TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

akrish,
I agree with you in the general context, as people are getting FP within 2 months of filing 485. May be you are not aware that people with ND 4/8/2002, 4/9/2002 and 4/10/2002 didn't got finger prints at that time. Some people who called IIO's got FP as they IIO's issued them manual FP's. When some people like me called VSC, IIO's told us not to worry and we will get FP during the staging area before assigning to the officer. In this context, since I didn't called the IIO to get FP issued manually in the recent past, some process might have triggered to get FP. I am speculating the possible one which IIO's mentioned to me that our cases has moved into the staging area

thanks,
rajum

Rajum..

Hi Rajum,
Now I understand your context and speculation. I wish that would become true and good luck to you.

Krish.

EAD renewal and travel parole renewal for spouse and me approved (online status). Cards not received yet.
RD: Feb 25, 2003
ND: Mar 3, 2003
AD: Apr 21, 2003

Rajum, I am in the same boat as you, 485 ND: Apr 9. Called in Jan and Feb last, IIO said FPs will be done close to approval if not done automatically. Haven't got FPs yet.

Another thought: I guess you must have filed for renewal EAD also. The officer probably needs to pull up 485 records (and any FPs) to process/approve EAD - could that be the trigger point? In any case, I hope our cases are moving to the "staging" area.

gc00,
I applied for EAD renewal on Jan30th and I got approval on 14th Feb and recieved the card on 28 th Feb. It might be coincidence, that I got hand written receipt at that time and last week I got a printed receipt of my EAD renewal. We laughed at it because I got the physical cards two months back and now I got the receipt notice. On the pessimistic side, this issuance might have triggered the FP notice.

-thanks,
rajum

May be late FP notice is not so bad after all

The friend of mine just recently returned from GC interview at Boston, where the INS has asked him to re-do his fingerprints again because they are more than 15 months old and thus, expired.

FP for me and spouse received today. They were sent out on Apr 24th. Also received renewal EAD card today for spouse only, hopefully I'll get it in a day or 2.

I tend to agree with Rajum that our 485 applications are going through some staging or pre-staging verification.

Ofcourse the pessimistic view is that a diligent officer doing EAD renewal noticed missing FPs on 485 and had notices issued, but unlikely for multiple cases (which were probably assigned to different officers)

FP's came for Others like lgwait and march_tracker without their intervention.
For me, there exists another point of verification.my file is with NVC(National Visa Center) and I can call there and find out whether they received any request for I-140 from INS. only thing is I don't want to do right now and I might do it sometime next month after fp.

thanks,
rajum

I received the FP notices directly, even though my company lawyer applied for my 485. I've heard elsewhere on this board that INS also sends a "representative copy" to the lawyer (my lawyer hasn't told me about it yet if he has got it or not)

BTW, my FP notice came to my older address and thankfully got forwarded to my new address. I moved about 6 months back, and had filed the AR-11 forms and had requested my lawyer to call VSC (and I think he did at that time). Anyway, I'll call now to make sure its updated.

Update my profile

Here is my update:

RD 3/13/02
Self EAD 8/1/02
Renewal EAD RD 3/19/03, AD 4/25/03
AP RD 2/26/03, AD 3/28/03

Waiting for GC.

Are you the same one from arkansas

and you had NIW approved. welcome back if you are the same one. didnt see you around for a long time.

Originally posted by lowell
Here is my update:

RD 3/13/02
Self EAD 8/1/02
Renewal EAD RD 3/19/03, AD 4/25/03
AP RD 2/26/03, AD 3/28/03

Waiting for GC.

Sorry, I am not from Arkansas.

But I did have my NIW approved.

For those guys who recently got FP, I think you are lucky. I wish the March filers best if we could get adjudicated within 18 months from initial filing. Otherwise some people run the risk of redoing FP (including me). But currently slow progress in Nov. 01 filers makes me feel frustrated.

I keep my figure crossed.

Today, I just got EAD renew printed receipts, it says taking 80 days for approval.
I already got EAD renew aproved on 4/14/03, and received the cards about a week later.
What's the funny thing it is!

Posting after long time here

Hi All,

I am one of the march RD guy. I thought we lost this thread and very happy to see this. I remember long time ago collecting info in a Excel.....

How are you all doing?

I have my FP scheduled for tomorrow. Lets see what happens. I hope the late FP will trigger early approval cause the file will go in the hands of an officer for updating the record and probably by then the dates are current for march.

Enjoy!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Hello Friends..

How are you all ? In March of 2002, I was feeling high, under the impression that within 6 months our GCS will get approved. VSC has sunk my sprits all the way down. It took damn Six Months to finish that October lot.

That is why I suppose it goes... "Man Proposes .. God Disposes".. hummmmm ...now I think about it probably that is the reason my gut was telling me to get renamed to "DryIce" .. Dryness is what was there ahead at that point in time. ;)

Just to let you know.. I applied for EAD renewal on March 15th. By April 10th My wife got EAD but I did not get. On April 14th my lawyer called VSC and they told "By Mistake We overlooked the Primary Applicant". On April 18th my EAD got Approved and I received the card on May 10th or so. On May 15th My old card got expired. :)

Finally I have completed my FP on 5/21/2003.

Dryice,
I remembered that We all expected that we will get our GC by Nov or Dec and the worst case is Jan.
Again, I made a bad decision of not going to CP. My I-140 file went to NVC after so much pain and had I opted for CP I would have got the green card by Jan. I thought that since 485 is moving so fast why to opt for CP.....
INS proved to be much tougher in estimation....

-rajum

Hi Rajum..

I think CP is dangerous. Whatever happened to you was for your good - if your plans were to go for CP. Try and find from your friends .. what CP at Chennai consulate means !!.