TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

My FP was done at newark NJ on 21 st May.

I am pleased at least this hurdle is crossed. It was a long drive fom NC to NJ that too in the middle of the week.

God knows what else INS will make us do.

Enjoy!!!!

Why It takes soo long for FP

Originally posted by lgwait
Got FP letter, scheduled for 5/14/03

ND: 4/9/02

Why it takes too long for you to get FP schedule. My ND is March 2002 and FP was done on May 2002. Is this first time FP or redone after expire. Please let me know.

FP

Long Islander:
This is my first FP notice, done on 5/14/03, online updated to process resumed message on 5/20/03. I don't know why it's too long, but most people with ND 4/8-10, 02 got FP recently, just like mine.

NOW, ANOTHER QUESTION:
I received 2nd FP notice, scheduled for 6/20/03, should I go again? Anybody has same?

Three FP notices

lgwait,

I received a third FP notice. First received on 4/5/03. FP completed on 4/28. Even before I went for this I got a second notice for 5/20. Later I got another one for FP on 6/10. Called BCIS and they said that everything looks good and to ignore the notice. Attorney advises me to go on the appointed date. I think I will go on 6/10.

I too recieved the re-fingerprint notice.

I wonder why this is happening to us??

As it is we waited for a long-long time for the first one.

:mad:

March_tracker,
May be officer likes your fingers too..just kidding...

I am proposing the following theory for this :
( Optimistic locking with READ_COMMITTED isolation level)

Because of the individual efforts with IIOs someone might have triggered the process and may be the reason for the first one and second one is because of the internal check they do before putting in the staging area , they might have looked and thought Oh..finger prints has not been issued and lets issue finger prints.

Since there is time elapsed between the issue and actual finger printing and receipt of finger prints(about 8 - 12 weeks) , second one might have issued.

I look this development as a positive one....

-rajum

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Officer like my fingers too...:D :D

Got another finger print notice yesterday...

To all those who got second FP:
What is the strategy ?

-rajum

my lawyer suggest me to go on the apponitment date along with the receipt from last FP, let them decide.

lgwait,
I am confused as usual. From one angle, it looks like right thing but I am worried about the futility of the process.

What happens was that we go there and inform that we have already taken the Finger prints and they say ignore this notice...

Beggers are not choosers...anyway we can't help...

-rajum

Same thing happened to me. I went for FP, but before App. date, and was told that I am already good.

I took a half days leave to go to the local App supp. center in Charlotte. Its good cause otherwise I would have taken 3 days leave to go to NJ.

I went for FP again with my second and third notices and also the receipt from my first FP. The lady at the local office took it inside and came back and said that our FPs look good in the file(she marked the FP notice with "non-ident FP" - whatever that means). She said that FP needs to be re-done only if the GC does not get approved in another 15 months!!

Just for the record - I also got a second FP notice a couple of weeks after I did my first FP. My lawyer recommends that we go at the scheduled date/time and present the receipt from the previous FP. Online status still shows "process resumed" from previous FP.

Did the online status change for anyone after the second (or the third) FP notice? I guess if it ever changes, thats when INS is definitely looking for some input from us on the second FP.

whats up?

Guys I just wanted to share some info on the 485 processing, they are approving people with less security checks in a faster pace. My friend just confirmed that one of his superiors who had applied 485 in march02 had got his 485 approved couple of weeks back. But guess what he is not desi/any other countries which the state dept is scrutinizing. My lawyer told me something like this earlier, but I did not believe her.
So don't be surprised if we hear Feb and March flowing in. I am planning to run scripts on March to confirm this, but I don't know where to start as there are so many applications :D

start with EAC02-139-*****

My Eac number is EAC02-139-***** my RD is march 01 2002.I think you can start from my series or even before If you want.Anyway I will my series today and try to post tommorrow.

I and my wife went for FP again at Boston ASC. The lady at the reception took our FP notices and the receipt from the previous FP inside to the supervisor. He came out and told us that everyone who got fingerprinted between May 16 and May 27 (I think, I am note sure of the second date) is getting a second FP notice because of an issue with computers at INS. He returned the receipts to us but did keep our new FP notices. I actually comfirmed with him if there was a reason for him to keep the new FP notices, and he said he needed to. So maybe it wasn't such a futile exercise after all. The whole process was 5 minutes in and out.

Hi Guys
I am Rames....(long back started the XLS file for the March fillers ). Actually I lost my job and .....on and on....finally I am at MD now. When I came to this forum I saw some guys got 2nd FP...Is it true....?

How about starting or updating the Xls file ( I think St8 has the updated one ), with 2nd FP on it, so that we now when is our turn....

Thanks
Rames ( Elias )

:)

Good idea to keep track of 2nd FP

Hi All,

Many of us went in for early FP and might get 2nd Finger prints. If so we better keep track in the same XLSheet.

Thanks
vkml

March Tracker Update

Here you go...

Our approvals should start from August. But will be spread across 3-4 months.