Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

09/14/2004 not 2005

no it is 09/14/2004 and I have a lawyer so she 'd have got my interview letter. anyway I called them and I complain about , they send me a letter with a very vague content:

Case type: I485
Filing date: 12/09/2002
Beneficiar: ...my name
My A number correct , all my info correct.

The status of this service request is :
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. if you do not receive a decesion or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter , please call customer service at the number provided below.

Now see what my lawyer said:

Dear Gabriel,

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do presently. INS did not follow a chronological order with respect to any parts of the process. Therefore, some people who filed much later than you have green cards and others who filed much earlier do not. The order of everything there seems random.

this is crazy, unfair, and I do not know what to do next .
also i wrote a letter to :
District Office: 2400 JKF Federal Office Building
Boston, MA 02203
District Phone: 617-565-3170
District Fax: 617-565-3183
District Office Director: Barbara Souliotis
District Housing Staff: Emily Winterson
What should I do next, now I'm just waiting

ggoaga,
I am sorry for your experience. You should complain to your congressman. Many times this makes a difference. Could be that your security check is not done yet. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about it. Is your priority date current? If it is not, at least you can hope that by the time it becomes current they will call you. Otherwise, even if you get an interview with non-current priority date they will not approve your GC.
Best of luck and keep us posted.

Hello all,

looks like i am going to need just a bit more patience. i can only blame myself for getting complacent, thinking the system will just take its course. the course is going to be even longer than the already long while.

here's the story

me:
PD early 2001 EB-3
I140/485 filed in early 2003 along with H1 extension
2 rounds of EAD/Adv Parole/fingerprints
Transfer to Boston Nov 2004
Intvw May 2005 - Approved - Yippee

wife:
we got married end of 2003 H-4 dependent
filed her I485 early 2004
She got a transfer notice Jan 2005
Intvw Oct 21 - 'approvable' but only when visa available
basically a multiple year wait?

when i went in for my intvw in May, my wife came along, and we asked if the officer would adjudicate her case along with mine. the officer was running late, didnt entertain us, 'file' wasnt available, lawyer didnt push, i now think i should have tried harder, but was frankly a bit selfish, wanting to get my case approved without 'disturbing the peace'. i'd have acted differently had i known about the retrogression ofcourse...

question:

is there any kind of appeals process open to me? lawyer says no, just have to wait for PD to be current, keep renewing EAD etc. would my congressmans office be in a position to do anything (rep. Markey)?

could the officer have approved my wife's case along with mine 'pending confirmation' of her file (assuming the file really wasnt immediately traceable)? lawyer mentioned something like that in Oct intvw.

and i just have to ask, would making a stink at my interview have avoided this second round of waiting we have now been subjected to?

thanks, i realize that there's no way of knowing anything for certain, but I find all the comments I have read in this forum valuable.

info pass

hiagain

I went to Boston,s JFK building and I spoke with an officer about my delay, they have my case, it was transferred as I said to Boston on September 14, 2004, but he shoed me the visa buletin of Nov and he said that it is not their fault because they don't have enough visa no. from the department of state.
So I'm not "current", they working on 01Mar01 and my date is 11/28/01??? almost 8 months away.
I still can not understand why people with transferred of just a few months got interviewed already and i with I 485 filling date on 12/09/2002 and moved to boston 09/14/2004??? I don't even know when my interview will be ????
BOSTON INS suck they go randomly which is not fair
no wonder why more and more people hate america
i refuse to join this new wave but this is reality with institusion like ins america is only loosing ground ... i hope they will change ...

very disaponinted

ggoa

Totally understand your frustration. When I went to Boston in May 2005, and asked them just the opposite: Why are you interviewing people whose visa # are not available and not interviewing me and the EB2s whose visa # are available? They said, " we go by the date the file was received by us. You have to wait for your turn." Now a lot of EB2s are left in the lurch when they could have been adjudicated by Sept 30. It is like banging your head on a brick wall.

I-485 Transferred to Boston.

Im new to this site. My employer filed my GC March 2005 on EB3(i guess) category. On october 21 2005, my i-485 case transferred to Boston office. Any idea when they call for interview? And how many weeks in advance they will call for interview? When they call for interview, what status show USCIS web site for my case number? During this time can i go to India for 2 months?
My wife already got her EAD and Advance Paroll. Still my EAD and Advance paroll applications are in Vermont office. There was some query for my EAD and Advance Paroll for my pictures. I sent my pictures 2 weeks ago. Still my EAD and Advance Paroll did not approve. Any body can help here. Thanks in advance

This will be helpful

Check list for interview in Boston (I had my interview this week, it was good
Employment letter
Pay check (6 months)
Tax Return (3 years)
I-485 Receipt
I-140 Receipt
I-140 approval
Passport
I-94
EAD card
AP
Notice letter of interview
H1 card
W2
Driver’s license
SSN card
Birth certificate
Ph.D certificate
Photos
Medical examination (copy)
Address change (receipt)

Abt your interview

Anything specific they asked/asked for which you did not expect? Are you EB1, EB2 or EB3? ( I assume EB1 from ur PhD)

Did you get your Notice of interview letter before Oct 1st? or after? What did they say after the interview? Were you approved? or did they say you were approvable, and needed to wait fro PD to become current? (assuming you got affected by retrogression?)

