Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Flanker,

20 months is their time frame for processing EB I-485. They said you can not inquire if your case is pending (from VSC RD date) for less than 20 months. If it is over 20 months, you can see an IIO for case status.

Technically what it is - is probably a soft internal deadline that within 20 months of them bloody (sorry for the language)recieving your file they should have processed it or atleast taken a look at it. Fat lot of good that makes really. People have passed the 540 deadline on VSC and all they have to say for it is there is a HUGE backlog. Then why set a deadline in the first place?

pleasant surprise

guys, i received interview notice, too,
to be held at the last week of August, also
for redoing fingerprint. fikbir, i think yours is
coming too. In the letter, they ask me to bring
all the regular stuff. the only thing is
that the box for medical exam is not
checked. do i still need to redo it?

EB1
RD - 10/1/2001
TD - 10/7/2002

va_transfer,

It's really a good news. When did you receive it, yesterday? Pray for me. For medical, try to get a copy of the old medical, in case they want it. My TD is also same, 10/7/02. Hopefully, i'll get it by this week.

Thanks for the posting.

Va_Transfer,

Does the interview schedule depends on the finger printing center? My finger printing center is Moneta, Roanoke. I heard this center is busy for getting finger printing schedule.

not yet, i was planning a visit to my
senator's office this week, and i got
all the documents and evidence ready.
then the interview letter arrived. what
a coincidence!

Va_Transfer,

Sorry to ask you many questions. I'm little upset not getting the interview letter yet. Is it your ND is in Nov 16, 2001 or around that time?

I have one friend whose TD is April 24, 2002 and still didn't receive anything. I'm affraid of that situations.

fikbir: I don't remember it clearly, but i think it
is early November in 2001. It takes just a little bit over
a month for me to receive the receipt.

it won't surprise me that they lost any
document. -- actually one of my colleague's citizenship
application was lost by them, he contact senator
George Allen's office. Just ask if they still have your
files. The senator's office helped him to request VSC
to re-send another copy of the application. (It seems
that VSC keeps a copy of what they send to local office)

Va_Transfer,

Thanks.

I contacted John Warner office last month and they (Arlington) said they are working on my file. I'll wait until end of this month and will contact them again.

Done Second set of Finger Prints

I went to loca Alexadria office for 2'nd finger prints. They moved the office to a different location than the address I got in the mail also please don't follow driving directions given by INS with the finger print notice... Take directions from web. I had hell finding the new office.

mmangu

Can you please tell me the new address of the FP location. My dates to do FP are in the second week of May. Did you ust walkin before the due date. I know they used to take it but wasn't sure if they still do.

FP

Jarjar,

I went there on the week I was scheduled for my finger prints. Which was last week.

The new office is on Rt 1, 8850 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria. Take next exit after Telegraph road onto Rt 1 South and then drive for 8 miles and you will find the office on right. Outside of the office it is written as ICB, Keep an eye in the building numer, it is difficult to notice.

va_transfer,

Till today I didn't receive anything. Jarjar, mmangu, you all received interview letter at 10/15 days interval. What's happend to mine! Any guess?

Dunno

They might have gone right back to sleep! These guys are too slow! Keep waiting my friend , hopefully you will get soon!