TR to RIR conversion tracker

The status is still "TR In Progress".

The RIR conversion packet was submitted on Mar 28th.

It appears that DBEC is working on EB3 TR--> RIR conversion cases and EB2 cases are not being looked at.

In our company 5 out of 7 cases (2 EB2 and 5 EB3) were appproved and they all were submitted on same date.

Can I request other users in the forum who are in EB2 category and submitted TR-RIR with DBDEC (Since PBEC is not even processing any conversion cases which is not good at all), reply to this message so that we can at least now that this is true, though it doesn't help to remove all the pain and suffering this wait is causing :-(

Thanks

It appears that DBEC is working on EB3 TR--> RIR conversion cases and EB2 cases are not being looked at.

In our company 5 out of 7 cases (2 EB2 and 5 EB3) were appproved and they all were submitted on same date.

Can I request other users in the forum who are in EB2 category and submitted TR-RIR with DBDEC (Since PBEC is not even processing any conversion cases which is not good at all), reply to this message so that we can at least now that this is true, though it doesn't help to remove all the pain and suffering this wait is causing :-(

Thanks

Hi, I think it is only a matter of days before the cases will get cleared.
Mine is EB2 category and was submitted on March 28, 07 and the status changed to TR CERT on Apr 16th. I have posted earlier in this thread with details

My RIR-to-TR conversion was sent to PBEC on March 28th. And online status changed to RIR in progress on April 17th. Does it mean they have approved RIR conversion request and will process my case based on RIR? Thanks!

My RIR-to-TR conversion was sent to PBEC on March 28th. And online status changed to RIR in progress on April 17th. Does it mean they have approved RIR conversion request and will process my case based on RIR? Thanks!
Your assumption is correct. By the way, you are only the 3rd person out of a total of 19 in this forum who have seen their status change to RIR after sending their conversion packages to PBEC, so you are in relatively better shape. :)

There are two cases from My Company with EB2 (Me and one other colleague), whose RIR conversion packages were sent on 3/14 and still has not been certified.

Thanks

We have tons of cases filed for conversion in march2nd and 3rd weeks and so far one EB3 case has been certified. Some more EB3 cases as well as many EB2 cases are there. I have been really micro managing the case status by checking every hour.

There are two cases from My Company with EB2 (Me and one other colleague), whose RIR conversion packages were sent on 3/14 and still has not been certified.

PBEC: status changed from TR to RIR, then back to TR !!

My TR to RIR conversion was submitted 3/23/2007.
Yesterday(04/17/2007), I was happy to see the the online system show the processing type as RIR. Today I re-checked and now it went back to TR:mad: .
What does this mean?. Anybody happen to have the same situation?

PD: 02/11/2004

PBEC or DBEC?

My TR to RIR conversion was submitted 3/23/2007.
Yesterday(04/17/2007), I was happy to see the the online system show the processing type as RIR. Today I re-checked and now it went back to TR:mad: .
What does this mean?. Anybody happen to have the same situation?

PD: 02/11/2004

This is rather unusual. I haven't seen a similar situation reported earlier. PBEC or DBEC?

It seems to be unusual but assuming that it is not an error ( With PBEC how naive to assume this...:) ) my guess is that, 2 events could have happened simultaneously. While you emailed your intention for conversion your job order already might be put on AJB and processed almost till the end.. So formally they might have put an hold your file. Then at the time of updating they updated to RIR and when in reality when they might have taken your file for real processing they might have realized that for this guy TR process was almost reached to the end conclusion so they might have decided revert you back to TR.. IF my assumption is right then you should see your 'Certification' within couple of days and if this was an error then pry to God and your lawyer...

Its PBEC. Is there a way to get another screenshot by sending a e-mail to the backlog center?

Yesterday I just thought to send an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US to see whether the update (TR to RIR) is reflected or not. I got the reply and found the update reflected. One more difference I could see in 'Case Information' is that now the field 'Data Entry Assigned to' is added to original fields.

Right now that field is blank for me. but since they have added this field so I am guessing either in RIR they have a practice to show this field or it may be a newly added field.

Do you guys have any idea when this field 'Data Entry Assigned to' should be updated and once it is updated how long does it take to reach to the conclusion?

- BharatPremi

Yesterday I just thought to send an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US to see whether the update (TR to RIR) is reflected or not. I got the reply and found the update reflected. One more difference I could see in 'Case Information' is that now the field 'Data Entry Assigned to' is added to original fields.

Right now that field is blank for me. but since they have added this field so I am guessing either in RIR they have a practice to show this field or it may be a newly added field.

Do you guys have any idea when this field 'Data Entry Assigned to' should be updated and once it is updated how long does it take to reach to the conclusion?

- BharatPremi

Mine was sent before yours.
No sign of progress on any of the conversion cases sent during mid march.

My Package was sent on Mar 29 and it reached BEC Dallas on Apr 2 (POD signature date is 04/02/07). Will this be an issue for not sending it before April 1st?
Are there others who have done it like this at the last minute?

