Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

YES the processing of EAD app has indeed changed. I sent (by post) my renewal app to Chicago office along with photo etc. Y'day I received a receipt notice saying I will have to make an appt and go for Biometric info at ASC. This is my 4th EAD too.
Thinks are getting worst and worst..

Yes, maybe we should do sth and give some pressure on Boston office. How? Just complain to Senators/Congressmen? Who has a good idea? I have complained and seem nothing.

If they like to let you wait for one year, you have no way to deal with. Then it can happens to become two years, three years since you have to do nothing except waiting.

Actually I believe these cases should be easy if they want to deal with them. You know, Credit card companies can do the background checking and print the card in one or two weeks. No more than complicate than that. Of course, this is goverment.
giedrys said:
PEOPLE, how much longer???????? We are thinking about writing/calling state senators/ Mr. President. Soon it's going to be a year since our case got transferred, and nothing. The worst of all, is that Boston Office has no accountability and they can keep the cases for as long as they wish! :mad: once a case gets transferred to boston, it's like a black hole...

Boston interview

Does Boston still conduct the interview? Some people mentioned Boston might suspend intervew like Newark until Oct. 2005. Is that true? Please post...

According to experience dealing with USCIS, the bad news is always true and the good news may not.

Interview

Finally the interview is over not the wait begines. Went into room took oath. Officer asked
ssn card
ead
passport
Employment Letter

Asked general questions like have i being arrested etc. At the end he said he will let me know the results between 2 weeks to a month.

Any body has any idea how long it takes to get the approval now.

Hi, Curiousboy,
At last you have the interview. Good for you. As I remember, your TD is June. Mine is Nov.
curiousboy said:
Finally the interview is over not the wait begines. Went into room took oath. Officer asked
ssn card
ead
passport
Employment Letter

Asked general questions like have i being arrested etc. At the end he said he will let me know the results between 2 weeks to a month.

Any body has any idea how long it takes to get the approval now.

My case had been transfered to boston office in Nov. 2004 and did not get any letter yet. going through infopass to ask a officer, he said that I am in the list which have a lot in front of me. He estimated I could get interview in June. keep finger cross. This is good thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview - Pending

Got interview in the first week of March '05. I was told, we need to do some clerical work. The final decision will be notified to you in few weeks. Please donot leave the country until furhter notification.
Not heard any thing yet.. Donot even know what the outcome will be..

Final Approval

Finally got a letter from INS and email from lawyer that the case have been approved. Looks like the officer approved it on day of interview itself as the date on the approval is the interview date.

Just got interview letters for self and my wife. The interview date is in the beginning of June. Do we need re-do the medical exam. We have it but done two year ago (my wife also missed some shots due to pregnancy at that time. Does she need to redeem them). Hope everybody here get your interview soon.

how long is the wait after the interview?

I'm a newbie please help. My parents and I were interviewed in Boston on 2/28/05 on my mom's employment based green card. Interview was long but no signs of trouble. My mom received the stamp in her passport right away and 3 weeks later, the actual green card.

However, my father's approval was delayed because we didn't bring a court-certified doc indicating a dismissed arrest of assult and battery. My petition was delayed because FBI lost my most recent finger print. Immigration officier reassured us as soon as he get the documents from my father and I, we would be approved.

My father submitted cour-certified document and I re-did my fingerprint 2 days after the interview 3/2/05. We went to check the status 2 month later on 5/13/05...basically got nothing out of the officiers at infopass boston. I'm so disheartened because I am graduating college in 1 week and can't accept any job offer b/c of the delayed green card. My grandma is turning 80 in a month and I haven't seen her in 9 years. I would really appreciate any insight/help anyone can offer as to how much longer we have to wait till they get to our case.

transferred to bos, but live in maryland

folks,

I just realized that my case was transferred to boston, although ins' webpage said it has been transferred to Baltimore local office in Jan 3 2005.
My question is what should I do now? How long does it take to get interview in Boston? Can I keep my case in Boston and do the interview?

Thanks,

sc

Did anyone get interviewed/ receive interview letter from Boston office lately? Please keep this thread alive. It seems that Hartford, Newark, Washington , NYC, Phylli people are getting interviewed almost every day and posting their experiences but none from the Boston office.

I have not heard anything from Bsoton Office yet.........

Thanks

pras01 said:
Did anyone get interviewed/ receive interview letter from Boston office lately? Please keep this thread alive. It seems that Hartford, Newark, Washington , NYC, Phylli people are getting interviewed almost every day and posting their experiences but none from the Boston office.

Doar, Rqtang, Post your info.

I know several of you guys had interview in July. Please post you experience here. It would help those of us waiting anxiously.

Hi, Pras01,

Yes, the waiting is a very bad feeling. My interview experience is pretty straight and my case is very normal and actually I expected it should be approved in VSC. Our case is EB2, same employer for (5.5 years) and ...

We went there 1 hour earlier and accompanied with attorney since my company paid for this cost.

When we were called in, the officer let us show driver liscence, employment letter, pay slips, passport etc. And ask the question almost the same as I485 form and check them lots of "NO"s. 

The only thing is she queried why my daughter's birth certificate has no father's name(she was born in US). I said I don't know and maybe they forget it (this is truth). My wife said she could prove this point and should her the passport of my daughter and she looks like me very much.

Since you are EB1, I don't know the differences. However, according to my attorney, it seems that the officer has no reason to reject the case since everything looks fine.

Hi, Pras01,

forget one thing. It seems the query from attorney did make sense. The interview letter was received after 3 weeks after the query.

The same thing happened to my I140 3 years ago. When my attorney queried, it was approved very soon.