Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

Hi geofu,

USCIS can do anything and sometimes there won't be any link while they send response to your request.

stay cool..

Same is with me.
I got SR response for my son which says application approved but wait for biometrics to be done needed for card production.

congrats

My son's got approved :) - Still my spouse is pending. Hope it gets approved soon.

congrats johngc.
I think we both got approved the same date. I am still waiting for the approval of my daughter and son. Enquiries with IO told me that it is with officer and asked me to give some time.
I raised an SR, but no reply so far!

I raised SR for all of us on 07/13/2007 even before mine was approved , got no reply. But now we both got approved

Now i am worried about my spouse . He travels a lot (some times used 3rd copy of AP running out of space on first two) . we were told that NC is clear. Never know what is the truth.

Hi all,

is the following message a routine one?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF HIGHLIGHTED SENTENCE (RED)?

A wave of approvals...

Good to see many long-time waiters are finally approved today... hopefully their family members are approved together.

johngc, congratulations! Hope your wife will hear good news too!

madgu, yeah, you are right. I think I know too well about their stupidity, but they keep coming up with creative ways to screw it up. Sigh. We gotta be patient. As for the message, I have no idea -- does that mean it is transferred to a local office??? Did you get that message today?

yellowrocks, CONGRATULATIONS! Your thread brought a huge smile to my face. So well deserved, dude. I hope your wife will get it approved soon. Give me her details here and I can add it to the tracker.

My GC journey Ends hers. Got the card production order for my wife too.

On August 21, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Good luck to all of you folks. You will get it soon.

Wife's case approved

My wife's case got approved last night (8/21). I was approved on 7/14. She had LUDs on 8/10,12,13.

Jounry ends here for us..good luck to every one who is pending. One thing is very clear, if you have LUD for couple of times on 485 without apparent reason, it will be approved in 8-10 days after that.

Waiting for my wife's Case

I got my approval, but my wife's LUD has not yet changed from 7/12, do i have to call TSC again, I called 2 times last week, is it good to call them, suggest something guys, what to do iam in confusion now....they told me to wait patiently and it will be in normal process.(i dont know how many more years they will take).

If i call do i have to mention about my case approval, or is it good to take an infopass appointment.

My case got approval on 13th of this month and i received my card and approval notice also.

please suggest something.....

This is what it shows for my wife 7/12 LUD

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On June 13, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Congratulations, checkmate, wheretogo, and H1ZONE! Now your whole family can finally celebrate. I'm happy for ya guys!

We have been trying both ways (and others), and quite frankly, I don't think there is much difference there from my experience. It rather depends on whether or not you get a helpful officer, POJ or infopass.

And yes, we did mention my case in our inquiry (but apparently there is risk because they are confused people... see my post regarding the CIS reply one page back).

I got my approval, but my wife's LUD has not yet changed from 7/12, do i have to call TSC again, I called 2 times last week, is it good to call them, suggest something guys, what to do iam in confusion now....they told me to wait patiently and it will be in normal process.(i dont know how many more years they will take).

If i call do i have to mention about my case approval, or is it good to take an infopass appointment.

My case got approval on 13th of this month and i received my card and approval notice also.

please suggest something.....

This is what it shows for my wife 7/12 LUD

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On June 13, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

And today's POJ (LOL)

Just to get an idea where the case is at this point now that the Sep Bulletin was published. It took the shortest ever before we got hold of an IO (like 2 or 3 minutes wait). Quite a standard reply, that is,

(1) No number allotted
(2) No officer assigned at this time
(3) Everything clear, a number should be allotted on 10/1.

So, from May to June, her case was with an officer, but not anymore at this point. So apparently it was kicked out of the adjudication queue when the 7/2 happened (or right after the July Bulletin publication, I'd guess).

Looks like we gotta wait for 10/1.

Count me in too.

My case was approved on 08/21/2007. Wife's case is still pending.

Details:

Primary Applicant

EB3 India
PD - April, 2004
I-485 RD - December, 2004,
Case Xfer from VSC - > TSC on 03/15/2007
LUD's -> 08/03, 08/07, 08/08, 08/09
I-485 AD - 08/21/2007

Derivative Applicant

Case Xfer from VSC - > TSC on 03/15/2007
LUD's -> 03/15/2007...after this, none.

Technically speaking, your wife's case will be current from Sep 01. I've just talked to TSC IIO and she tried to sing "October song" to me. I explained to her the details of Sep visa bulletin, that made her promise to notify "the Unit" about the pending case. I am absolutely disappointed with the lack of progress on my wife's case during last 8 weeks, so I'll go to the USCIS local office at lunch. Let's see how far I will be capable to go with my frustration there. :D
I am certainly not willing to wait for the new FY.

Just to get an idea where the case is at this point now that the Sep Bulletin was published. It took the shortest ever before we got hold of an IO (like 2 or 3 minutes wait). Quite a standard reply, that is,

(1) No number allotted
(2) No officer assigned at this time
(3) Everything clear, a number should be allotted on 10/1.

So, from May to June, her case was with an officer, but not anymore at this point. So apparently it was kicked out of the adjudication queue when the 7/2 happened (or right after the July Bulletin publication, I'd guess).

Looks like we gotta wait for 10/1.

Last edited by a moderator: