Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

Guys, the Case Status Search Page https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do for my EAD says

After approval we **ordered** you a **new** card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Why does it say New ? Did they run out of EAD cards ? Is this message standard ? This is going to be my first EAD

letsee said:
I got email from TSC that our EADs are approved. Thanks a lot for the members of this forums. I got valuable info from here.

I updated the excel with the info.

For those who got EAD approved recently :

How many days it would take to get the actual EAD card ?
Is it advisable to go for SSN immdediately after receiving the EAD card ?
How many days it took to get you SSN (number / the orignal SS card) after applying ?

Thanks again guys.

Bronco, don't worry, that's standard. It will soon change to "your case has been approved and your notice has been sent on (date is given)", etc. Soon after, you should receive your card.

Bronco said:
Guys, the Case Status Search Page https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do for my EAD says

After approval we **ordered** you a **new** card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Why does it say New ? Did they run out of EAD cards ? Is this message standard ? This is going to be my first EAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you gcnow. I know lrugnevm has asked it earlier but I also want to know where we can see LUD ( Last updated date ) for 140, 485 applications
Is there a website for that ? Do we have to register ?

gcnowpls said:
Bronco, don't worry, that's standard. It will soon change to "your case has been approved and your notice has been sent on (date is given)", etc. Soon after, you should receive your card.

Got my EAD cards in 7 days after approval to my home address. Now that I have my AP and EAD I was planning an India trip but my lawyer is saying that don't travel outside the country until I get my I140 approval. I think it will take another year for that.....

Do you guys see any what's the problem in travelling after AP ?

Thanks for your time...

There is no problem in travelling after you get AP. I am also travelling and my lawyer told me It should not be problem. Just take a copy your I-485 Receipt notice with you. If they ask you at the port entry you can show that.

Normally there wouldnt be a problem.... however problem can arise if I-140 is denied....

i remember from forums.... someone's 485 was denied while he was out of the country and ead, ap became invalidated. the reason being the person did not do the scheduled FP.. and the person claims he never recd a FP notice.

This is totally upon you to judge the circumstances and evaluate the risk or no risk.

Thanks for your response GCLANDS & PASHWIN.

How long does it get a FP Notice from filing 140-485 and how much do we have between FP Notice and acutal date ?

labornc,
the fp date is totally unknown. could be very soon or very late. some 2002 cases have not received the fp yet.

i am eaglerly waiting for my FP. There is no way to tell if a FP notice has been sent out because most of the time the status is not update when it is sent out. I dont want a horror story of FP notice been sent out and I never received it(i changed my address after filing 485).

I am sure that this question must have been answered somewhere if it is then please direct me there

What's the best way,
is it to maintain H1 Status or EAD status after 6 years ?

Thanks

Recieved the receipts............

Updated the spread sheet with my details.

I-140 ND - 11/23/04
I-485 ND - 11/23/04
I-765 ND - 11/23/04
I-131 ND - 11/23/04

RFE for I-140

I have update the tracker with my info. I had a RFE on my I-140 application asking for original labor application with color portion of signature page? The original labor cert was mailed with the app ....however my lawyer happened to have a second copy which he sent out to them.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Once the RFE reply is sent, what is the estimated time for the folks in USCIS to start looking at the app again?

Thanks

n323

If you plan to use your EAD and AP, I assume your H1-B visa is no longer valid. Is this correct? Otherwise, you can still travel using H1-B and not have to worry about the pending 485.

labornc said:
Got my EAD cards in 7 days after approval to my home address. Now that I have my AP and EAD I was planning an India trip but my lawyer is saying that don't travel outside the country until I get my I140 approval. I think it will take another year for that.....

Do you guys see any what's the problem in travelling after AP ?

Thanks for your time...

Those who had been to SSA office recently for SSN (for spouse) after approval of EAD, Can you please share your experience there and howmany days it took to get the number

Thanks gcnowpls for your replies. My H1-b still valid but wife's H4 has been expired but has new petition valid until 2006. We just wanted to aviod whole hastle of going to US Embassy in India. I am in my 8th year so not sure what's good. To keep on extending on H1 or EAD ?

gcnowpls said:
Try http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/ead.html . Lots of info here, hope this helps.

Labornc,

Where did you determine your PD dates...

Is the labor accepted date or some info from some other papers like 40 and 485