TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

they r processing i-824 for may 03. u can file i-824 only after ur i-140 is approved.

for i-140 non-concurrent they are at late feb or early march

Originally posted by enigma261
HumHongeKamyaab,

just curious...how did you come to know that they
are processing may03 cases for I-140/CP

My ND is april 15th and still waiting..

thanks

Any ideas what is this about

New in http://www.immigration-law.com/

10/17/2003: State Department Prediction of Immigrant Visa Number Movement for the Next One Year

According to the AILA, the State Department predicts that the family-based immigrant visa categories are expected to move in the same pace as the last year (10/01/2002-09/30/2003). For the employment-based immigrant categories, it predicts that there will be no retrogression. However, the unskilled worker category in EB-3 can experience retrogression depending on the rate of increase of cases in this category for the next one year. It predicts that even if retrogression takes place for this category, it is not likely that it will happen before the next Summer. One small good news!

140 approved

Hi All My 140 Approved Finallly
Lin-0318351***
RD:05-20-2003 (concurent filing)

REF Issued:08-19-03(Company Financial status,...etc)

REF Received:10-21-03

140 aprroved 10-24-2003

Thanks

Congrates suryapet ...
My RD is near to your . I am still waiting.. Only difference, mine is non-concurrent...
Waiting..waiting...waiting...
Congrates once again.

3 Year degree + 1 year diploma situation

** I posted this in another forum too. I just thought may be this thread (users) will have first hand experience.

I have a 3 year degree (Mathematics) + 1 Yr+ diploma.

My Labor was approved a month ago for Bachelor's + 2 years experience. I just heard from my attorney that the Labor doc did not have the 'or equivalent' mentioned and that I cannot substitute my experience (have about 10 years) for the additional 1 year of education.

I have been reading different threads here about how 3 year + diploma applications are getting RFEs and denials (for education equivalency) even with the 'or equivalent' words mentioned in the Labor.

My question is, did you or any of your friends got the 140 approval with 3 Year + Diploma (evaluated by an agency to be considered U.S. Bachelor's) without the 'or equivalent' mentioned in the Labor doc.

My H1 is valid until 3/2005. If I don't hear postive responses, I am planning to start over with another Labor (as a backup) while I apply for this I140.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can share their experience / information or throw some light into this issue.

Thanks all

indgcmagic

** I posted this in another forum too. I just thought may be this thread (users) will have first hand experience.

I have a 3 year degree (Mathematics) + 1 Yr+ diploma.

My Labor was approved a month ago for Bachelor's + 2 years experience. I just heard from my attorney that the Labor doc did not have the 'or equivalent' mentioned and that I cannot substitute my experience (have about 10 years) for the additional 1 year of education.

I have been reading different threads here about how 3 year + diploma applications are getting RFEs and denials (for education equivalency) even with the 'or equivalent' words mentioned in the Labor.

My question is, did you or any of your friends got the 140 approval with 3 Year + Diploma (evaluated by an agency to be considered U.S. Bachelor's) without the 'or equivalent' mentioned in the Labor doc.
+++++ It depends. where did you get the 1 year diploma from. Assume that you from India, if it is not from vocational institute like NIIT or APTECH or BITECH and it is from Indian Government recognized/accredited university then you should be ok. I have heard cases who got their 3 year BS degree + 3 year NIIT equivalent to 4 years US BS degree. But 3 year BS degree + aptech diploma is not equivalent to 4 year US BS degree. it depends on the institute offering the diploma and what accredition they have. you may try with educational evaluation agencies and see.

My H1 is valid until 3/2005. If I don't hear postive responses, I am planning to start over with another Labor (as a backup) while I apply for this I140.
+++++ yes better option to file i140 and file labor again as backup.

Hello,
Just got off the phone with the BCIS Customer Service Representative. She says that it will take till Feb 27th for my I-140 approval. My ND is April 29 2003.

Rajesh

3 Year degree + 1 year diploma situation

Thanks Sai!

I got my diploma from one of the private institutes. So, I guess it won't do any good in this situation. It looks like even if we get a document from an agency saying '4 year degree equivalent', BCIS can still NOT accept it, rite?

I still want to find out about cases (if any) approved in this situation. Appreciate if anyone has information on this.

Thanks all

pachaiattai

what is your filing method. concurrent or non-concurrent or semi-concurrent.

if semi-concurrent when did you file your i485. this surely makes a difference in processing time.

indgcmagic

private institution is ok. are they accredited to any university or any government approved agencies like ACE etc.

if any education evaulation agency declares that your credential is equivalent to 4 year us bs degree then you should fine. ofcourse it all depends what bcis/uscis would do. but atleast you can appeal.

as you have enough time its better you start labor immediately with assistance of good lawyer who dont make this kind of mistake again.

Re: indgcmagic

The diploma is not accredited to any government agencies. I am counting on the agency that's evaluating to see if it's 4 year equivalent.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by saigc
private institution is ok. are they accredited to any university or any government approved agencies like ACE etc.

if any education evaulation agency declares that your credential is equivalent to 4 year us bs degree then you should fine. ofcourse it all depends what bcis/uscis would do. but atleast you can appeal.

as you have enough time its better you start labor immediately with assistance of good lawyer who dont make this kind of mistake again.

Message for pachaiattai

Hi Rajesh

In which category you filed ??/

For Feb 27 means almost a yr for I-140 approval..is that right?:(

Question for GURU's

Guru's

I filed my I-140 under EB-2/CP option.(ND 16th July) .Just wondering that if I change it to 485 then upon receival of EAD..do i need to stick with my company for 6 more months or I can change a job after EAD???

Any comments or suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Re:Question for GURU's

u will get ur EAD in 2 months after u file for i-485.
6 months after u have filed for 485 and assuming u got ur EAD, u can change ur job to a similar job.

Originally posted by rseth123
Guru's

I filed my I-140 under EB-2/CP option.(ND 16th July) .Just wondering that if I change it to 485 then upon receival of EAD..do i need to stick with my company for 6 more months or I can change a job after EAD???

Any comments or suggestions??

Thanks in advance.