successful CP MUMBAI AC140

Ques. on PCC from NY:
================
In what fomat the Indian Cnsulate, NY issued PCC?.

Recently I got PCC from NY. They have issued like this...,

This is to certify that there is no adverse information in respect of ---(you name s/o faher's name)---holder of Indian passpor no.--(passport#)--issued at --(place & date of issue)---, which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for USA.

Is the above format OK?

For all you GURUS:

Had quick questions:
1) I am in mumbai at present (for past 2.5 yrs), I have EB3 category.
My history: 140 approved on oct 30th 2003, the approval notice had error on it - it assumed I'm in USA and asked for 485 or 824 (even though CP was requested in the initial application)
2) Many reminder's sent to VSC and the mumbai consulate but nothing heard from tham todate, what more to do?

Please reply. (Please do not erase this from the forum)

gc_mangta:

I have replied to this question on the previous page of this thread. I would not wait but file I-824 and pursue AC I-140 and include proof that you have done your level best to correct the mistake of USCIS with respect to your CP option and it has been more than 4 months and this is the cause for hardship!

Do I need 824 or AC140?

CP was indicated when my application for 140 was sent, 140 got approved last week. What should my next step be? Does that mean my application was sent with 824? Or does that need to be sent out again, Does the paperwork go directly to the Consulate (Mumbai)? Does AC140 apply to me? Also how long would you estimate for interview from 02/15/04. All help clarifying these concerns would be highly appreciated.

vijay04:

Since your opted for CP in your I-140 application, your fiel will automatically be transferred to NVC in about 4 weeks and that is when your case will be created @ NVC.

Check NVC home page for more details:
http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html

Check http://www.cptracker.com for detailed steps and time frames for CP

In your case assuming everything goes smoothly which in most cases does from here on...it should take another 6-8 months for your cp interview!

AC I-140 is only for folks who applied for 485 and are now opting for CP process!

gc_mangta:

I have replied to this question on the previous page of this thread. I would not wait but file I-824 and pursue AC I-140 and include proof that you have done your level best to correct the mistake of USCIS with respect to your CP option and it has been more than 4 months and this is the cause for hardship!

Since you have waited 4 months I am not sure what to suggest other than file AC I-140 by including I-824 receipt!

I do agree with KD. There is no point correcting INS even if they made mistake. AC140 is safe and quick route to GC. I just wish I knew about it earlier.

Q: Regarding all the above, thanks a lot, I have EB3, can I still do AC I-140? Bcos my lawyer kept on telling me for past months that we cannot go through that route???

Q: If yes, how do I approach it? Which forms / packet to complete? From where to get them and to whom do I submit it?

Thanks a lot guys, you made me see a thin ray of hope !!!

SSN (Social Security card) - Question

Guys,
I just received the Intervewi date (Mumbai) on 23rd April. Question I have is,
What do I CHECK in the form when the ask asbotu my wifes Social Security Card assistance.

She alrwady have Not eligibale for work SSN?

Please help.

parekhalpa:

For your spouse who does not have a SSN number currently, teh answer to:
1. Question 33a will be NO and YES to assign.

2. Question 33b will be YES

CP in Chennai

Hi all,

I filed my I-140 (RD Nov 2003) and I-485/EAD/AP (RD Dec 2003) all at VSC. I filed under the EB-1 (Outstanding Professor/Researcher category).

Looking at the frustratingly long waits even for EAD/AP, I'm wondering if I should switch to CP in Chennai.

1) Is this switch advisable?
2) What forms need to be filed?
3) What are the processing times like for various stages in this process? (www.cptracker.com somehow doesn't show up properly in my browser window)
4) Any recent experiences along these lines, or success/horror stories with CP in Chennai?

Many thanks in advance for any pointers!

-Madhu

Re: CP in Chennai

Originally posted by madhuvn
Hi all,

I filed my I-140 (RD Nov 2003) and I-485/EAD/AP (RD Dec 2003) all at VSC. I filed under the EB-1 (Outstanding Professor/Researcher category).

Looking at the frustratingly long waits even for EAD/AP, I'm wondering if I should switch to CP in Chennai.