You are safe

My Package was sent on Mar 29 and it reached BEC Dallas on Apr 2 (POD signature date is 04/02/07). Will this be an issue for not sending it before April 1st?
Are there others who have done it like this at the last minute?
April 1 was the deadline to send, not to receive. You should be safe, since your package was sent on March 29.

Still Waiting

For those who sent the TR-RIR conversion to PBEC, would like to tell them that at DBEC as well situation is no different, My packet was sent on 3/15/2007 and so far haven't seen any moment in my cases whereas I am seeing other cases which were sent to DBDEC in March end are geting processed?
So not sure what's going on, is there any order they are prcessing these cases, no one seems to know about it.

My RIR conversion package was sent to PBEC on 3/3/2007...its 4/20/2007 status is still TR...IN PROCESS

A pattern for DBEC TR-RIR EB2

I would not say its EB2/EB3 differnciation but some pattern on similiar lines is happening. Our company sent in about 15 TR-RIR conversions on Mar 23rd(may have reached on 27th March) and almost 10 of them received certified copies in MAIL at home(employee's). Mine was also part of the 15 apps, and its EB2 with PD of Aug 2002 the earliest of the bunch. So somehow DBEC managed to seperate my(and other EB2) apps our and certified the rest even tough my PD was the earliest.

My guess is that DOL(DBEC here) is working with State Dept to make sure the visa numbers are not overly subscribed. Because I have EB2/India which has a current PD(for I-485) of Jan 2003. I am thinking they may want to roll back the Visa Bulletin's PD(for EB2 India) to sometime prior to June 2002. This will prevent over-subscription in any particular category.

My $0.02 ......

Last edited by a moderator:
My RIR conversion package was sent to PBEC on 3/3/2007...its 4/20/2007 status is still TR...IN PROCESS
Thanks for posting your info. I have added you to the PBEC RIR-TR conversion tracker. As of now, I have a record of 21 cases from active PBEC members of this thread, only 4 of which have seen a change in status from TR to RIR. None has been certified.

I would not say its EB2/EB3 differnciation but some pattern on similiar lines is happening. Our company sent in about 15 TR-RIR conversions on Mar 23rd(may have reached on 27th March) and almost 10 of them received certified copies in MAIL at home(employee's). Mine was also part of the 15 apps, and its EB2 with PD of Aug 2002 the earliest of the bunch. So somehow DBEC managed to seperate my(and other EB2) apps our and certified the rest even tough my PD was the earliest.

My guess is that DOL(DBEC here) is working with State Dept to make sure the visa numbers are not overly subscribed. Because I have EB2/India which has a current PD(for I-485) of Jan 2003. I am thinking they may want to roll back the Visa Bulletin's PD(for EB2 India) to sometime prior to June 2002. This will prevent over-subscription in any particular category.

My $0.02 ......

Thanks Kalifornia_resi for the update. I am also in the same boat as you and also from India.

I didn't quite followed your explanation of separating out EB2 from EB3 by DBDEC and not approving EB2 but approving EB3.

In my company case similar thing happened and all 5 approved cases were of category EB3 and had PD ranging from 2003 thru 2005.
EB2 cases has PD of 2003 and 2004 and these all 7 cases were sent by same lawyer and on same day and still DBEC was able to single out cases.

Would you mind explaning it again as what could be the reason behind it?

These days I am checking status at least 10 times aday hoping that it gets certified, so frustrating... :(

Thanks

RIR - In Process

My status changed to RIR - In Process today. For details please see signature. Looks like there's something going on after all :)

Visa Numbers for Chargability areas

Thanks Kalifornia_resi for the update. I am also in the same boat as you and also from India.
I didn't quite followed your explanation of separating out EB2 from EB3 by DBDEC and not approving EB2 but approving EB3.
Would you mind explaning it again as what could be the reason behind it?
Thanks
I dont think they will NOT approve EB2 but rather get a head count of how many are out there that have a PD prior to Jan 2003. So these cases might be in a holding pattern for now.

DOS(Department Of State) publishes a monthly visa bulletin that lists the current PD for each of the chargability areas. Based on that date USCIS accepts I-485(or consular processing) apps for ppl who have a PD prior to the date published in their catogory. For India/EB2 the May issue's cut-off date is Jan 2003.
These dates are published by DOS based on discussions with USCIS and DOL. If DOL(BECs) clear all old cases by April 2007(some by Sep 2007) then there might be quite a lot of cases that will become eligible for I-485 thereby eating up the all(or even more) numbers available. So for the rest of the year India/EB2 becomes UNAVAILBLE rather than have a date in the bulletin. This is not the desired consequence because the queue is effectively stalled rather than moving slowly.
My theory is that EB2/India cases prior to Jan 2003 are being placed in a seperate bin and until they figure out how many EB2/India cases they(BEC) have prior to Jan 2003 they might remain dormant.
Effectively the rational is to have enough numbers and since BECs have around 75k TR cases(out of which 80% might have a PD of April 2001) they might be working with DOS to make sure a correct PD is published.
Again all this is my theory and I am known(by my friends) to come up with some pretty strange ones!!!