Transfer VSC -> TSC

Thanks for all your help.
Hi Countingdays,
You may get approval soon. Best of Luck!!!!
Akil

NIW_NOV04

I saw only one approval on another forum this morning. Detail is below.

EB2(PERM) VSC RD 3/22/06
TRANSFERED TO TSC APRIL 23. 6 LUDS
APPROVED 06/06

GUNT,

You started this thread....I wonder where are you?...I dont see you logged in the forum anymore...Did you receive any decisions from USCIS? Please reply if you still read messages here.

Thanks.

I have been following status of six I-140 VSC-TSC cases with the same RD date of mine (Feb 14. 2006). One got RFE on 5/25 and one got approved this morning (6/7). So I think that TSC may have started actively working on the VSC-TSC cases again.

leviathan,

That is good tracking on your part. But the biggest question in the forum is whether they are working on EB1/NIW cases or not. Secondly how many officers are assigned Eb1//NIW. Is there just one special off. who is loaded with all caes or many.

wish you luck.

leviathan,
Thanks for your new info. But NIW_Nov_04 is right. All service centers process applications by category and not by the receipt date. It would be interesting if petitions from the same category have been adjudicated recently. The VSC to TSC transfer dates provide some valuable information on this classification.
There are some interesting discussions on the Mathew Oh firm's website (www.immigration-law.com) on the subject of TSC and NSC adjudication standards and how people try to track "TSC-day" and "NSC-day" before submitting their petitions (since bi-specialization took effect two months ago).

200GC, Could you please tell me where or which category I can find this useful information?
Thanks.

vsc_tsc,
Please look under advanced Q&A, question 86.
Also the two new USCIS HQ memos posted today are indeed good news for many GC aspirants (under EB1-OR category), particularly postdocs (please go to www.immigration-law.com and look the posting under the heading Breaking News).

06/02/2006: Status of Service Centers' Processing of I-140/I-485

Bi-Specialization Program is likely to create some delays and other problems at least at the initial stage for the two reasons: Reason 1: The concept of the two Service Centers specializing in either employment-based nonimmigrant proceedings (I-129) or employment-based immigrant proceedings (I-140/I-485) require shipment of half of the filings via overnight delivery services from the Service Center that receives the petitions/applications (Vermont Service Center in I-129 and Nebraska Service Center in I-140/I-485) to other Satelite Service Centers (California Service Center in I-129 and Texas Service Center in I-140/I-485). Technically, the filings will have to go through the double front-end or mail-room processsing. Obviously, there will arise some mishaps of losing or misplacing files and contractor mishandling cases at the front ends. In the case of I-140/I-485, Texas Service Center has just confirmed that the workloads are split half and half between the NSC and the TSC and the NSC ships incoming I-140/I-485 case filings to the TSC every other day via DHL. Even though there is no confirmation, probably same thing may be happening between the VSC and the CSC for I-129 filings. Physical shipments of these filings coast to coast or from the Northern border to the Southern border must involve a huge traffic everyday. Reason 2: Initial announcement of the USCIS Bi-Specialization Program gave impression that the program would just apply to the new cases after April 1, 2006 and the existing cases may be finished up by the Service Centers where people had filed their cases. However, the reality appears to be completely different. According to the TSC, it received 14,000 existing I-140/I-485 cases from the CSC and another 4,300 or 4,400 cases from the VSC. No wonder why I-140 processing and adjudication have witnessed slow-down lately. The TSC reports that it intends to complete these cases within 180 days from the date of filing, obviously to meet the target of Bush's six-month adjudication commitment, but people should not hold their breath yet. There is no information available about as to whether idential process is taking place for transfer of existing I-129 cases to either VSC or CSC. But educated guess is "probably not" in view of the short processing cycle in I-129 cases. This does not mean that the processing of existing I-129 cases by the NSC and the TSC is not affected by the reengineering of processing system. Report indicates that those resources within each of these two Service Centers that handled I-129 cases have been switched to the I-140/I-485 production lines in most cases. Without doubt, such transformation has affected the recent processing times of I-129 cases in these Service Centers.
It appears that the Bi-Specialization reform is supposed to achieve its intended goal when the USCIS' another planned transformation of filing, processing, and adjudication system "electronically" materializes. Until that time, it is likely that the USCIS may continue to experience some unintended aches and pains of processing and adjudication of the employment-based petitions and applications, albeit limited to the transitional period. We hope the best for the USCIS.

I think it all depends on Processing date at TSC. Unless it moves ahead nothing is sure. Secondly, the July visa bulletin is expected to come out either today or tommorow. Let us hope the dates move ahead for Eb2 category.

My employer filed I-140 under EB1 (Multinational Manager) on 01/23/06 and the case was transferred to TSC on 4/20/06. LUD 5/20/06 (the only one) and then complete silence. Moreover, the processing dates have not been updated for nearly 3 weeks now.

Any clues on on what is happening? Has anyone else with similar RD heard anything?

I have read about cases where I-140 was filed later than mine but has been approved in a much shorter time. What drives the approval time?

Appreciate some guidance on the above.

Thank you.

folks, I saw first vsc to tsc transferred NIW case approved on another forum, the details is below,

Original Service Center: VSC
Submitted: Dec 26, 2005
Transferred to TSC: Apr 26, 2006
TSC received: May 10, 2006
TSC approved: June 12, 2006

vsc tsc,

Here is another approval posted elsewhere in this forum....It looks like they are now touching NIW/EB1 cases received in December 2005..

oyinade
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2005
I140 approved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RD 12/16/05 I140 eb1
transfer date from VSC to TSC 4/20/06
LUD 5/18/05, 5/19/05, 5/20/05, 6/10/05
AD 6/12/05
2 publications
7 citations
MD MPH

Last edited by a moderator:
I think DOS has almost announced that 2006 RETROGRESSION HAS BEGUN FOR INDIA. Guys please keep posting your approvals and LUDs.

Best,