1) Is this switch advisable?

{While this would have been a confident 'Yes' with other
consulates, it is not so for Chennai. Unfortunately Chennai
is not favourable to accepting cases of AC 140 (from what
we have been reading in the forum).

So, in your case you would need to file form I-824 and wait
till it is approved before you can approach the Consulate.
The wait for such approval being about an year now, the
benefit for you is not much. }

2) What forms need to be filed?

{Form I-824 as above}

3) What are the processing times like for various stages in this process? (www.cptracker.com somehow doesn't show up properly in my browser window)

4) Any recent experiences along these lines, or success/horror stories with CP in Chennai?

{Fortunately there are no horror stories (very few and
isolated if any ) associated with Chennai with regard to CP or
for that matter with any of the Consulates. Only problem with
Chennai is, as I mentioned above, they do not seem to be
receptive to AC 140 cases }

Many thanks in advance for any pointers!

-Madhu

{my responses}

Check out your options before you act.

Raju

Originally posted by kd1403
parekhalpa:

For your spouse who does not have a SSN number currently, teh answer to:
1. Question 33a will be NO and YES to assign.

2. Question 33b will be YES

Just wondering how do I obtain the Soc. Security Card with the WORK PERMITT.

parekalpa:

Once you get yoru I-551 stamp in your passport after entering USA on successful CP, you can go to your local SSA office, apply for a new card (if you have an existing one) or a new SSN number if you did not have one. Carry your passport to show proof of I-551 stamp.

Forms are available at the SSA offices or check this online site if you wish to download:
http://www.immihelp.com/forms/ssa.html

To all AC140 gurus, Rajiv:

I got my 140 approved recently, I now want to do AC140. (Mumbai Consulate)

The problem is :

I am on EAD, (H1 has expired), my spouse has H1 but wants to change the company.

My lawyer is extremely bad.

1) What is the risk involved if I go for Attorney certified?

2) Do I need the 140 approval original for applying and what are the other necessary things required?

3) I guess the timeframe to get interview would be around 3-4 months? Am I right???

4) Do the medicals done for 485 valid or I have to redo in India??

If I wait for 485 it would take atleast 1 1/2 years more.

Please let me know the options

To all AC140 gurus, Rajiv:

I got my 140 approved recently, I now want to do AC140. (Mumbai Consulate)

The problem is :

I am on EAD, (H1 has expired), my spouse has H1 but wants to change the company.

My lawyer is extremely bad.

2) Do I need the 140 approval original for applying and what are the other necessary things required?

3) I guess the timeframe to get interview would be around 3-4 months? Am I right???

If I wait for 485 it would take atleast 1 1/2 years more.

Please let me know the options

dom:

Answer: Same as 485. If CP is unsuccessful then there is no fall back. Read this...
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhimmi.html#refused

==============================================

Answer: AC I-140 can be done only by an attorney. So first you need to convince your attorney without which this process cannot proceed. After your attorneys are convinced, company will need to file I-824 and on getting I-824 receipt, attorneys will need to mail AC I-140 packet to mumbai and from this (mailing the packet) point you can expect interview in about 4 months!
Read following for AC I-140 process and documents involved:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

Answer: I-824 application receipt 1 month plsu AC I-140 mailing to getting interview date 4 months! So total 5 months.

Answer: Depends on doctors in mumbai...many vaccine records will be accepted but you cannot avoid Medicals required for CP interview based on medicals done for 485!

Kd1403

Thanks kd1403

Another issue is I am now on EAD, my H1 expired and was not renewed. As I understand once I824 is filed and you get the receipt my AOS petition is deemed to be withdrawn.

Is this the case or will the approval of I-824 and getting the interview date (ie before one goes to the interview ) the EAD validity remains?

DOM:

Normally after I-824 filing and before I-824 approval, company receives a letter requesting a confirmation of change from AOS to CP...once this letter is signed and sent ..it is at this point AOs is deemed to be terminated. With understaffing, it is taking about 6-9 months for these letters to be generated.

But a free advice would be to consult a lawyer such as rajiv khanna who has experience with AC I-140 cases and especially cases where h-1b has expired.