Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

toughdba

Registered Users (C)
Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER. Updated 06/26/2003

Hi,

I am attaching a spreadsheet which I compiled of all the cases which I can see in this website regarding boston transfer cases. I have started a thread under I-485 issues vermont with the same information. Please feel free to add to this thread. Send me an email at tough_dba@yahoo.com to update the spreadsheet with any relevant details.

Thanks,

Toughdba.

CHANGES:

1. 02/06/2003: Updated the details of INDxx.
2. 02/10/2003: Gpt my interview notice. Updated spreadsheet. Toughdba.
3. 04/0142003: Priyadev had their interview on 3/31/2003. As per their postings, it went pretty good. They got their approval letter on 4/4/2003
4. Update: Bostonfish and 485101701 got interviewed and approved
5. Update: 08/05/2003. Toughdba interviewed/approved/stamped.
6. Update: 8/14/2003. Yoda got transferred to Boston BCIS.
8. Update: 8/21/2003. CYJ2002 got approved.
9. Update: 9/18/2003. akrish got transferred to Boston BCIS. Got interview on 11/10/2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got interview notice

Hi,

I got the interview notice for self and spouse from boston INS. Interview date is set to 05-Aug-2003. Interview notice date is 05-FEB-2003.

Thanks,

Toughdba.

Hi everyone,

Any new Boston Transfers ? Any new interviews at Boston ? Please update the forum or this thread.

Thanks,

Toughdba.

Hi,

My details:
RD = 9/21/01
ND = 11/15/01
EAD = 11/29/01
FP = 1/11/02
AD = 9/23/02
EB3 Canada
EAC-02-038-5XXXX

I posted a message in the '485 Issues in Vermont Service Center' forum but I'll post it here too. My wife and I were approved in September, 2002, got our passports stamped in October, and received our cards in November. Last week my lawyer sent me a copy of a letter from the INS (issued in February 2003) that said that they had completed the preliminary processing on my wife's case and that her file had been transferred to the Boston office for an interview. My lawyer thinks this is a mistake and sent them a letter telling them so. If this is not a mistake it would be a dangerous precedent.

I checked the AVM and online case status both of which used to say for myself and my wife that we had been approved. Now the AVM and online case status continue to say that I have been approved but that my wife's case has been transferred to Boston for an interview.

This is riduculous. When will it end?

Priyadev got interviewed/approved and got their approval letter

FYI,

Priyadev got interviewed/approved at Boston INS. As per their postings on this website, they got their approval letter by mail on 4/4/2003.

Congratulations Priyadev!!!!

Regards,

Toughdba.

INDxx got approved.

From INDXX:

Hi,
i forgot my password to post message in
immigrationportal.com.
my details(I485....EB2)

RD: 09/06/2001
Transfered to Boston Local office:10/21/2002
Interview notice received on :11/17/2002(not
exactly....but it is around this date)
Interview date: 03/31/2003
Approval date: 04/25/2003
Approval notice received on :04/28/2003( to lawyer)

Interview experience:
My company is NY based, and labour is filed from NY.

Question by officer: what are you doing here in
Boston?
took I94, employee letter, paystubs.

Said that "some Clerical work has to be done on your
case and it will take few weeks."

Please post my details on form.
IF possible post this question also..
With in how many days can we expect cards...

2nd FP completed today

Hi,

Myself and my Wife went for our 2nd FP this morning. Reached INS office at 170 portland st at 8:20 am. Showed the letter/passport/EAD to the receptionist and she verified the passport and took our EAD, pinned it to the FP letter and said she will have to give it to her supervisor. Had to wait in the hall which was 75% full at that time. Had to fill up a form with our details in the mean time.

At around 9:45 our name was called and the officer handed over our EAD/FP letter and gave a token. Waited for another 45 minutes and went in when our numbers got displayed on the counter. The FP took only 10 minutes to take and our prints came out fine in the first attempt itself. Officer asked us to verify our name/dob etc., info on the computer screen and we did. I had to write down my phone number and the address on the FP letter. My wife did not have to. The officer handed over our EAD cards and the form which we had filled and said "All set. you can go now". Was out of the building by around 10:55.

Got to go for the Interview on Aug 5th.

FOR FP:

1. Go as early as possible so that you can beat the crowd.
2. Parked at an open garage next to a gas station close to the INS center. Cost me $18 . I did not bother to check for any alternatives.
3. Take PP and EAD along with your FP letter
4. Note down your SSN and A# if you cant remember it cos its needed when you fill up the form
5. Keep your hands clean :)

Regards,

Toughdba.

Update: Bostonfish and 485101701 got interviewed and approved

FYI,

Update: Bostonfish and 485101701 got interviewed and approved. Check the attached spreadsheet in the beginning of this thread for details of 20 people who have got transferred to boston.

Thanks,

Toughdba.

