Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

EB3 can not file I485

Hi,

My LC was approved in Feb, since I'm in the EB3 category, I can not file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. My lawyer filed I-140 for me and now I'm waiting for EB3 visa becomes available.

I do not see a lot of posts in this thread that only file 140, so I'm wondering if there is a better way to approach. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody;

Please use the LATEST "Tracker......xls" document while filling your approval dates.

If you pick the wrong (more earlier document or if you have a copy on your PC) excel document, some information that was filled out by the later people will dissappear.

Please help keep this accurate for people waiting the GC approvals.

thanks and good luck everybody.

Hi,

I got my 485 approval , and waiting to get the info pass appointment ... no luck for last 15 day .. i am still waiting. my zip come under Washington DC ...
i think this office is having some problems ... for last 15 days i have not seen any posting of appointment by this office ...
my question is , is it possible to go to different office for stamping?
Is there any body with the same problem ..(Washington office) ?
Thanks

Question regarding infopass appointment

Summit / Anyone,

Since I got my I485 approval today, can I take infopass appointment now or do I need to wait for my approval letter from USCIS. Please let me know.

Thanks and Good luck to y'all.

Atl-la-bore

summit said:
congrats atl-la-bore...

Labor_Sucks,
We're from atl, too and still waiting for fp.
Our lawyer said it takes about a year to receive fp notice.

Is anyone else in the same boat or have the same info?
Thanks.

Labor_Sucks said:
Which state/city are u from?

I am awaiting my FP notice.

atl-la-bore said:
Summit / Anyone,

Since I got my I485 approval today, can I take infopass appointment now or do I need to wait for my approval letter from USCIS. Please let me know.

Thanks and Good luck to y'all.

Atl-la-bore

Atl-la-bore;

When I called my lawyer's office, the secretary said that I can take the copy of USCIS website print out, but her boss (the lawyer) asked me to wait for the actual approval copy.

Well.............I made an appointment without the actual copy (what is the USCIS going to do? My GC was already approved). My appt date was for two weeks later. I know that I was supposed to get the actual approval letter within 14 days. So, I took a chance.

I got the actual approval date a week later and everything was fine.

The only difference between the Website approval letter and the actual approval letter was that the actual approval copy has the "A#.........." and the website approval letter has only the receipt number.

When they stamp your passport (I551), they write the "A#......." on it.

You can find this "A#......." on all the other documents (ead, AP.......). It's like the social security number that will haunt you until you become a citizen.

Summit,

Do you know if one can change job after receiving the approval notice, or does he have to wait until the GC card is ordered or received? What documents do you eed to show for the Info Pass appointment other than the approval notice? Thanks.

Thanks!

Thanks Summit. I took an appointment and I am waiting for my approval letter. Lets see what happens.

summit said:
Atl-la-bore;

When I called my lawyer's office, the secretary said that I can take the copy of USCIS website print out, but her boss (the lawyer) asked me to wait for the actual approval copy.

Well.............I made an appointment without the actual copy (what is the USCIS going to do? My GC was already approved). My appt date was for two weeks later. I know that I was supposed to get the actual approval letter within 14 days. So, I took a chance.

I got the actual approval date a week later and everything was fine.

The only difference between the Website approval letter and the actual approval letter was that the actual approval copy has the "A#.........." and the website approval letter has only the receipt number.

When they stamp your passport (I551), they write the "A#......." on it.

You can find this "A#......." on all the other documents (ead, AP.......). It's like the social security number that will haunt you until you become a citizen.

GCTakesTooLong said:
Summit,

Do you know if one can change job after receiving the approval notice, or does he have to wait until the GC card is ordered or received? What documents do you eed to show for the Info Pass appointment other than the approval notice? Thanks.

GCTakesTooLong;

Please see this link to get an idea about job change.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=154533

You will need the following;
1) 2 latest photos with Your "Name" and "A number" on the back;
2) 485 approval letter (MAKE A COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM THIS.............YOU WON'T GET IT BACK)
3) unexpired Passport
4) EAD card (if you have one)
5) AP letters (if you have them)
6) info pass appointment (make seperate appts. for spouse/kids - just in case)

You won't need this, but just in case:
I left these documents in the car - LC, FP, I140, I485 receipts/approvals.

Surprise Surprise........got My Green Card

Hello All,

This is a surprise for me. I came home today and I saw Actual Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) in my mail box. I didn't receive I485 approval letter. I got only an email from USCIS that my I485 was approved on May 18th. I took an appointment for June 3, 2005 for passport stamping. Do I need to get that done? Is it mandatory to have green card stamping on passport? I am not sure. Please explain. Mean while, I am really happy to see Green cards for me and my wife. Good luck to all.

God Bless All,
Atl-la-bore

Last edited by a moderator:
atl-la-bore said:
Hello All,

This is a surprise for me. I came home today and I saw Actual Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) in my mail box. I didn't receive I485 approval letter. I got only an email from USCIS that my I485 was approved on May 18th. I took an appointment for June 3, 2005 for passport stamping. Do I need to get that done? Is it mandatory to have green card stamping on passport? I am sure. Please explain. Mean while, I am really happy to see Green cards for me and my wife. Good luck to all.

God Bless All,
Atl-la-bore

Atl-la-bore;
You don't need stamp in your PP.

PP stamp is a temporary entry permit while you wait for the actual card. Since you already got the card, you are all set.

Enjoy...........................

atl-la-bore said:
This is a surprise for me. I came home today and I saw Actual Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) in my mail box. I didn't receive I485 approval letter.
Atl-la-bore,
I've seen number of person reporting (especially in vermont forum) getting actual card directly without infopass appointment and passport stamping. I guess that's the future direction CIS heading to, taking biometrics in advance. Congratulation again.

But would you please update the forum here, about the wording of the approval notice, when you get it. My approval notice indicated me to take an infopass appointment specifically, So I was just curious.

LUD Change on I-485

Hi All,
There is LUD change on my I-485 yesterday but there is no update in the message or no email message too. There are no changes for my wife and kids I-485 LUD's, Any idea what might be going on??

Thanks,
CHR

PD 1/14/2002
Parole RD 7/12/2004 ND 7/13/2004 AD 8/26/2004
EAD RD 7/12/2004 ND 7/13/2004 AD 8/17/2004
I-140 RD 7/12/2004 ND 7/13/2004 AD 2/16/2005
FP ND 3/21/2005 Fp Done: 3/30/2005 (Early FP) Reschedule Notice for 5/7/2005 @7pm
I-485 RD 7/12/2004 ND 7/13/2004 LUD: 3/31/2005 and 5/24/2005 :confused: