Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

You are so right!

I got my interview letter today. My interview is just 4 days before I am leaving for india! Whew!

I sent my EAD to my lawyer. He plans to send it to VSC with a big note that my A#File is in Boston. I believe the Boston office will schedule Biometrics. But I do not know. In the past, I have always e-filed and taken an appointment for biometrics, but that was before the file transfer to local office.

Id

Is my interview letter different from others? Here is how it reads:

"you must bring the following items to the interview: ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS, I-94, PASSPORT, MEDICAL EXAMINATION (IF PREVIOUSLY NOT SUBMITTED), DOCUMENTS OF YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE AND _____.
If your application is based on an offer of employment, bring an updated offer of permanent employment from the petitioner."

As you can see, the letter is not in formatted to allow 'checking' of any of the items. It doesn't say I need to bring 2-passport pictures. Is that odd or is it usual.

Visited Boston office on Sept 30th

PRAS01 CONGRATS on getting the interview letter...

wanted to post an update.

We went to the Boston office (Ouch parking is expensive - $32)
The initial officer in Rm 160 was nice, she was patient & listened to my whole story, checked into the computers, but the file was still not at Boston (enroute to Boston from VSC)....
at this stage the going just went downhill, She asked one of her colleagues about how long before an expedite case gets to Boston from VSC, and this other woman (an African american - WITH A MAJOR CHIP ON HER SHOULDER), she said it takes four-six weeks, and without saying the exact words conveyed her opinin loosely translated to "Tough Luck; Sxxx Happens" I mentioned to her that my congressman's office had talked to the congressional liason (an officer by the name Tony) & he had suggested that I should still come down to Boston, so that we could talk, and this woman outright lied. She said there was no officer by that name in the Boston office & the congressional liason's name was not Tony, and there was no way she could permit me to talk to the liason. Very openly hostile & condescending
She stepped away at this point & I requested the initial officer I was talking to earlier (a lady by the name Jackie). She said she would talk to her supervisor & see what she could do for me.

The supervisor (Officer Pimm) then came over & I narrated the whole thing to her, & she admitted that the congressional's liason was inded Tony (Antonio) & she said she was going to ask him, if he would like to meet me. At this stage the hostile woman came to Officer Pimm, and said "Why are you wasting time with these guys, I have told them all they need to know". I was shocked at her attitude. Fortunately the supervisor did not heed her advice.

She went in and within a few minutes came out with Tony. Tony was a real gentleman, He genuinely felt bad for us, and said that it was unfortunate that my file was still enroute, else he would have had my petition approved before the 30th.

He did say that he would make sure that as soon as my file gets to the Boston Office, he would work on getting me an interview & ensure that all formalities are taken care of, so that as soon as the VISA numbers gets available, we would get the petition approved. Tony asked us to make sure that we keep on top of things going forward, and stay on a weekly contact with him. He was very nice & well-mannered going so far as to ask us if we would have any hardships resulting because of the retrogresion on my job front. He addressed my wife as Ma'am. SUCH A HUGE CONTRAST TO THE OTHER OFFICER.

Now my question to pras01 and others on the board is -
"Can an interview be scheduled, even when VISA numbers are retrogressed"?

Please let me know, I would appreciate any help & feedbacks...

Regards

Vikas

Vsaksena,
Sorry about your experience. Yes, Boston has been conducting interviews even though visa# are not available. They have been telling applicants at interview that an approval letter will be mailed to them as soon as visa# are available.

Giedrys,
My interview is at Boston Rm E-170 (another $50 hit)!

Pras01,
I received the similar interview letter that you have. Did not ask for any special document. Since my name check may be pending, I probably have to wait even after interview. My case was tranfered to Boston in March 2005 and interview date is Nov. 16. Please share your experience after your are done.
Question
Why do you renew your EAD through Vermont instead of Chicago since your file has transferred to local office?

Pras01,
Did you submit digital or non-digital photo to renew your EAD? They asked non-digital photo when I renewed my AP last time.
Thanks

non-dig

Non-digital. By their own rules, they should accept digital as well but some officers don't know the new rules. why take a risk. If you e-file I-765, the biometrics take digital pictures anyway. But since I paper-filed, I sent non-digital pics.

Ead

For EB based I-485, the I-765 for EAD still needs to go to the service center where the case is pending. My case is now with VSC and Boston is under VSC. VSC will transfer my I-765 to Boston. Local offices do not accept I-765 (according to a post in this forum) and they do not mail EAD. One has to get the EAD in person (identity verification).
Steele, is the language of your letter exactly similar to mine? I have posted my letter in a separate thread under VSC "is this normal letter?" Please let me know.
Thanks.

Pras01,
The documents they ask for in the interview letter is exactly the same as yours. When I had an info pass a few months ago, the officer said EAD should go through Chicago. I am confused now... I will ask my lawyer when he submits the application sometime this month.
Question:
Where do you take non-digital photos? It is difficult to find a place to take these non-digital photos.
Thanks

Your lawyer is not good at all!!!

Gunachris said:
My lawyer said Copy of all original is not required. ????

Everybody should know that copies of all possible original documents are a MUST to bring for interview.
It is unacceptable for a lawyer to advice you not to bring copies.

E-160

Every time I go to the JFK building in Boston, I get a couple of pitures taken from the lady in Rm E-160. She takes polaroids and I have never had any problems with submitting her pictures. You can take non-dig pics in a traditional photographic shop, not kinko's.

please update

Some of you must be getting interviewed this month. Please update your experiences.

big delay in my interview

can anyone explain me why I did not receive an interview date yet, even if my transfer date to Boston is 09/14/2004 ??????????

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 14, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in BOSTON, MA for processing. Our office in BOSTON, MA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

ggoaga said:
can anyone explain me why I did not receive an interview date yet, even if my transfer date to Boston is 09/14/2004 ??????????

Did you just receive the notice? In that case could be a typo and could mean 09/14/2005. If not, you should give them a call.

Td 9/14/04

If your TD is really 9/14/04, immediately complain to your congressman and follow-up. They may have transferred your file to another local office or sent an interview letter to the wrong address and may even be considering denial of your application for failure to show up at interview (abandonment of your I-485). You could also take an InfoPass appointment and go ask Boston. The online processing date for Boston I-485 is Dec 2004. Take a print-out and fax your congressman - your TD is 9/14/04. Take the print-out to your InfoPass appointment and ask them why you didn't get your interview letter yet.