Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Re: cmr,

Originally posted by gtahiliani
I personally went to the Arlington office and also sent a Query Via National Customer service. They both told me the same thing.

"Its take approximately 12 months to process case after receipt of the case by the service center in Arlington"

But after seeing this forum its very confusing since so many got very early interviews.

Does going through Senetar or Congressman really help?

regards.

It may not really take 12 months, but anywhere from 6 to 10 months. Approaching the Senator may not necessarily result in expediting your case, but atleast you will get some reliable and believable information on your case status.

I suggest you contact Senator George Allen's office and talk to Emily Evans. She is very nice and prompt in responding to inquiries. Her number is 703-435-0039.

-cmr

The lawyer received my approval letter 2 days back. The interview was done in Nov 2003. Was stuck in the secuirty check..

goodluck to everybody..

Swaiting,

Congratulations to your sister! I gather from your previous posting that the case was actually not your's, but your sister's. Could you please tell me what documents that the Arlington Office requires us to bring to the interview. Is it a standard set of documents? I'd really appreciate it if you could provide as much information as you can.

-cmr

cmr,
its everything possible,
copies of your h1, i140, AP, EAD etc.
W-2, paystubs, Tax returns, birth certificate, marriage certificate take all orginals with you and give them a copy and if needed show the original. She missed on birth certificate. she had the original english translation but took only the photocopy of original Birth Certificate and officer asked for original. Took the lawyer but not much help...

goodluck

Interview in April

Friends

My case was TD'd in Jul 2003. I have interview at Arlington Office with officer 'Sanders'. (I guess the letter sent by Sanders, I am guessing that same person might interview)

I am planning to take all the documents along with copies. If everything goes well, do they stamp the passport or is there another queue do we have to wait. (Waiting became a way of life in US)

Any feedback on how the interview process works
and what are they trying to see/expect
and what are all the things we need to be cautious of

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions

EB2/VA/ Priority Date 6/2000
485 RD - 1/2002
TD - 7/2003
ID - 4/2004

Reds,

When did you receive the interview letter? My case was transferred in November and I am still waiting for the interview to be scheduled. I'd really appreciate it if you could provide more information about your case. I tried searching your previous posts, but couldn't get much information from them. Please kindly let us know what documents you are asked to bring for the interview, and any other details that you would like to share.

-cmr

Reds,

It would be very helpful for others if you could share your case details. I hope you do that.

-cmr

Interview in April

Got the interview letter in Feb End. Have the FP in March and waiting for Interview in April.

I have submitted Affidavits of supports for Birth Certificates. Is it necessary to submit non-availability.

I will post all the details once I come back from the interview

You will need to get the non-availability certificate. I submitted it along with the affidavits when filing my 485 but was asked to submit the affidavits again in my rfe. Eventually the case is transferred.

Reds, could you please kindly let me know what other documents you are asked to bring to the interview.

-cmr

Documents

For Interview at Arlington

1. The letter they sent, Passport, I-94
2. Federal Income tax returns - 3 years with w-2's
3. A current employment letter, showing rate of pay and hours per week
4. Certified copy of Court dispositions of all arrests (if any)
5. your spouse and evidence of common residence and shared life (this is really crazy, what want to see???)
6. Need birth certificate and evidence of Support

I do not have birth certificate, but I have submitted affidavits of birth incident from 2 people, would that be sufficient???

Thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
Reds, thanks a lot for the information. I wish you all the luck for your interview.

Regarding the common residence and shared life, I think stuff like common bank statements, lease agreements, mortgage statements, insurance, pictures...anything you can think of...should be enough. I am sure you know all this, and I think seeing the proof of married life and continued joint living is one of the main reasons why they transfer the cases.

Keep us posted about your case.

-cmr

Transferred on Apr 02,2004

My case was transferred to Washington on Apr 02,2004

Here are my details

RD : 06/05/2002
FP2 : 01/29/2004
TD : 04/02/2004

3rd EAD is pending renewal at VSC. Hopefully they transfer that too else getting EAD renewed at VSC is a nightmare. Also planning to get AP from Arlington.

