Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

Translation (using software, I don't speak or read chinese)

Title: 485 interviews the process
发信站: BBS not famous space station (Fri Sep 16 10:32:10 2,005)
Does not have for to knock the chapter at the same day, because
my at that time physical examination time because is pregnant has not made x optical glass, afterwards has made up, but looks that
Doctor has not given the ins send additionally material.
Therefore this time lets me again make the physical examination to
deliver again. Other booing do not like any question.
Some backgrounds:
03 beginnings of the year VSCfile140, I and the husband separate file,
all is NIW.
04 beginnings of the year file485, I with husband file
04 year in September my 140 authorizations
05 years in May husband 140 authorizations, at the same time
485 revolution of local, prearranges interview.
05 years in September Pittsburgh local interview.
We also asked this schedule of public performances matter, first is
informed is not backlog, looks like we such case not to affect. But
Concrete how, local resembles also makes understood not very
much. ;)

Processing dates

Did you see the latest Sept 20 processing dates for Boston? They are now processing I-485 with RD of Dec 15, 2001 (yes, 2001)? Is this a typo? in the last post (Sept 6), they were doing Dec 2004 RD cases.

Got Interviewin Oct, should I reschedule it?

Hi, folks:
I got my interview letter last friday. It is scheduled in Oct. Very unlucky for the retrogression, right? So I am wondering if I should ask for reschedule? I heard from friend that you can only reschedule to a date after but not before your original one? Should I try anyway, will there be any bad effect on my case if I do so? Thank you very much for any suggestions.

By the way, my case was transfered 04/2005

Goodluck
Your previous post was in chinese that someone translated. Is your interview in Pittsburgh or in Boston? Did your file really get transferred to Boston in 4/2005? Mine was transferred in March 2005 to boston but I still do not have an interview letter.

first, please create a signature (like mine) with all your pertinent info, so we can advise you accordingly.

I-485 got transferred to Boston office today

Hi folks been reading this forum in the last few days, Need some advice

I along with my wife did concurrent 485 (EB2) & 140 filing on June 25th 2003 to the Vermont Service Center. USCIS received the application on June 25th 2003 and the receipt notification date was July 8th 2003. Th PD on I-140 is April 2002.

My I-140 was approved on April 21st 2004. We got our fingerprints taken in November 2004, and the USCIS received the fingerprints results on December 1st 2004.

I faxed a letter to Mr. Peter Novak (The Center Director VSC, requesting expeditious handling of my I-485 petition on Sept 19, 2005, and my request was approved on Sept 20, 2005. (recieved letter from VSC saying that my case met the criteria for special handling.)

I was also informed through the communication's my local Congressman's office had with VSC that both the "Name Check" as well as the "Fingerprint" result have been completed and received by USCIS for review towards the Adjustment of Status decision.

Today morning (September 27th 2005) I received email notification from USCIS that I-485 application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status has been transferred to the USCIS's Boston office.

Apparently what the VSC is claiming that they transferred the file to Boston or faster processing, Why would they add a link if they wanted to do faster processing especially in light of the fact that they had last week approved my expedite request.

What in your opinion should I do, considering that I have a 3-day window before EB2 retrogresses to eternity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck

You really have a 3 day window. InfoPass appointments are available for Boston. If I were you, I would take all the relevant documents, proof of being in status, EVL, recent tax returns and paychecks. See if you can convince them to interview you by 9/30. It is worth a try. Worst thing, they would put your I-485 file on a shelf for 6 years.

I've tried, it is not working

I went to local office yesterday, they said the schedule before 10/1 is full and they can not schedule interview in this time line.
By the way, the office whom your are going to talk with is not the same officer that interview you, so even they want to help you, they just can't.

I-485 got transferred to Boston office today

Pras01 - Yes I do have an "Only 3-day window" I am a resident of NH, so when I tried getting an Infopass appt, with my zip, it would keep guiding me to the Manchester, NH office.
Knowing that my file is in Boston, instead of my home zip, I gave the zip for Boston, and managed to get the Bostond Office for scheduling. I have an appt scheduled for Thursday 11:00 am. I just hope that the officers at Boston District office don't have a cow because I gave a Boston zip, but I am desperate!!!
I am working on making sure that I have all documents that they can possibly ask for available, hoping to gatecrash into the interview thing (especially considering that VSC granted my expedite request, THAT SHOULD COUNT FOR SOMETHING?!? NO?)
Here's the list -
(1) All copies of Tax returns & W2s for the last 4 yrs
(2) paystubs for the last 12 months
(3) an updated employment letter from the EVP of my company with my most recent emmoluments
(4) the whole package that was sent to me as copy from the Attorneys as a a part of the immigration petition submitted to VSC (I-140, I-485 & stuff)
(5) Marriage Certificate

What else do you feel I should take?

