Tentative Jan \'02 Chennai CP Interviews

Gabbar - I don\'t think Global Trust is a nationalized bank. It is a private bank.

Any body flying via west coast?

If you have blocked / booked your tickets, can you plz inform the fare?
The lowest fare I am getting from Seattle for around 5th Jan, incl of taxes is 1220 Cathay & 1270 via Malaysian . I was wondering if there is some other better fare.
Thanks!

No Title

Does not look like anyone has called Chennai last night 12/11 (US)? Post if anyone has.

Tanani, As far as the person at Chennai giving the dates to some and not to some others, based on the postings, I think she gave the dates to people who called Monday morning (12/10 Chennai) and also for those people who called before 9:00-9:15 AM on 12/11 Chennai time on Tuesday morning.

After that it seems like they changed their policy to discourage calls and stuck with the standard answers "Please check with us on Friday". Just a guess, trying to make sense of a seemingly non-deterministic behaviour. But I hope I am right!

Folks who have been given an interview date on Monday or Tuesday please post if your facts disprove the above theory. (i.e post your replies to the above theory if you have been given interview dates on Tuesday after 9:15 AM Chennai Time or if you have not been given interview date on Monday, while you were expecting a January interview).

No one is answering

I called several times yesterday night but no one is answering the phone. May be they are not encouraging phone calls.

I guess the only option is to wait until Friday.

gc_hopeful it looks like your are right

I got my interview date confirmed when I called Chennai on Tuesday before 9:30AM IST.

Global trust is fine if it a Nationalized bank. I don\'t know if it is ?.

If you are not sure, you can just take DD near the Consulate. I think it is Indian Bank. They know exact ammount and are open early in the morning.

I called last night

I called last night and got through. However, the lady said that I need to check back on Friday. The same response from Monday. The thing that bugs me is that the both times (mon and tue), the ladies (different) asked for the case number and then asked me to call back on Friday. Maybe I am on a waitlist. Even the email response was to enquire on Friday.

My PIII was received in 11/6 and I have no idea when it was entered into their system.

MuthuS

Muthus, I am also from Philly. Having a tough time getting tickets to Chennai from PHI. My interview is on Jan 24 I think. I have some plans to fly from JFK. Please emailme at orumathiri@yahoo.com if you have any clues on Flights/Hotels etc etc.

Thanks

Saj

You need IRS 9003

You need IRS 9003 form. For applicants who file Adjustment of Status do not need it. I attended CP at Madras last month and they needed it.

Moreover 9003 form takes less than 5 minutes to fill. Just carry it along with you.

No Title

blue (CPTracker),

The folks with the same dates as mine (P3 mailed 10/10, Chennai Entered 10/29) are blue and aishsri.

Aishsri got his interview date given by the consulate on Tuesday.

Blue seems to have updated CPTracker today. He received a 1/30/2002 interview date. Blue can you please post when you were told of the inerview date? I appreciate your response.

Thank you

Anybody schduled on Jan 15th at CHENNAI

Hi All,

From cptracker, it looks like I am the only person scheduled for JAN 15. Please post, if anybody scheduled for jan 15.

Packet 4 from Chennai & PCC

Hi,
   My parents received my Packet 4 from the Chennai consulate yesterday, and the appointment letter apparently mentions Police verification along with birth certificates as a required document. Both my wife and I have stayed only in India and US, and no other country.
   This is mentioned in a "standard list of documents" section of the appointment letter. In the other enclosures that were received with Packet 4, the required documents are listed again, and PCC finds no mention there.
  To my query on requirement of PCC, that I had sent to the consulate last week, I received a response saying that I don\'t need it.
  I am not sure if the listing in the appointment letter because they use a standard letter that they send out to everyone.
   Any ideas

Thanks

rastapopulous - here is what skarekat from Mumbai consulte recieved

Is the chennai P-IV mention like this or is it just generic. Can you verify with your parents, if its like as mentioned below or not?. From skarekat\'s posting :
===================================
>
FOR ALL IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS: IMPORTANT NOTICE

1. As of January 1, 2002, ALL immigrant visa applicants over age 16 MUST
present Indian Police Certificates. Two certificates must be obtained as
follows: 1) a certificate from your local police station; 2) a certificate
from your Regional Passport Office.

2. For security reasons, applicants are NOT permitted to carry sealed
envelopes into the consulate, except for the medical report from the panel
physician. When you appear for your interview, please remove all required
documents from envelopes prior to entering the building. The Medical Report
SHOULD REMAIN SEALED.

3. Please read carefully the requirements regarding evidence of financial
support in the U.S. Please bring ALL required documents from the petitioner
and (if required) the joint sponsor on your FIRST visit. AVOID THE EXPENSE
AND INCONVENIENCE OF A SECOND TRIP TO THE CONSULATE. >
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING SPONSORS\' MINIMUM INCOME REQUIREMENTS.
>

>

Hope this helps

No Title

Gabbar,
The appointment letter simply lists "Police verification" as a bullet in the list of docs required. Nothing more than that. My father read the contents verbatim. Which is why I suspect it is due to a standard template they use.
  I specifically asked if there was any sort of notice iwith the enclosures, and the answer was .no.

Thanks

gc_hopefull2000

I did not call the consulate, I got the P4 in India on 12/12. That is how I know my interview date.

GC_hopeful2000, If you want more hope and I suppose you do, look at the posting below by Poet

MuthuS,
Did you get your interview date by calling Chennai consulate? In that case, be watchful. I called them Monday Morning IST and they gave me an interview date in fourth week of January and I called them again the next day ie Tuesday morning IST and they told me that there is a slight change and they asked me again to call them on Friday. I almost bought my tickets to India.

regards,
Poet

This ties into your theory that they clamped up after 9:30 AM on Tuesday.

Requesting MuthuS, rastapopulous, sri_sm and Kudos .

I would request MuthuS, rastapopulous, sri_sm and Kudos to post the exact time and date that you called and got your interview dates confirmed.
Thanks

May be a good idea to clarify with the consulate again

It may not be required as quite a few of us have asked and recieved a consistent "no" as the answer. But one more clarification won\'t hurt. If you do find out please post so that others can avoid calling for the same clarification.

Thanks

AIM, I am planning to Fly on Jan 4th, Price 1215.

I am planning to fly from San Fran to MAA on Jan 4th. My tickets are on waiting list now, seems like they will confirm. Price 1215 per person on Cathay.