TN renewal (Canadian) with TD for Indian spouse?

Vijay_s

My TN status is expiring within 1 month on July 18. I plan to goto Laredo to get an extension of my TN

Can my wife get a new i94 along with my extension? Her TD visa is valid for another 25 days. (if we go to the border on Jun 22nd)

• She has an Indian Passport
  • As per the rules, her visa will be valid at the time of entry.
  • She doesn't plan to travel outside USA and re-enter in next 1-2 years, as long as my TN is valid.
  • She is not interested in a new TD visa stamp by attending consular process in the time of COVID
Another option for us is that i can go to the border for my renewal and then she can file an i539 online.
How does i539 work? does she send her passport and get a visa or just a new i94?

Appreciate Any pointers on how/where to go in Laredo for TN renewal? I live in texas.

She will be issued an I-94 for TD if she arrives at border with time left on her visa.
If she submits an I-539, she will be issued an I-94, she will remain in legal status pending approval. She does not submit her actual passport, and no visa is issued.

Thanks, so if my TN is renewed for 3 years and im issued an i94 for 3 years, (im Canadian so i dont need a visa)
, my wife's visa would be valid for only 25 days but she can get an i94 for 3 years along with my renewal?

appreciate your responses, is there any other advice about Laredo port of entry, it’s our first renewal and first time going towards Mexico

Laredo TX, should be no different than the other POE's.
Park your car on US side. Walk to CBP building. Wait in line to pay your $6 cash for each I-94 card. Wait in line to see CBP agent to request new TN will all your original documents and pay $50 cash. You will be fingerprinted, photographed, asked to wait. (while they verify information, etc).
You should be asked to return to the counter and will be issued new I-94 and new TN stamp in passport.
Please post your experience to help others....

We didn’t get a chance to park and walk to the office, had to go into Mexico and turn around. It took two hours for the 1 mile u turn, another 45 minutes for the TN renewal. The officer gave me 3 years and my wife’s TD (i94) was issued to match. We drove to Laredo all the way to end of highway 35 and kept left for lane 2 which closer to the border.

We didn’t get a chance to park and walk to the office, had to go into Mexico and turn around. It took two hours for the 1 mile u turn, another 45 minutes for the TN renewal. The officer gave me 3 years and my wife’s TD (i94) was issued to match. We drove to Laredo all the way to end of highway 35 and kept left for lane 2 which closer to the border.

Vijay_s

Could you please share your experience on this trip, how did it go and how you managed to get your wife's TD I-94 with limited TD visa validity period

I am in similar boat, just wanted to know so that I can weigh in different options, thanks