Has anyone applied AP in Arlington? Can someone share details of it?

I did a rough analysis on all cases that were transferred and came to a conclusion that each case was interviewed after 20-24 months from the VSC receipt date. Mine is already 22 months old, will there be some magic from Arlington on scheduling interview early :)

Darenkoa,
Did you get your interview scheduled?

Hi Darenkoa,

Are you in EB3 Category ? If you are ,then sorry to dissapoint you but Arlington is taking atleast 10-12 months to schedule interview from date of Receipt of case (to them) which in your case is Apr , 04 .

Check out the processing times of DC(arlington office ) here :-
https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=80

Mind it recipt notice date here is the day when Case was recieved by the center i.e. in Transfer cases its TD.

Most of the people I know including me are reeling under this painful situation.

- Gtahiliani

Hi gtahiliani,

Isn't the processing date posted on the USCIS site meant for all types of 485 applications. Note that our cases fall in Employment Based category. I read somewhere on this thread that such cases are treated differently than family based I-485.

Also I did some analysis and found that all case approved as of date were picked up between 20 - 26 months timeframe from the receipt date of I-485 at VSC. This is because VSC used to approve cases in one year time frame in 2002-2003. Nowadays the timeframe has increased to 2 yrs, so wait time is more.

Thats why I am wondering if > 20 months formula still applies to cases that are trasnferred to Arlington.

Any inputs? Did anyone happen to talk to Arlington lately?

I somehow got Arlington phone number(don't know if its the right number). The lady asked me to call the 1-800 number(USCIS Customer Service) . I spoke to USCIS customer service. They gave me the same bullshit that I appears on the Case Status online page. They didn't have any clue on what Arlington does or is doing. The moral of the story is please don't call them and waste your time.

The best way to know if go personally to Arlington or get inputs from users on this thread. Please do keep posting your experience that will help other people get an idea on whats current.

I actually , after hearing the same bull from Customer Service, did go to Arlington Office .

My case - RD - 30 Jan, 2002 , EB3
TD - Aug. 2003

They told that its taking approx. a year to process these type cases getting transfered.
Looking at my case they told to 'maybe' except something around Aug,2004.

Some of the people I know also went, It seems for EB1 cases they are processing faster i.e around 4-6 months. I dont know if Eb2 also gets higher priority than EB3.

All in all , after spending long time in queues ,there is pretty good chance they will reply almost the same way as you would hear from Customer Serice people.

OR

it could be just that my "BAD LUCK" is very good,:(

On the other issue,

I did file EAD, AP in Arlington office after case got Transfered. both came pretty fast (max. 1 month) - Seems they are processing AP, EAD very fast.

-gtahiliani

Until we hear some update from some users in this thread, we are in complete darkness. Have to wait till we see a light.

Mine is also a EB3 case. I have counted on 2005 for my interview. My EAD is pending at Vermont. Hopefully they process it in time else I will have to waste a day and go to Arlington for IEAD.

Life sucks anyways with this kind of service. How will someobody digest the fact that application fees are going to increase very soon :rolleyes:

BTW, isn't your RD same as "Reds". His interview has already been scheduled, you will get yours very soon. Hopefully EB2 doesn't take precidence over EB3.

Hi,

I think Reds was EB2. Maybe different priority for EB2 too. or maybe my Luck Sucks , Again!

:confused:

I wish we can get some real answers from BCIS , some real customer service (not just telling us what we can see on website)
would be good, But again seems vain to be more hopefull now a days.

- gtahiliani

EB stands for Employment based Immigration. This are classified into the following categories:

EB1
-----
Aliens with extraordinary ability are those with "extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation."

EB2
----
The EB-2 classification includes: aliens who are "members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent" and aliens "who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural, or educational interests or welfare of the United States."

EB3
----
Aliens with at least two years of experience as skilled workers;
Professionals with a baccalaureate degree; and
Other workers with less than two years experience, such as an unskilled worker who can perform labor for which qualified workers are not available in the United States