Pls reply

Thx

V.

Last edited by a moderator:
about interview

Yes, they said it is approvable, but I need to wait for the visa number (I got the interview letter before Oct. 1)

They did not ask anything special, just like for most of people here. I am EB2

It took about 10mins.

Interview at Manchester, NH Field Office

As I has posted earlier this month, My file was transferred by VSC (after they approved my request for expeditious handling) to the Boston DO. From there they forwarded it to Manchester, NH Field Office (as I am a NH resident)

I got an interview letter in the mail on 10/28. Their is only 1 letter addressed to both of us (my wife & I) notifying us of our interview scheduled on December 6, 2005. Is this common? only 1 letter for both me & my wife?

The list of things we have been asked to bring along are:
ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS:
- PASSPORT and I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (if not previously submitted)
- Medical Examination Reports (if not previously submitted)
- Documentation of your qualification for permanent residence
- CURRENT EMPLOYMENT LETTER(S)

I have a few questions -

(1) I got my mdeical examinations done in June 2003 (when I filed I-140/485 concurrently) - How long are the mdeical exams valid? I read somewhere that they expire after 15 months? Do you think I should schedule another medical exam? Also neither I not my lawyers have copies of my medical exams, since it was in a sealed envelope. How can I get those?

(2) What do they mean when they ask for "Documentation of your qualification for Permanent Residence"?

(3) Regarding current employment letters- When we started the GC process back in 2002, I was working as Senior Supply Chain Analyst (a manager level position). Since then I have been promoted a couple times, and I am currently the Director of Supply Chain (same group I was working for 3 years ago). Do I need an employment letter with the old job title? or Can I get an employment letter with my new title?

(4) Fingerprinting - My fingerprints were taken on Nov 30, 2004 and the fingerprint results were recieved by USCIS on December 1st 2004. How long are fingerprints valid? I have heard validities ranging from 12 - 24 months? Any of you folks on this forum been in my situation, where the interview was done with so much gap between FP & mdeical exams?

Appreiciate all help

Vikas

Goodkuck

goodluck2005 said:
Yes, they said it is approvable, but I need to wait for the visa number (I got the interview letter before Oct. 1)

They did not ask anything special, just like for most of people here. I am EB2

It took about 10mins.

Did the officer take your AP away? I have to travel out of country 4 days after my interview. Please answer. Thanks.

Biometric & fingerprints; medical exam records & validity

Hey Pras, Your interview is today? correct? Good Luck...

BTW do you know the diffrence between fingerprint & Biometrics (or are these the one & the same?) q because, seems some people have had both done... Also how long are FP results valid? We got ours done last year on NOv 29, 2004

Also how long are medical exams valid? Ours are more than 2 & 1/2 yrs old... Do we need to get another set done before the interview?

All the best again for the interview

Vikas

vsaksena said:
Hey Pras, Your interview is today? correct? Good Luck...

BTW do you know the diffrence between fingerprint & Biometrics (or are these the one & the same?) q because, seems some people have had both done... Also how long are FP results valid? We got ours done last year on NOv 29, 2004

.....FP is for security check and usually is all 10 fingers (code 1). Biometrics is for the generation of a card (EAD, gc) and it is index finger only, Photos and signature. FP is valid for 15 months. Biometrics is done every time a card needs to be generated (it is like recent photos).

Also how long are medical exams valid? Ours are more than 2 & 1/2 yrs old... Do we need to get another set done before the interview?

.....Currently medical exams do not expire. Mine was done in Oct 2002.

All the best again for the interview

Vikas

Congratulations on getting the stamping

Have fun in India... You are leaving soon aren't you?

pras01 said:
.....FP is for security check and usually is all 10 fingers (code 1). Biometrics is for the generation of a card (EAD, gc) and it is index finger only, Photos and signature. FP is valid for 15 months. Biometrics is done every time a card needs to be generated (it is like recent photos).

thats strange, because I have had Fingerprinting done only once, & that was in Nov 2004. and I have had EAD cards 3 times already, starting Aug' 2003, The only documents we sent in was photographs & of course the signature withe App forms.... Why do you think that would be?
Keeping on the same topic, Do you think I need to be concerned because we don't have Biometrics done recently, even though as you say our FPs would be valid for December, when we go for our interview? (an year since we got it done?)

