TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

ginnu

as long as that 1 year diploma is from an institution, even if vocational, which as accredition to recognized university or government educational agencies or department then it should be fine.

to be even more specific lets assume a person has 3 year degree and 1 year diploma. assume that 1 year diploma course is for unix programming with c++. per US educational system 4 year degree is 120 credits. normally people from india with 3 year degree will have 90+ credits. but you need another 30 credits which you surely will not get from the 1 year diploma having course structure similar to "unix and C++ programming".

i still agree with ginnu that 3 year degree + 1 year diploma MAY BE equivalent and NOT PURELY EQUIVALENT. it all depends on the course structure, institution accredition etc. basically we need to have 120 credits from accredited or government agency or department.

Looking for advice from bhshirolkar...

Hi ,

I know this is not the right forum for this and i apologize for it..but i am looking to find out about your experience in labor certification. My case seems to be similar to yours...got a wage query back from michigan state and my lawyer said she is asking them to forward the case to Federal DOL. I am not sure what the impact of this is - what happens if Federal DOL concurs with the state and say my wage doesnt meet the standard wage? Do i have any options at that stage? I am RIR EB2 michigan state. Does it mean the Michigan state has my position mixed up with some other position? Please let me know..my email is jayshaldc@hotmail.com

Thanks

Congrats suryapet on your approval.

My ND is about the same as yours and I have the same RFE as yours, although mine was semi concurrent and I got the RFE a month after you did. Its nice to hear that yours got approved, gives me some encouragement on my case as well.

sertra2002

I140 Approved

I140 Approved
My I140 case has been approved on 10/24.

Here are the details.
I140/I485/EAD/AP - Concurrent.
Category: EB3

RD:06/12/03
ND:06/14/03

RFE on I140 :09/17/03
RFE: Experience letters , Education Eval.
RFE responded:10/20/03
I140 Approved:10/24/03

EAD App.date: 08/26/2003.
AP Ad: 08/31/2003

Finger Prints :?? (When can I expect? )

Hi All

Is there anybody that we know of who applied in EB2 category, but the I-140 got approved under EB3 because BCIS thought the candidates education and experience suit EB3 rather than EB2 ?

I wonder if BCIS will automatically approve such cases as EB3 with applicant's consent or he has to go through this whole thing again afresh ?

I am BE (Bachelor of Engg) with 8 years of experience. I have opted for "CP". The LC specifically required Bachelor's degree PLUS Five years of experience. (No words like.. Progressive etc.. Also, Master's Degree is not mentioned in the LC). We have submitted all the experience certificates, reference letters etc.. But I am getting worried recently because in reality EB3 is ahead of EB2 and if I get into something like the above situation, I would be in trouble.

Your experiences / ideas / friend's experiences / knowledge would help me, so please post...

I don't think, USCIS will "automatically" change from EB2 to EB3. If they think, Education and Experience do not match or are not enough, they will issue RFE or may deny the case.

If you have sent experience letters for at least 5 years, then I don't think you have anything to worry.

Naanshi.

Vadi - I140 Approved

If it's alright with you, can you elaborate on the RFE about Education eval and what steps you took?

Thanks!

Originally posted by vadi
I140 Approved
My I140 case has been approved on 10/24.

Here are the details.
I140/I485/EAD/AP - Concurrent.
Category: EB3

RD:06/12/03
ND:06/14/03

RFE on I140 :09/17/03
RFE: Experience letters , Education Eval.
RFE responded:10/20/03
I140 Approved:10/24/03

EAD App.date: 08/26/2003.
AP Ad: 08/31/2003

Finger Prints :?? (When can I expect? )

Vadi,
What type of RFE you got for Experience letter, can you please put the RFE in detail about the experience letter.

Thanks,
SPB999

RFE:

I have a 3 year BS degree + 3 years master’s degree.
RFE was to submit evidence that I have obtained 4 year college education and obtained bachelor’s degree in Computer/Engineering or related field.
My attorney submitted an Education Evaluation from NYC based company and sent my convocation certificates.

2. Beneficiary should provide experience certificates, in form of letters from current or former employers giving the name. address, designation of the employer and description of the experience with exact dates and specific duties. (these points where high lighted in the letter too)

naanshi

Thank you very much Naanshi..

Originally posted by naanshi
I don't think, USCIS will "automatically" change from EB2 to EB3. If they think, Education and Experience do not match or are not enough, they will issue RFE or may deny the case.

If you have sent experience letters for at least 5 years, then I don't think you have anything to worry.

Naanshi.

VADI,
If the previous employer business has closed down than how r we going to get the experience letter from previous employer?

Also do BCIS counts the experience of current employer, say for example I joined the current employer in june'01 but I filed my labor in august'03, does BCIS counts/adds this 2 years to the previous experience of other employer? Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks,
SPB999

Question to Vadi

Vadi,

First of all congrats on your I-140 approval?.

Could you please let me know the name of the evaluation agency you got the evaluation from.

My degree situation is similar to your's. Three years BS degree + 3 Yrs MS degree. BTW, is your MS degree in Computer Applications?.

Also, did the evaluating agency certify that your 3 Yrs BS + 3 Yr MS degree is equivalent to a 4 Yr US BS degree (or) did they certify that it is equivalent to a US Master's degree.

The reason I am asking this is the evaluation agency that evaluated my degrees certified that my degrees are equal to a US Master's degree in Computers.

Please shed some lights on this issue.

Thanks,
Dave

Originally posted by vadi
I have a 3 year BS degree + 3 years master’s degree.
RFE was to submit evidence that I have obtained 4 year college education and obtained bachelor’s degree in Computer/Engineering or related field.
My attorney submitted an Education Evaluation from NYC based company and sent my convocation certificates.

2. Beneficiary should provide experience certificates, in form of letters from current or former employers giving the name. address, designation of the employer and description of the experience with exact dates and specific duties. (these points where high lighted in the letter too)

Where were you dbsraju?

Raju,

It's been a long time since I have seen you in this forum. R u still sticking with 'CP' or have you filed semi-concurrent.

Regarding your question if BCIS will automatically change your category I don't think they will do this. They may issue an RFE as Naanshi indicated, but denial I doubt.

Anyway all the best.

Dave

Originally posted by dbsraju
Thank you very much Naanshi..

Hi jalabalajings

Hi Dave,

How are you doing ?

Mine is RD June 11th, 2003 EB2.

As of today, I am sticking to the CP option, just hoping that USCIS won't forget to process the applications from this category.

Last couple of weeks, I was in some work - related stuff, so I could not log on to the forum..

Thanks..

dbsraju

Raju,

It was nice to hear from you. I have also filed for 'CP' under the EB3 category. My RD and ND are October 1, 2003.

The only fear I have is due to the degree requirement being enforced by BCIS. I am keeping my fingers crossed to see what happens.

Let's hope the best to happen for both of us and for the other members in this forum.

Dave

Originally posted by dbsraju
Hi Dave,

How are you doing ?

Mine is RD June 11th, 2003 EB2.

As of today, I am sticking to the CP option, just hoping that USCIS won't forget to process the applications from this category.

Last couple of weeks, I was in some work - related stuff, so I could not log on to the forum..

Thanks..