BTW pras01, whats EVL? & what do I need to prove that I am in status?

Looking forward to your response

Vikas

Response to Goodluck' Query

Well...
all I said was that I have been in the system for a very long time, and that we have not visited family in almost 3 years, and that the whole uncertainity of the processing does not allow us to plan & raise a family.
and that we would like to buy a house towards that, but we are extremely uneasy about the investment....
For whatever that amounts, my request (for expedite) was approved....
Of course based on the developements as of today (with the case being trabsferred to Boston) I am not holding too much hope & not trying to (as my wife suggests) setting myself up for disappointment....
Its tough my friend!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Infopass and Boston

I went to Boston office today with an InfoPass appointment to ask about my I-485 interview. My File was transferred on 3/16 and it is >180 days. I have made 2 congressional enquiries- both times the answer was that my file is 'on the shelf waiting to be svheduled for interview'. So today, after wasting an entire day, >$50 ($25 for parking and $25 for gas), I received the same answer. When I pointed out that someone whose file was transferred in April 2005 is already received an interview date, the answer was you will get yours too 'in a few months'. The officer was in Rm E-160 (interviews are held in Rm E-170). So the officer had no access to my physical file and only looked it up in her computer. I asked about security check and she said 'since there is no flag that says security check is pending, it may be assumed that security check is complete'. It was very frustrating. I could have gotten the same response from the NCSC or from the congressional office without wasting my money and time. Meanwhile, I have filed for my 4th EAD. Did anyone else have better luck?

Re: - Pras01's Infopass & visit to Boston

Pras01 -
sorry to hear about yr day.... You are not affected by retrogression, are you?
what does "file being on the shelf" mean? Are they saying there are other people in the queue ahead of you?

I am going to Boston tommorow @11 am. Unfortunately even though the USCIS website says that my file has been transferred to Boston, apparently it is still at the VSC, will ship out tonight...

Had the congressman's office call the Boston office, and apparently the officer she talked to did not sound too concerned about the retrogression or the file not physically being in Boston yet...

BTW from my previous email, what in addition to the stuff I have listed do you feel I should take with me? What can I take as proof of being in status?

Also where do you park? Is there a parking garage close to the Boston District office? Ist time I will be going there

Any help appreciated

Vikas

Good luck!

vsaksena said:
Pras01 -
sorry to hear about yr day.... You are not affected by retrogression, are you?

... No, my case has been pending so long that even the retrogression bomb missed me (by 4 months)!

what does "file being on the shelf" mean? Are they saying there are other people in the queue ahead of you?

...It is a professional way of saying that it is gathering dust and no one has touched it. You see, local offices have their own 'Q' that starts on the 'date a file is received by them', not the day it is received by the service center. this makes their processing time look good. so my file arrived on 3/16/05 and according to boston office processing time, it is not delayed at all. 'I need to be patient and let all those other files that arrived before me be processed first'!!!

I am going to Boston tommorow @11 am. Unfortunately even though the USCIS website says that my file has been transferred to Boston, apparently it is still at the VSC, will ship out tonight...

Had the congressman's office call the Boston office, and apparently the officer she talked to did not sound too concerned about the retrogression or the file not physically being in Boston yet...

...Interviews are in Rm E-170. InfoPass allows you in Rm E-160. I had the feeling that Rm E-160 staff is not familiar with E-170 procedures. Although the notice outside of E-170 says "interview by appointment", try to meet a staff in Rm E-170 with your approved expedite request (I didn't see a security man outside the door). I wasted a whole day in Rm E-160 and learnt that my file is gathering dust and will continue to do so.

BTW from my previous email, what in addition to the stuff I have listed do you feel I should take with me? What can I take as proof of being in status?

...Take all your H1 or any other visa approvals, and that of your derivatives.

Also where do you park? Is there a parking garage close to the Boston District office? Ist time I will be going there

...There is a Gov. center parking right across the JFK building next to the Police Station. It costs $25 (rip off!). There are several other parking lots. you can park anywhere and take a walk. It will rain tomorrow, so be prepared. Dress for the metal detector (I wore a jacket with too many chains and set the metal detector off).

Any help appreciated

Vikas

Theoretically, I can wait till doomsday but I am going to India in Nov. and am worried that my interview letter or date may acrew up my trip.

mailing address to Boston office I can feed into Mapquest/Yahoo

Do you have an address I could use to get directions?
Pls let me know

Uscis

I don't. You can go to the USCIS website- Field offices- Click on the alphabet M for massachusetts- Boston District office and they have a map.

What is ASC code 2 biometric for?

I am trying to renew my EAD now. I sent it to Chicargo office and got the receipt today. It said that I need to do ASC code 2 biometric (I did my FP already and it expire untill next year). Does any body have the same experices? Thanks for any information

By the way, Pras01, I think you will get interview notice anytime from now. I know one more friend got it yesterday.