Good wish

Hi toughdba, First of all I wish you have a successful interview next week. Also please update my info in your datasheet based on my new user profile. One question for the interview. Are you going to bring your I485 receipt (notice) with you when you go next Tuesday? Or is the I140 approval notice enough?

Hi cyj2002,

Thank you. I am carrying all the documents which I have recieved from INS. I have photocopies of the I-485 receipt and the original I-140 with me. I dont want to leave anything at home and go to the interview and then worry about it later. Crossing my fingers and praying for a easy interview :).

I will update immigrationportal.com on tuesday with the interview details.

Regards,

Toughdba.

Good Luck toughdba

i gather yours is a AC21 case, isn't it.
good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Mine is not an AC21 case. I have been with the same company all along. Just changing clients. Moved from NJ to MA when I got this project and RFE came after that. I guess that triggered the transfer. I will find out tommorrow and update this website after the Interview.

Regards,

Toughdba.

Interviewed and approved in Boston

FYI,

We had our I-485 interview this morning at 10:00 am in Boston BCIS office. The interview lasted only 15 minutes and we got our approval. The officer stamped both our passports and said that we will recieve our green cards in 6 months.

Details:

Reached JFK building at 9:30. After the security check reached the room E170 at 9:45. Took the I-89 form and affixed index finger print and signature and then gave it to the officer at the desk. At 10:05 we were called in for our interview.

Questions:

1. Are you working for the same employer who filed your I-485.
2. Current address.
3. Place of birth.
4. Why are you working in RI when your company is in IL (Answered by saying that this was my company's client)
5. All other questions were the standard Yes/No Questions regarding arrests, court appearances, any terrorist organization affiliation etc.,

Documents asked:

1. Employment letter
2. I-140 approval
3. SSN Cards for self and spouse
4. Marriage certificate
5. Passport with I-94
4. Current EAD Cards

Documents carried:

1. Everything that we had :)

After the 15 minutes interview officer asked for the EAD cards and then told us that he will now check for the Visa number availability and asked us to wait outside. We came out at 10:20 am. Waited for 20 minutes and at 10:40 the officer came out with the stamped passports and the original approval notice. Asked us to verify the details like name/address, A#. Everything was fine. Thanked him and went home at 10:45 am.

The officer was a very professional and courteous person. We were tensed in the beginning but after 5 minutes he put us at ease and after that everything was fine.

After all the tensions we had, its a big relief to know that we have the GC now.

I wish all of you good luck. This site has been very useful to keep track of experiences of lots of people. Thanks to Rajeev Khanna for this wonderful site and all the people who are posting their experiences here.

I will update rupnet.com today.

I will stick around in this forum and do my best to share my experience with people who would like to know it. I will update the spreadsheet attached with this thread later with my details since it is in my work laptop.

Thanks and Good luck to everyone .

Toughdba

toughdba:

Did you bring your lawyer with you ? If no, was you asked to sign a waiver paper ?

Thanks,
YLB2.

YLB2,

Sorry I missed that detail. I did not take my lawyer to the interview since she is in Michigan. They asked us to sign and date a form which said that we are bieng interviewed without the lawyer.

The officer was very professional and courteous and he finished the whole thing in 15 minutes. I was surprised.

Mine was a straightforward case. Same employer. Only that I moved from NJ to MA and when I replied for the RFE last year, I guess the change of address triggered the transfer. Also the transfer letter said that they are transfering the case to speed it up (It just delayed it by 8 months).

Thanks,

Toughdba.

toughdba,

Thanks a lot for the info.

It is encouraging to hear that Boston is working!
Enjoy your freedom :D and forget all this AOS nightmare! :mad:
(Though we will miss you on this board).

Best,
YLB2.

interview finished and passports stamped (08/21/2003)

Hi there, we finished the interview this morning and to my surprise our passports (me and my wife) also got stamped.
Since our second FP was done less than three weeks ago I am not expecting the background check would be done at the time of interview. No special question during the IV and the whole process took about twenty minutes or so. Although my case is NIW related, somehow my attorney strongly recommend me to bring the employment letter and it turned out to be correct ! The Officer spent a lot of time to exam the letter and for several times he went back to looked at it for some kind of info for God's sake.

Any way, many thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this wonderful forum and it is the best to my knowledge and also thanks a lot for Greaty-K for keeping rupnet.com running. The information is nothing but overwhelming. I have been amazed by how those Indian and Chinese folks try to keep this forum floating. As a feedback, I would like to answer any question that I could answer although it may not be in a timely fashion since the blast virus has screwed up my computers both at home and office. Of course I should not forget the kindness from God and I am going to thank HIM in other ways.

Your cases will be approved and God blesses you all.

The last thing, deal with INS people sincerely. I went to INS Boston office several times in the last few weeks because of some tricky issues and what I found is they want to get the job done as long as they feel you are honest.

Last edited by a moderator: