is my understanding.

H1Blayoff said:
gtahilani,

Based on the information you have provided, Arlington office has taken around 13 months to schedule interview. Is yours an EB3 case? Also when did you get the interview letter in mail. Was it sometime this month?

Looks like Arlington office has started interview scheduling process. Hope good news comes down our way soon.

I got the letter just 1 week back. my case is EB3, also interview is at Arlington office, not at the new office(if supposedly they have moved, which I doubt)

Had interview done today!

hi all, as i said i will be back and post all the details of my interview .......... here i am .

interview was dated oct 25th, 04 @ 9.15 am

i was at third floor around 8.50 , droped the letter in 2 minutes i was called , there were 2 r three other interviews , looked like a v slow day, and people were moving stuff , and quite a mess in everywhere.

she took me to the room and asked me to sign a card and finger printed , front of the card and the back , then i followd here to her cabin, where she opend my filed and asked me wheres my lawyer. i said i think i could be fine byself , she said then u have to sing a peper for me that u wanna proceeed without a lawyer , i said fine , i did so and she asked me first question abt my PAY STUB. i took my last 2 years till oct 15th 2004 stubs , then she took a minutes to went through , and then epmloyment letter, and tax returns for the last 3 years .

asked me my moms first name , and my recent address , and then if i had or am a memeber of any organization , or i hve ever been arrested ....etc so answer NO NO NO.

she took another 5 minutes to catch mistakes in my file , then asked me afidavit support letter , i SAID WHAT? i never heard such a thing never u aksed me to bring it , she ia m sorry i thought ,,,,,,,,,,, didnt tell me what she thought.

anyway, she asked me for the medical and oped the letter and read the report , then she asks me my driver lisence and passport , i handed over
she said my interview was just fine , no more interview for now on for me and everythign she has is allright , But she cant stamp my PP coz name check havent been done on my file . she didnt tell me any deadline for the approval letter , but all she said when i get approval letter by mail , go online make aapointment for PP stamping and come anyway to do so.

i am not very happy with this whole picture , but not giving up . can someone advise me wht shoudl do , if wait .......how long it could be ?

then i asked her , i said can i still travel on AP , while u guys check my name , she if it was her she wont travel on AP. so all my plans and day dreaming to spend my winters in my hometown fell like house of cards.

but yea !! at least no more prepration for interview i can chill and wait for approval i knwo i havant done anything wrong . my these MF coulnt clear my name after 3 finger prints and one registration............alas these people are so scared of us.

adnamj said:
hi all, as i said i will be back and post all the details of my interview .......... here i am .

interview was dated oct 25th, 04 @ 9.15 am

i was at third floor around 8.50 , droped the letter in 2 minutes i was called , there were 2 r three other interviews , looked like a v slow day, and people were moving stuff , and quite a mess in everywhere.

she took me to the room and asked me to sign a card and finger printed , front of the card and the back , then i followd here to her cabin, where she opend my filed and asked me wheres my lawyer. i said i think i could be fine byself , she said then u have to sing a peper for me that u wanna proceeed without a lawyer , i said fine , i did so and she asked me first question abt my PAY STUB. i took my last 2 years till oct 15th 2004 stubs , then she took a minutes to went through , and then epmloyment letter, and tax returns for the last 3 years .

asked me my moms first name , and my recent address , and then if i had or am a memeber of any organization , or i hve ever been arrested ....etc so answer NO NO NO.

she took another 5 minutes to catch mistakes in my file , then asked me afidavit support letter , i SAID WHAT? i never heard such a thing never u aksed me to bring it , she ia m sorry i thought ,,,,,,,,,,, didnt tell me what she thought.

anyway, she asked me for the medical and oped the letter and read the report , then she asks me my driver lisence and passport , i handed over
she said my interview was just fine , no more interview for now on for me and everythign she has is allright , But she cant stamp my PP coz name check havent been done on my file . she didnt tell me any deadline for the approval letter , but all she said when i get approval letter by mail , go online make aapointment for PP stamping and come anyway to do so.

i am not very happy with this whole picture , but not giving up . can someone advise me wht shoudl do , if wait .......how long it could be ?

then i asked her , i said can i still travel on AP , while u guys check my name , she if it was her she wont travel on AP. so all my plans and day dreaming to spend my winters in my hometown fell like house of cards.

but yea !! at least no more prepration for interview i can chill and wait for approval i knwo i havant done anything wrong . my these MF coulnt clear my name after 3 finger prints and one registration............alas these people are so scared of us.

Congratulations man you are almost done. You got nothing to worry about, you will get your approval letter soon. You can contact FBI about your name check and they will be able to give some more information. there are some other people who have more information about contacting FBI. You should search for FBI check on this website.

This was officer "C" right?? Please tell me about her? Any info you can give me about her would help me alot. Does she seem like a tough women or easy going??

I look forward to reading your reply.

Congratulations adnamj. Thank you for posting the interview details. I am still confused how Arlington conducts & schedules interviews. They just follow some random theory. Anyways, sorry to hear that you still got to wait for your approval letter but as Zkhan said, you can sit back and relax till your approval arrives. Keep visiting this thread to give us some hope.

