Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

GeeCee Saga,
I am happy to hear that you got the notice too as we had the same transfer date.. As per the new ruling, your old medical doesnt expire anymore and is valid till end of this year.. So you can use that if you have a copy...

I hope fikabir get his letter soon too..

goodluck

Same set of documents and hopefully questions

It seems to me that they ask for the same set of documents form all interviewees as I read the last e-mail. This may mean that pretty much they ask the same set of questions.

Dear GeeCee Saga, I'll appreciate that you post your interview details once you are done. This will help us prepare.

BTW, my officer designation is "C". Any insights?

Take care all.

SQ

Concern about I/V dates

Friends

I do not know what to say about local INS scheduling interviews so much into the future, for some people March, 2004. Its nice to have some lead time to prepare ourselfs, but 6 months is too much and I feel they are just delaying much further than doing anything about it

Best part of it, atleast we know there is a date given to us.

Good luck to everone

PD: 06/2000
ND: 01/2002
TD: 07/2003
ID: Waiting

Reds,
I think they are scheduling as per RD/ND. If you will notice that mine is before some of the other posters here and i have been scheduled earlier also althogh I got my interview letter later. My officer is "F".
Does anybody have any experience with "F"? Hopefully it will be the same individual and I can get some insight into the individual.
Eitherways thank you all for your good wishes and yes I'll post my details as soon as the interview is up.
Can anyone who has recently gone for one share his experience?? I am very nervous about the whole thing.
Thanks guyz hopefully all of us will get through this unscathed. Good Luck to all!

Transfered

The most dreadful thing happened to me - transferred to D.C. Well Since, I have no control on the situation; I will have to live with it. To prepare myself for the next long leg, please help me with whatever information, you can.

1) Is there any way to track my case any further?

2) If I want to know any status on my case, what is the best way? (Note: I travel to VA every weekend only)

3) Do we have to apply for our 3rd AP and EAD to local office only? Present one is valid till May 2004 and it is unlikely much will happen before that.

4) If we change our home address, do we have to inform local office? Do the interview letter goes to Attorney also?

5) What are the contact details of the local office?

Any other useful info would help.

Thanks and good luck to all

hello topazb,
1) Is there any way to track my case any further?
NO
2) If I want to know any status on my case, what is the best way? (Note: I travel to VA every weekend only)
Go to the Arlington Office, which doesnt help much either.
3) Do we have to apply for our 3rd AP and EAD to local office only? Present one is valid till May 2004 and it is unlikely much will happen before that.
YES and YES
4) If we change our home address, do we have to inform local office? Do the interview letter goes to Attorney also?
Yes an AR-11 and Inform local office too. All the documents go to you as well as the attorney...
5) What are the contact details of the local office?

Any other useful info would help.

Thanks and good luck to all

Swaiting : Thanks for your reply.

Is there anyone tracking the issuance of interview letter date and corrosponding interview date w.r.t. transfer date.

Any idea how long to wait to get a finger printing and interview date letter.

Thanks again

topazB,
If you go thru this thread, you will notice that getting the interview letter after the transfer is totally random.

Fikabir has been unfortunately waiting since Oct 2002. I and GeeCeeSaga had the same transfer date. I got the the interview letter in June and GeeCeeSaga got it in Sept.

If you are lucky the interview letter can come as early as in 4 months. Normally the interview is for 5-6 months from the receipt of the interview letter...

There is no tracking of interview letter possible...

goodluck

AP at washington

Guys and Gals,

If I have to renew my AP (and my case is pending with washinton office), do I submit the forms to them ?
Has anyone done it yet ? (If so, please share the experience)

It's relatively straightforward with EAD, but not so clear (to me) with AP.

Thanks a LOT !

Hi Yjay! Welcome aboard!!!

Hi Flanker,

I was about to get it done before I received my I/V date. My lawyer said she would submit that to the Washington office and it would take about 30 days (This was back in August; since these guys come up with some thing new every hour, you may want to check again)

Good luck to all
Desparate1

got interview letter

Guys,

Finally got the interview letter today after a long waiting. The interview scheduled for 12/03/2003 and fingerprinting scheduled for 10/28/03-11/1/03. But interview notice didn't ask for redoing the medical. The interview will be held in Roanoke, not in Arlington. Should I go for redoing the medical?

fikabir

Re: got interview letter

Congrats! Hopefully you will be approved in 2003.
I personally would research this forum and carry every document that would be required, to give them no ammunition. I would redo the medicals also.

Originally posted by fikabir
Guys,

Finally got the interview letter today after a long waiting. The interview scheduled for 12/03/2003 and fingerprinting scheduled for 10/28/03-11/1/03. But interview notice didn't ask for redoing the medical. The interview will be held in Roanoke, not in Arlington. Should I go for redoing the medical?

fikabir

Hi fikabir,

Glad to know that at last you received interview letter after so long...Wish you all the best! Kepp us updated. Thanks.

If it's not a big trouble, either take copies of earlier medicals from the doctor. However, as per the recent memo, medicals are now valid until I-485 is adjudicated. Click here for the information .

I have URL for the original memo, too; but somehow it doesn't work if I quote it here. So I am attaching it with this post as a PDF file - you may take its print-out with you if you wish.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

Re: got interview letter

Originally posted by fikabir
Guys,

fikabir

Fikabir,
ITS nice to see that you finally recieved the letter. It has been a long time coming.....

goodluck

fikabir:

congratulations! bring a copy of
the medical should be ok according to
the memo. you should print out the
memo, too.

Thank you guys. I'm trying to collect copy of the old medicals from the doctor office. Also, trying to do early finger printing.

Thanks.

fikabir

va_transfer and others,
Just came back from my I-485 interview in Arlington. Everything was fine. she really grilled for paper work and after all that she said, that security check is not complete... They will inform #%%..

goodluck --

SWaiting:

I can feel the disappointment. It seems unlikely
anything will happen quickly after the interview.
I suspect it also depends on how often the officer
decides to check and clean up old cases.