Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

Atlast I got approval email for my spouse :). My I-485 was approved on 09/18/2007. I waited for almost 3 weeks and then opened an SR at TSC for my spouse case. After that, things start moving quickly. At the time of creating SR the representative told me that both case should have been processed together, somehow these got seperated. So in my personal opinion it is good to open an SR if both cases were filed together but not approved together.

Also if you are panning to call service center it is good to call early in the morning as its a start of their day and they may be fresh. In my case the lady was very helpful and encouraging.

EB2 - WORLD (TSC)
LUDs on Spouse 485 - 2/21, 10/21(RFE Birth Cert), (RFE Rcvd by TSC)10/30, 11/11 (card production Order mail)
Service Request Created. 10/04/2007
Primary I-485 APPROVED - 09/18/2007

Congrats and lucky you.
Can I call on behalf of my spouse as I am the primary. My spouse is too busy to hold on to phone for 30 minutes during any work day.

Congratulations baigimran!

knowDOL, it must be applicants themselves (at least that's what they say). Others can call, however, if they are applicant's guardians or representatives or in the applicants presence beside the phone.

Our first call to TSC was by me. We thought it would be accepted because I am the primary (and she wasn't beside me, she was at work). I ignored the automated message to that effect above and got hold of an IO. But the IO said she could not talk to me unless I was the applicant of the inquired case or unless the applicant was present.

Congrats and lucky you.
Can I call on behalf of my spouse as I am the primary. My spouse is too busy to hold on to phone for 30 minutes during any work day.

She has to be with you at the time of call. In response to my SR, yesterday I received a response from TSC dated 11/05/2007 that my wife's case is outside processing time. But I still recomend opening an SR if your priority date has reached.

Congrats and lucky you.

I called on behalf of my spouse but the IO refused to listen anything including expired EAD and interim EAD request for my spouse. Probably we will fedex our request including copies of all notices. Half hour holding on to phone, during a workday seems impossible for my spouse until December 1stweek. If any one tried fax number to expedite I485 and I765 please share. I have RFE fax number but I am not sure if I should (mis) use that.

No fax number that I'm sure of... but ever tried contacting Ombudsman? It takes some time, but they will open a formal inquiry to CIS for you.

I called on behalf of my spouse but the IO refused to listen anything including expired EAD and interim EAD request for my spouse. Probably we will fedex our request including copies of all notices. Half hour holding on to phone, during a workday seems impossible for my spouse until December 1stweek. If any one tried fax number to expedite I485 and I765 please share. I have RFE fax number but I am not sure if I should (mis) use that.

The December bulletin has bad news for us. The dates are retrogressed to 01Jan02 for EB2 India. No hope again until how long... we do not know..
My spouse's EAD got two LUDs yesterday and today with status still as received and pending. I hope it is EAD approval. EAD is pending more than 110 days as of today. These LUD's we are seeing after sending a request to expedite EAD processing by Fedex.

I hope they do something with my spouse's 485 too.

I think it was StillAlive (and some other people too) who was told by an IO that he and his wife could expect a number for her in October and on, even if the PD was not current (we had some discussion here about that matter in September, I remember). So what the heck was that IO talking about? Yes, technically, if the primary PD is retrogressed, the waiting derivatives have to wait until it becomes current. But we heard about not a few cases who were told "On October." Does that mean those IOs are simply clueless? But this is the very basics of GC process. I just don't get it.

As for the bulletin, the cut-off date is bad, and the prospect (at the bottom of the bulletin) is no better either.

No update on EAD today. Is there a chance that the last two updates on 14th and 15th for EAD means approval? Has anyone experiences similar update with not message change but received card at home. Please share. thanks

Its me and that dumb IO told all those things. Now I have to wait for ever with 2005 PD :(

I think it was StillAlive (and some other people too) who was told by an IO that he and his wife could expect a number for her in October and on, even if the PD was not current (we had some discussion here about that matter in September, I remember). So what the heck was that IO talking about? Yes, technically, if the primary PD is retrogressed, the waiting derivatives have to wait until it becomes current. But we heard about not a few cases who were told "On October." Does that mean those IOs are simply clueless? But this is the very basics of GC process. I just don't get it.

As for the bulletin, the cut-off date is bad, and the prospect (at the bottom of the bulletin) is no better either.

prefer to approve i-485

No update on EAD today. Is there a chance that the last two updates on 14th and 15th for EAD means approval? Has anyone experiences similar update with not message change but received card at home. Please share. thanks

USCIS rather prefer to approve I-485 if possible. That way they can reduce processing EADs. I mean USCIS may prefer to approve i-485 rather than approving any EAD.

We also prefer the same. But the current EAD is expired 10 days ago and employer wanted the copy of renewal approval. We are just holding on to 14tha dn 15th LUDs on EAD and imagining that the card will come home by Monday. Today is 110th day after we applied for EAD.

Guys is this a Standard msg ? Decision within 60 days ? pls let me know

We received your response to our request for evidence. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.

Did they mention that they'll make a decision within 60 days, when you received you RFE response.

Pls let me know. thanks

Update on my wife's case. Medical NOID was received on Nov 1, replied back on Nov 13, acknowledged by USCIS on Nov 15.
I-485 approved on Nov 16. It's over. She's happy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear me

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please post me your wife's PD ? my pd is 4/2003. I know it's not current and have no chance to get my approval. Also did you get a reply similar to the one that I've posted. I mean decision within 60 days.

I've just cleared out my signature ;-)
It was EB-2 ROW. PD:4/4/6. I also had earlier EB-3 PD with the same employer, but never transferred it to my EB-2 case. My I-485 was appoved in the end of June.

Yes, her case status message had a passage about 60 days. Fortunately, it took 1 day after the response to NOID had been acknowledged by USCIS.

Dear me

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please post me your wife's PD ? my pd is 4/2003. I know it's not current and have no chance to get my approval. Also did you get a reply similar to the one that I've posted. I mean decision within 60 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi There,

My NOID notice date was Oct 4th with 30 days to submit (Nov 4th - Sunday) - I didn't get this notice until Oct 19th when I put a call into my immigration & then my lawyer.
Sent docs to lawyer Oct 25th and then my lawyer didn't sent the docs until Nov 2nd...really upset about that.

I recieved an LUD & notice change below:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 13, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I have recieved LUD 11/14 & 11/15

I hope that they recieved it on time and that they will go by post marked date...anyone with any insight?

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Thanks again and god bless you.

Let me wait and see.