All the best to everyone waiting!!

Thanks ZKHAN and H1blayoff!!

thanks for cheering , but i am v dishearted with the whole scene. officer C is evil i m telling u , she made every effort to say NO. and she idd by saying my name checks are not done yet. after 3 finger prints and on registration ....wht else they need . but somehow she could be under pressure as my name matches one of the highjackers of 9/11, but still i think its unfair to me ,
last nihgt before i went to bed i searched threads for name check pending , it seems like 4 months to 15 months time fram they required , this name check has nuthing to do with FBI , when u are in states ur finger prints is FBI , but they have to go throught newly structured secret agencies to get name clearnce for national security. on my question that how long it can take , she said shes goign on vacations starting next week for two weeks , but during this week she will send my name check , and those agencies are not on her order , they can take as much as they want. and sometimes interview officer dont bother to send the inquiry and keep doing other interviews in rutine.....hope this dont happen to me , but it is happeneing.

its my humble request if any of u find out more abt this matter kindly pass on the info , this will help other fellows too. thanks again ,

good luck to all, pray for name check also whn u pray for interview . :)

adnamj,
when I saw your first email after the interview I didn't reply as I didnt want you to fee further disheartened...

But yes Name check is pain and Arlington is famous for it. My sister had to go thru the same last year with Arlington. Her case details are there in this thread under my id .... Her interview was in Nov 2003 and her approval letter came in March 2004 after repeated inquiries thru senators office and lawyer. Finally what worked for her was that Sheela Murthy's office called her and the officer faxed the approval. She got the card 2 weeks later without the passport stamp..

But you are free to travel on AP during the time period....

Swaiting!

hi ,

can i really travel on AP?
plz let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
adnamj said:
thanks for cheering , but i am v dishearted with the whole scene. officer C is evil i m telling u , she made every effort to say NO. and she idd by saying my name checks are not done yet. after 3 finger prints and on registration ....wht else they need . but somehow she could be under pressure as my name matches one of the highjackers of 9/11, but still i think its unfair to me ,
last nihgt before i went to bed i searched threads for name check pending , it seems like 4 months to 15 months time fram they required , this name check has nuthing to do with FBI , when u are in states ur finger prints is FBI , but they have to go throught newly structured secret agencies to get name clearnce for national security. on my question that how long it can take , she said shes goign on vacations starting next week for two weeks , but during this week she will send my name check , and those agencies are not on her order , they can take as much as they want. and sometimes interview officer dont bother to send the inquiry and keep doing other interviews in rutine.....hope this dont happen to me , but it is happeneing.

its my humble request if any of u find out more abt this matter kindly pass on the info , this will help other fellows too. thanks again ,

good luck to all, pray for name check also whn u pray for interview . :)

You are saying that officer "C" is evil. If you could write me about her via email that would be nice because I understand that you dont want to discuss her in public. You have my email address.

for Zkhan!

she was evil to me coz she didnt stamp. its psychological thing , but overall she wasnt lovy dovy or over looking things , was v picky and going through everything and reading through the lines. what i had learnt fr this threads , that u go and she is sucha a wonderful office they ever met ...etc . she asked me many many times my country of birth and everytime she asked looked like she is asking me first time.. asked me if i ever made money out of prostitution......and i was stunned .....and a bit offensive ...y would a guy will do these kind of thigs . things like efidavit which were quite irrelavent to my case , coz i am single .... she didnt leave a v good impression.

i wont say she treats or will treat others like me , may be its my luck only .

SWaiting.......... i asked if its safe to travel on AP , since she said i will get approval letter by mail , and no more interview all i have to bring for stamping is my EAD and passport , nothign else .................. i talked to one of the lawyers i knew , and hes v professional . he says 5 % chances are i will have problem , 95 % ia m clear if i have to travel i can , but i need ur feedback , I REALLY WANNA TRAVEL NOW .... should i or shoulnt I?

thanks alot in advance

adnamj,
My sister did take the trip abroad after the interview (but no stamp due to name check) and used the AP without any problems...

thanks Swaiting!

but u know i was out of status and i am I 245 section case. wht would u advise? interview itself had NO problem other than stupid name checks.

adnamj,

Due to the typo errors in english in your comment above, I am not sure whether you are mad at me or INS :) But if you are a 245 case (which I wasnt aware off before), then it is slighlty risky and I dont have the definitive answer to help you...

goodluck

well, i appreciate ur prompt reply , yes there is 5% risk left 95 percent is ok , since my interview took place and name check only . I have made my mind up , i am travelling beginning of next month , i will pray everything goes fine and on my return i get approval letter and green card also. cant wait another enless era of approval letter and work this Eb3 job anymore ,

good luck to all of u including myself. i am here with u guys , telll me good news abt ur case progress time by time , have fun

adnamj,

Don't take me wrong. If you have looked at the transfer list, there are many cases transferred prior to you and many after you. Could you tell us if there is anything special in your case which made the Arlington people pick it up prior to some people in the queue. I know there can be many factors, but just for discussion purpose.

Any feedback is appreciated.

-H1Blayoff