Please share the details of your interview, when you get a minute

Regards

Vikas

Approved - PP stamped!!!

Went to JFK building at 2:20 PM. reported to Rm E-170 (interview rm) at 2:30 (interview time in the letter was 3:00PM). They asked us to get our sign and index finger print on form I-89. An officer whisked us away immediately (no wait). I doubt if my interview will be helpful but I will post my questions anyway. Officer asked about Immigration history. Gave that. asked for medical- I told her that the original was submitted with our I-485 and I have copies- she agreed. asked why my daughter's last name was different from me- told her that my daughter's last name is really a middle name and she doesn't have a last name. Officer gave us funny looks but accepted the answer. I had to explain my name change too - how all my certificates had my middle name as my last name because I got my last name after marriage- gave her a copy of the affidavit for my name change. asked about any unauthorized stay- None. Asked why my husband didn't apply with me - told her he needs to do 3 yrs on H1 to fulfill his J1 waiver requirements. Officer asked all the 'no' questions in the I-485 application -under oath said 'no' to all. Then she started evaluating my eligibility for I-485. She wanted evidence of EB1-EA. I showed her my chapter in the WHO book that was published this yr and a publisher's invitation to write another book chapter. Showed the abstracts of every article that I published since my I-140 was submitted (April 2002). showed proof of being the treasurer to the professional society I belong to, and showed a prestigious professional journal whose editor has invited me several times to review manuscripts submitted by others for their suitability for publication. Officer kept both the journal and the editor's emails to me. That journal also had an article published by me- she bookmarked it. Mine was a self-petition but she asked for an employer letter anyway and I gave her a current letter from my director that stated (in addition to my salary and designation) that the university only hires extraordinary faculty and expects the highest standards of excellence, and that I was maintaining that. Then she turned to my daughter and asked how old she was - 23 yrs. The officer said how come you are riding on your mother's application. We explained how she was 20 days less than being 21 yrs when upon our lawyer's advice, we decided to file for I-485. She did some calculations and was satisfied. Then she said the security checks are clear and she will check about visa availability. She pulled out the Oct and Nov bulletin- visa was available. Then she tried to log-in to the DOS website for visa numbers and said that the system didn't let her log-in. She began explaining that if she could not log-in today, then she would send us an approval letter and the gc will follow in 2-3 weeks, but if we needed to travel, we would need an InfoPass apptment to get the PP stamped. Ishowed my tickets and my sister's email about my mother's surgery (I am leaving on Nov 1). She said to wait. After about 10 minutes she came out with both our PP stamped. At this time, I mentioned that I would like her to have 2 Photos of me for the gc. She was surprised and said didn't you have your biometrics? I said the last biometrics was in March gor EAD. I also pointed out that the I-89 only has our signatures and index FP and they would need our photos to generate the cards. She agreed and took 2 pics of my daughter and me. At this point she suddenly remembered to ask for all our EADs and was surprised that I had such a thick bundle (around 9-10 EAD for me and 5-6 for my daughter). She forgot about the APs and I didn't offer them. Now I have to wait for the card, but I am all set to leave on Nov 1. (Gov. center parking $20).
Good luck every one.

pras01 said:
Totally understand your frustration. When I went to Boston in May 2005, and asked them just the opposite: Why are you interviewing people whose visa # are not available and not interviewing me and the EB2s whose visa # are available? They said, " we go by the date the file was received by us. You have to wait for your turn." Now a lot of EB2s are left in the lurch when they could have been adjudicated by Sept 30. It is like banging your head on a brick wall.

And ,that is more. My 485 was approved in VSC and transfered to Boston in Jun 24, 2005. I went there in May 2005 and asked why the delay. Laddy told me that the date that counts is when they open the envelope and my was on March 13 2005, and I was luck my envelope had everything inside (friend of mine was missing the I-140 = more delays). So, she told me to wait 6 to 8 more mo to receive a letter for the interview that can be set up for the next mo. Hope gave u some relief... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Pras01

Congrats Pras01 and Bye Bye to Green Card Family :) How I wish saying Welcome to Green Card Family LOL :D
I am trying to be more happier and forget about Green Card for a while and So I am taking Agnatha Vasam for some time.
Cheers
Rayudu

How do I contact my Congressman in Boston? Any phone number? I wanna complain about my letter interview delay (since Jun 24, 2004)

long, long journey!

My journey is 12 yrs long. I came as J2 and remaind J2 for 7 yrs. J2 are not eligible to apply for gc. After 7 years, I switched to O1- after 18 months, I filed for gc. I had a lawyer who convinced me that I was eligible to file for I-485 when most lawyers said I was ineligible until my husband, the primary J1 was granted a waiver to the 2 yr home rule.

Good luck to you all!