Transfer VSC -> TSC

It would be good to learn VSC's strategy for I-140 case transfers. Interestingly, new processing dates for VSC have been posted on the USCIS website (04/21) and, believe me, I was not surprised when I did not see any movements in the I-140 processing dates for all categories. Ironically, I-485 processing dates moved forward more than 30 days. Looks like they have been approving I-485 for the past two weeks.

Online status check

AILA's website shows the following headlines:
USCIS Case Status On-Line Not Working Properly

Anybody who has access to AILA's pages, please post the contents in this thread.

Thanks.

Would you please tell me when you applied in december and what kind of I-140... is it NIW? We have also applied in december

I applied as EB1-C (Multinational Executive and Managers). The new processing dates released by USCIS have not changed for VSC, TSC.

My case also got transfered to TSC from vermont. strange - My case was received on 3/16 (EB2)- way before bi-specialization and it clearly said that cases transfered before april 1 200 will be processed in the center it receives..!!!

I received an email notification that my EB2 case has been transferred from VSC to TSC. My original RD is 01/26/2006 at VSC).

permoorreg,
Your statement is not entirely complete. It stated that the cases that were received before April 01, 2006 will be TYPICALLY adjudicated by the service center that issued the receipt number. But this transfer should be a surprise to you as USCIS has transferred most of their I-140 and I-485 petitions received well before 04/01/2006 (including cases received in September 2005 to March 2006) to TSC.
>that cases transfered before april 1 200 will be processed in the center it
>receives..!!!

bi-specialization in works?
Has any i140 filed BEFORE 01/01/2006 been traqnsferred to NSC/TSC?
Has any approved i140 been traqnsferred to NSC/TSC?
My i140 was filed Nov-30-2005 (approved Late Feb-06) - no transfer notification so far.
I have a feeling that they are transferring untouched i140s to get ready for bi-specialization (VSC is not supposed to process i140 and EB i485 after bi-specialization is in effect). What are they going to do with petitions like mine (i140 approved i485 not yet)?
Any input?

michvin,

I know my friend's I-140 (filed just before 2005 Christmas) case transferred to Texas. I have no idea about his 485 though.

regards,

tuarek

tuarek said:
michvin,

I know my friend's I-140 (filed just before 2005 Christmas) case transferred to Texas. I have no idea about his 485 though.

regards,

tuarek
it wasn't approved, right?
just trying to figure out what are the chances mine will be transferred as well..

Whats this bussiness going on with transferring cases from Vermont to Texas, Nebraska?

Are all pending cases getting transferred and why are they doing that?
I guess I probably missed the ruling.
Can someone point out the details as to why this is happening?

neocor

michvin,
If you look at the thread on TSC processing of transferred I-140 cases from CSC, you will notice that filers under EB3 category got approval within days. It took approximately a month for EB2 filers to get approvals. It was pointed out that I-140 filers in January - March were getting approvals much quicker than individuals who submitted their petitions prior to 2006. After almost a month from the transfer date, many are getting approvals. I remember reading in one of the threads a few days ago that only 475 transferred cases are still pending at TSC. Perhaps that is the reason they are now accepting transfers from VSC.

2006gc said:
michvin,
If you look at the thread on TSC processing of transferred I-140 cases from CSC, you will notice that filers under EB3 category got approval within days. It took approximately a month for EB2 filers to get approvals. It was pointed out that I-140 filers in January - March were getting approvals much quicker than individuals who submitted their petitions prior to 2006. After almost a month from the transfer date, many are getting approvals. I remember reading in one of the threads a few days ago that only 475 transferred cases are still pending at TSC. Perhaps that is the reason they are now accepting transfers from VSC.
That was also the trend in late 2005: EB3 got approved in a couple of weeks, whereas EB2 waited longer - 3 month in my case (pretty much average period for i140 filed then). 6 month wait in case of EB1 was common as well.
I'm not surprised by the transfer of unapproved i140s (bi-specialization intends such transfer). What I'm wondering about is what is going to happen to my case with approved i140: will it be transferred or VSC wil finish the processing? :confused:

michvin,
I-485s were also transferred from CSC about a month ago (even for filers with I-140 approval), and CSC has started looking at their I-485s (e.g., issuing finger print notices after transfer etc.). I think that this time around TSC does not wish to be overloaded with one "huge" transfer of cases and thus requesting VSC to transfer some cases at a time as they move forward in processing the petitions.
Note also that in a recent posting, I-485 processing date for VSC moved forward signifcantly (by about 45 dates). Thus you could also expect approval from VSC without transfer!

2006gc said:
michvin,
I-485s were also transferred from CSC about a month ago (even for filers with I-140 approval), and CSC has started looking at their I-485s (e.g., issuing finger print notices after transfer etc.). I think that this time around TSC does not wish to be overloaded with one "huge" transfer of cases and thus requesting VSC to transfer some cases at a time as they move forward in processing the petitions.
Note also that in a recent posting, I-485 processing date for VSC moved forward signifcantly (by about 45 dates). Thus you could also expect approval from VSC without transfer!
Thanks for the info
it would be interesting to know the reason for the transfer of cases from VSC to CSC since according to what we know about bi-specialization Neither VSC nor CSC are not supposed to deal with Employment-based applications. All EB related work should be carriedd out by TSC-NSC. Lets keep each other posted on this matter.

There appears to be a typo about the service center in my earlier post. About a month ago, many I-140 and I-1485 petitions were transferred from California service center to Texas service center. Texas Service center has now started processing these applications by scheduling finger printing etc.
Now we are seeing some I-140 applications (no I-485 transfer reported thus far) from Vermont service center to Texas SErvice center. Thus this is in-line with the bi-specialization program where both CSC and VSC are relinquishing their responsibilities of green card processing.

2006gc said:
There appears to be a typo about the service center in my earlier post. About a month ago, many I-140 and I-1485 petitions were transferred from California service center to Texas service center. Texas Service center has now started processing these applications by scheduling finger printing etc.
Now we are seeing some I-140 applications (no I-485 transfer reported thus far) from Vermont service center to Texas SErvice center. Thus this is in-line with the bi-specialization program where both CSC and VSC are relinquishing their responsibilities of green card processing.
Thanks for clarifying that :) This transfer and following approvals were well publicised here.

Two LUD changes after VSC to TSC transfer

On Apr 24 morning, I also received an email that my EB2-NIW case has been transfered from VSC to TSC. Interestingly, there have been two LUD changes (Apr 25 and 26) after that. From reading the posts in CSC to TSC transfer, it may not mean much. But I wonder whether other people noticed similar LUD changes after the transfer. It is good that somebody is touching my case at least.

Good luck to everybody in the similar situations.