Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

No FPs yet

Congratulations shoskere. You must be feeling relieved. Wish you the best of luck with your life after GC.

sarwarmd, I would think that is a good sign, definitely. They are working on the kids' folders. Have they done biometrics yet?

Geofu54,
No, I did not receive any finger printing notices yet.
Thanks,

LUD and RFE/ approval pattern of late?

Waiting for spouse's approval - abt 2 months now.

All these days TSC kept saying that they are waiting for a file from somewhere??

1 SR- under review-60 days.

We see a LUD on 10/25 - no message change!

Any hopes or pattern here?

Thanks
-----------------------------------
self eb3
approval - sept 07

spouse - waiting !
==================================

Looks like at least SR reply doesn't mention anything about security check as a reason for the delay, which is a good thing. Is your PD current?

Waiting for spouse's approval - abt 2 months now.

All these days TSC kept saying that they are waiting for a file from somewhere??

1 SR- under review-60 days.

We see a LUD on 10/25 - no message change!

Any hopes or pattern here?

Thanks
-----------------------------------
self eb3
approval - sept 07

spouse - waiting !
==================================

no, my pd is not current.

no message update so far.

hope some one in similar stage can asnwer the following question:
My spouse's AP is up for renewal. I would usually apply for both and hence send supporting docs like my 140 approval, i-485 copy etc.

Is it still reqd for primary to apply on behalf of derivative?, now that my GC is done.

Thanks

No, it's not required. In fact, I-485 belongs to each applicant, and because AP and EAD depend on pending I-485, each applicant can apply for them independently.

My spouse filed for AP when her I-485 was pending (after my approval) with her own name. Every enclosed material was her own, except for a copy of my I-140 approval notice. This in fact is not required per the instruction, but as we had seen REFs were issued now and then for I-140 approval notice copy, she went ahead and included it from the beginning.

She also mentioned in the cover letter that her pending I-485 was as derivative eligibility (as me primary).

Hope this helps.

no, my pd is not current.

no message update so far.

hope some one in similar stage can asnwer the following question:
My spouse's AP is up for renewal. I would usually apply for both and hence send supporting docs like my 140 approval, i-485 copy etc.

Is it still reqd for primary to apply on behalf of derivative?, now that my GC is done.

Thanks

Update.
LUD changed on my wife's case on Friday and Monday. I got a call from our local USCIS office this morning (had an infopass appt. a week ago). They informed me, that the TSC had sent a RFE/NOID for the case. I am sure this is about incomplete medical examination, but yet have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD on my wife's case 10/30/07

I see a LUD on my wife's case. RFE was responded on 10/19/07 and saw two more luds on 10/22 and 10/23.

Today another one.....Just waiting with a pounding heart after seeing the lud today...

Just an update for everybody...

another LUD today 10/31/07

hmmm....its good to have LUD, but why so many???? I had only 2...

10/19 (RFE received) ,10/22,10/23,10/30 & on 10/31..

Kid is waiting, mother got a LUD on approved 485. Any meaning?

Hi
As in my signature, I and my wife were approved Sept 6 and Oct 2, our kid is still waiting, no LUD since March.
Just found my wife got a LUD on her approved 485. Any relation? Please advise.
Regards

Hey guys,

My wife's case got LUD on 10/29, 10/30 and 11/01 after responding to TB skin test RFE. I don't know what is going on...

Good Luck!

Who is the primary? Your wife or yourself?

Hi
As in my signature, I and my wife were approved Sept 6 and Oct 2, our kid is still waiting, no LUD since March.
Just found my wife got a LUD on her approved 485. Any relation? Please advise.
Regards

Looks like a lot of LUDs these days...

Not sure exactly what is going on of course, but clearly TSC is working on those pending cases of you guys' dependents and so they are making some progress. I'm very glad... hopefully those LUDs are the prelude to their approval. Keep everyone posted, thanks!

Guys,

LUD again today!

Do you know anyone whose derivative got approved since retrogression? I believe retrogression will affect the waiting derivatives as well... I would like to be wrong on this one. I was hoping that a visa would have assigned to her case. I don't know how it works now? Any thoughts ?

I believe myself and my kids got approved on assigned visa on our cases. I had lost all the hopes and miraculously our approval came. I hope it does for my wife and all others waiting for their derivatives approvals.

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

This is interesting....

My son received card on October 1st and today he had a LUD with following message

Current Status: Card Mailed

On September 27, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

lud updates

There was again a LUD on my spouse case on 11/04/2007. Donno what's going on...

If you have couple of minutes, can you please list all LUDs for your waiting derivative cases. that will help in knowing your LUDs trend. If possible, please include in your signature.
Thanks

Hi Sarwar

If your kids are under 14, the USCIS requires only the photo and not the finger prints. Send 2 photos to
USCIS/TSC
Attn: Data Entry/Photo
PO Box No. 850997
Mesquite - Tx 75185-0997

Just mention in the covering letter as follows:
As my son/daughter, <your kids name>, is under 14 years of age, I am enclosing his 2 Passport size photographs for his/her Permanent Resident Card.

Contents include:
1) 2 Photos
2) Photocopy of my son’s I-485 Approval Notice (if received for your kids)

send it by Express mail with signature required option. You will get your kid's GC within 10 to 12 days. These instructions were given by an IO when I called the USCIS/TSC for my son's GC and I followed it and got the GC for my son.

Good Luck!

Without Approval notice too

Hi Sarwar

If your kids are under 14, the USCIS requires only the photo and not the finger prints. Send 2 photos to
USCIS/TSC
Attn: Data Entry/Photo
PO Box No. 850997
Mesquite - Tx 75185-0997

Just mention in the covering letter as follows:
As my son/daughter, <your kids name>, is under 14 years of age, I am enclosing his 2 Passport size photographs for his/her Permanent Resident Card.

Contents include:
1) 2 Photos
2) Photocopy of my son’s I-485 Approval Notice (if received for your kids)

send it by Express mail with signature required option. You will get your kid's GC within 10 to 12 days. These instructions were given by an IO when I called the USCIS/TSC for my son's GC and I followed it and got the GC for my son.

Good Luck!

Hi Binesh,
I really really appreciate your initiative in giving me the that feedback. My kids have not received their 485's approval yet.
Do you mean there is no need for me to wait for the approval of their 485s!
Thanks a lot,
Sarwar