Thread for July I485 mailers

Interim EAD

Went at 3AM in the morning and finished by 8.30. Yes the line behind me was very long(250 people around 7Am) at 7AM though only 50 people in front of me. Some were there with sleeping bags all night. It gets really cold around 4-5 so take warm clothes. The monterey road address is correct I took the address from INS site so just confirm there. Plenty of free Parking. 4-6 counters were open.

ND: Aug24 and WAC: 01-266-#####

ND: Aug24 and WAC: 01-266-#####
Also the Priority date on the FP notice is the same as the receipt date - I guess this is quite common for the recent people. My PD is actually 1 yr prior to the RD.

Hope that helps!

Did you take the appointment

Hi Greendesi,

Did you take the appointment or went early and stood in line.

Thanks for the info..

Thanks,

Got FP. ND 08/24.

FP ND: 11/2
Appointment Date: 12/12/01

Does INS Oakland allow early FP?.

Thanks

AK

No Title

ak1970,

Based on what I heard from this board regarding early FP in Bay area:
1. Many people got rejected for early FP at Oakland.
2. It depends on the time of the day and number of people waiting to do FP at that time.
3. People who got rejected for early FP at Oakland went to either SFO or San Jose for early FP and without a hickup they got it done.
4. Almost every that went to SanJose (irrespective of which ASC they come under) got early FP done with out any problem.

Goodluck
PCee

Got FP notices scheduled for Dec 11 2001 at Oakland. Tried to do it early today , but they did not a

FP notice received

RD: 7/30
ND: 9/10
WAC: 01-277-xxxxx
At SF on 12/7

And no, I\'m not planning to go early. Why, you ask? Because I have a fear of rejection, and am a lazy bastard. Wouldn\'t want to make the trip twice.

Received FP notice.

WAC-01-266
Place:Oakland
Date: 12/12
I also got iEAD on 10/26.
Please update the summary.

Is it advisable to try doing FP early in SFO?
Has any one tried and got his 485 approved early as a result.
dkr

EAD Approved per AVM

Well, it is hardly any news of significance among the many FP notice mails on this thread, but I just heard on the AVM that EAD for both, my wife and myself was approved on 11/02.

FP done ahead of schedule @ Buena Park

We did our FP\'s at Buena Park today. Buena Park ASC is open from Tuesday to Saturday 8:00AM to 4:00PM and is across the street from the Buena Park Mall. The Security Guard looked at our FP notices and informed his Boss that our scheduled date was 11/24. She told him to go ahead and let us do it. It was around 3:40PM and there were a few people in the room, some seemed to be purely languishing. We filled out our application forms and were called up immediately. The FP operator gave us some lotion and told us to rub our palms and fingertips thoroughly. Then she took our fingerprints. Four fingers of both hands diagonally across the screen, no thumb. Then all 10 fingers individually. I got numerous "small ridge breaks". She explained that they were breaks in the lines. She simply redid those fingers until the machine signalled "Pass" in green. Then a supervisor inspected my prints and had me redo a couple of fingers. Then she approved my prints. We filled out survey forms and were out on the stroke of 4:00PM. I do have a sneaking suspicion that they "settled" on the prints for my right thumb and right ring finger as the best possible prints under the circumstances. I was not going to call and talk to an IIO about FP quality, but now have no choice.

Some pointers to a possible higher % of clean and hassle-free FP, based on our experience :
a) Do not apply any lotion prior to going there, whatever they provide is enough. I applied a very thick moisturizing cream prior to leaving home. The operator did ask me, after she redid a finger or two a few times, if I had applied any lotion prior to coming there. In fact, she had to rub some ammonia based liquid(I think) to some of my fingers to get the excess lotion off.
b) Do not apply pressure on your own when the individual fingers are being rolled for printing(easier said than done, you unconsciously want to help). Just relax and let the operator apply the required amount of pressure. They are experienced and know what gets the best result. That should minimize "ridge breaks".
c) Don\'t go if you have any cuts on your fingers. Wait for a few days and let it heal. If you have dry fingers with skin peeling off due to the weather (like I do), constantly moisturize your hands for a few days prior to going for FP. Somebody on this board suggested that you wear gloves for a couple days prior to FP. The thought had occured to me but imagine answering all the questions at work.

None of the above may change anything, but, we want to do anything we can to not slow down the process, do we not?

EAD approved as per AVM RD:07/05 - Check AVM if you are waiting!

According to the CSC AVM, mine and wife\'s EAD\'s are approved and they have ordered for the EAD cards which they say can take upto 120 days.

Do we get a hard copy notice before the EAD card regarding the approval? Any ideas?? Or do we have to wait for the EAD card for ever and AVM does not mean anything at this point??

RD: 07/05 WAC 01-266-#####
AP\'s: 10/20
FP\'s: 11/05 (notices) - Scheduled 12/07
EAD\'s: 11/06
One more step to go - AD..:)

Good luck for every one waiting out there, You will all get it soon too..