Transfer VSC -> TSC

gunt

Registered Users (C)
I received notice today that my EB-1 EA petition has been transfered from Vermont to Texas for processing. Seems very similar to what happened to many people at CSC in March.

I-140 RD 1/11/2006

I-140 transferred from VSC to TSC

I received notification that my I-140 application has been transferred to Texas Processing Center.

I-140 EB2 RD: Feb 20, 2006. I work in Virginia.

I'm confused about where my I-485, I-765 and I-131 would need to be filed. Vermont is where I would have expected it to have been filed at. And I was going to have the I-485 filed this week.

Does anyone know if transfers of I-140 petitions has happened in the past? Is this similar to the LC - Backlog Elimination Center operation? I'm curious to know how much of a delay would ensue. Also, will be RD change from Feb 20, 2006 to whenever TSC receives my application?

Thanks!
Bev

Gunt and Bevan,

My I-140 (EB2-RIR-MD-INDIA, PD 12/01) was filled at VSC on 2/16/6 (RD/ND). Thus, I feel that my application will soon go on the same track as yours did. The question I have is: does the USCIS on-line status tell you that it has been transfered? If not, how did you find out about the transfer?

gunt,
Were your both I-140 and I-485 petitions transferred to TSC?
I am trying to capture a pattern here: not sure if the transferred cases involve only I-140 filers (non-concurrent filing).

VSC -> TSC

I found out about the transfer via an auto generated email from USCIS. I have been unable to logon to the USCIS website for 2 days b/c the server is down.

Only my I-140 was transfered as I did not file a I-485. I am doing consular processing.

gunt said:
I found out about the transfer via an auto generated email from USCIS. I have been unable to logon to the USCIS website for 2 days b/c the server is down.

Only my I-140 was transfered as I did not file a I-485. I am doing consular processing.

I have not filed for my I-485 yet. Was getting ready to do it. And I found out about my I-140 getting transferred to TSC via email; there was an automated message that I received.

Bevan

VSC -> TSC

I have no LUDs prior to the transfer. There is no indication on the automated notification from USCIS that my EAC number has been changed.

On 04/18, a number of I-140 cases were transferred from VSC to TSC. On 04/19, a number of I-140 cases have been transferred to NSC from VSC.

Thank you gunt and bevan for providing additional details. A few other forums have also reported a number of transfers from VSC in the past two days.

Hello 2006gc,

I noticed - really you are trying to track VSC cases. Thanks for your time and interest.

Try to find and post some statistics....

1)How many case are transfered from VSC to TSC?
2)How many case are transfered from VSC to NSC?
3)Is this transfers are based on RD or EB category or PD?
4)Is this transfers based on employer loction/Emploee location?
5)Is this impact for non-cuncurrent files or both cunc also?
6)Is only 140 trasfered?
7)Is 485's aslo transferd ?
8)Is concurent files transfered?
9)Is 485 transfered with pending 140's?
10)Is 485 transfered with approved 140's?

Thanks
Ani

2006gc said:
On 04/18, a number of I-140 cases were transferred from VSC to TSC. On 04/19, a number of I-140 cases have been transferred to NSC from VSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anita,
I do not have the "scanner" program and thus do not have the exact statistics. I have learned about at least 10 case transfers from various forums.
>1)How many case are transfered from VSC to TSC?
>2)How many case are transfered from VSC to NSC?

Most of the case transfers have been for 2006 I-140 filers.
>3)Is this transfers are based on RD or EB category or PD?

I don't think so.
>4)Is this transfers based on employer loction/Emploee location?

So far, all the transferred I-140 petitions to both NSC and TSC are non-concurrent cases.
>5)Is this impact for non-cuncurrent files or both cunc also?

Yes. See answer to 5).
>6)Is only 140 trasfered?

Not applicable.
>7)Is 485's aslo transferd ?

Not yet.
>8)Is concurent files transfered?

No.
>9)Is 485 transfered with pending 140's?
>10)Is 485 transfered with approved 140's?

Hi 2006gc,

Is there any updates to day on this Bi-Specialization impementation in VSC?

Thanks

2006gc said:

Shouldn't it be VSC -> NSC? Vermont cases are supposed to go to Nebraska, aren't they?

From where do we have Texas in the middle...

Ah, the value of their guidelines, promises, or whatever is no more than that of my sh*t

I-140 transfered to TSC

I received an email on Apr 18, saying my I-140 case was transfered to TSC. I applied for I-140 in Dec 2005. Last night I received another email saying they had received my application, but it didn't say which service center. I am assuming its TSC.
I see that Texas is processing Jan 17, 2006 cases, does that mean, I will be in a separate queue, just because my case was transfered from VSC to TSC?

I also received an update on Apr 20, 2006 stating that my I-140 had been received by the service center. No mention was made as to what service center, but i assume it means TSC given the transfer notice on Apr 18. The Apr 20 notice also said that they are taking 400 - 450 days to process this type of petition. Many of the folks at CSC who were transfered to TSC have the same message.

I got the same email as gunt. The history for my case on the UCSIS website has been removed except for the last one.

TSC is just like the backlog elimination center for LCs, I feel.

unable to understand my fate

Here is my case status as of today in VSC and unable to understand my fate.

-----------------------------------------
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
Current Status:
Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on January 17, 2006. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.