Tanani I don\'t think the hypothesis is correct

Here are my details anyways
pkt 3 mailed - 10/23
recieved at cons - 10/27
entered in sys - don\'t know but confirmed that it has

and still no interview date !

No Title

Tanani,
Relax, we will get Jan 2002 interview dates. The lady was just playing hard ball with us. She had information in front of her and she was not willing to give because as she said maybe the dates were not set in stone or may be she is under directive from her superiors. Either way I believe we will get Jan 2002 interview dates.

Mine was entered into their system on 10/29/2002. P3 reached Chennai on 10/15/2002.

No Title

Rajesh Paul, I am saying that if one\'s case is entered into their system after 11/20 then in all probability Jan is out.
Gc_hopeful, I hope you are right. But some of the people who called in yesterday did get to know their date. The way to explain this could be whenever the lady was strict with herself she refused to give the date and whenever she was a little easy on somebody she gave out the date. May be it was our voice or manner in which we asked. Also, I did not get any reply for my e-mail sent yesterday morning our time.

I will second that

Most probably the lady had our interview dates in front of her but was playing hard to discourage such calls in the future. If our interview was not scheduled she would have given the usual "another 6-8 weeks till interview date" reply.
This is just my theory though.

Guys, Please do not speculate. One who did not get dates does not mean you do not get Jan.

Just hang on. Consulate is flooded with enquiries about the Interview Dates. That\'s why they are discouraging. they are working on updating the system now. We should get conformed dates by Friday. It is easy for me to say because I got the date. But just understand the situation. You all get the Jan. Interviews if your cases are entered by Nov.20th. Good Luck to all of you.

Hi Superman, here are the hotel phone#s

The hotel phone nos in chennai, My cousin stayed in New woodlands. Deluxe room was around Rs 900.

New Woodlands Hotel
Ph# 44-8273111

Hotel Ranjith
Ph# 44-8270521

Good luck

Tentative Jan Chennai Interviews

My spouse is in India and she had faxed Pkt3 on Nov 13. Yesterday night Spouse called chennai at 8:35 (chennai time) and I called at 8:38 (channai time), lady had told our interview date as Jan 16. She said that just now somebody called reg- same case. I told her that\'s my spouse.

Lady is polite and she is not polite if you repeat any questions.

Thanx TL

gabbar, Hotel Stay

I am planning to stay @ Rangith/New Woodlands/New Picnic.
Rangith is 2 blocks from Consulate. New WoodLands is in a km. distance. New Picnic is by Railway Stn. New Picnic is closer to Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi. I took appointment on 1/23 @ 5:00 p.m. I will do Lister on 1/23 morning. I will have 1/24 open just in case. Let me know what hotels you are considering. I may have to book 3 rooms for me. So, I am going for an average/3 Star. Because of the One-day match, we may have to book in advance. E-mail me vpentela@hotmail.com

Superman

I will discuss hotels later with you. Meanwhile for IRS-9003 , can we just download and take it with us. Also does it need to be notarized. I will send you e-mail later.

Interview on Jan 25.....

Called Chennai last night. Lady told me that my interview is on Jan 25. Good luck guys....

Would drafts from Global Trust Bank in Hyd, payable in Chennai work?

or does it have to be a nationalized bank.

Check P4 regarding PCC requirement

Hi guys
I was reading from the Bombay interview thread that all the P4s for the Jan interview have an enclosure requesting the applicants to get a PCC from the Regional Passport Office and the Local Police Station. I was just wondering if anyone has received a P4 from Chennai and has seem anything similar. Applying for PCC anywhere in USA takes 35 days and it might not be enough for people with earlier in the month interviews.

Anycase my interview according to the impatient lady at the Chennai consulate is scheduled for the 29th.

And just when you were thinking the PCC story is closed ;)

Thanx

No Title

Did any of you guys call the 811-2000 number to enquire regarding your immigration visa interview date?

I understand that 811-2060 is the phone number for immigration visa questions but do they have immigration visa information when we call 811-2000.

Are both the phones answered by the same people?

Just curios, your feedback is appreciated!