successful CP MUMBAI AC140

prasadk

Registered Users (C)
By God\'s grace we have successfully completed CP Interview at Mumbai.

Enetered consulate at 10:30, asked to submit documents at 11:45 and done at 1:00. No local PCC. Very simple procedure. I think because of AC140 it took an hour extra time for me. Fees $335 per person (combined). If you have paid $265 in USA then you need only $65 per person.

Medicals at Lilavati, Visa section person did a good job, however we had to wait for Doctor Check-Up and Reports. Gave reports at 5:45 PM.

Stayed at Regencey Hotel in Santacruz.

One thing I noted on how to write names in DS230 Part I and II, if you have big names (with multiple words then except last name (sir name) all words goes to \'First Name\', you can not take one word as first name and rest middle names. So whatever the name you get on the greencard is (how it is on the passport, given name in the passport taken as first name. Same with your parents names also.

You write american address as local address in DS 230 Part I and II. They will ask you to change that to Indian address. Not a big deal. I also noted every one not asked to change.

No organisers, pagers, phones and women hand bags allowed just for information. Office files for documents allowed inside consualte, no need to carry them in papers.

I have valid H1 and H4 for my wife and took PCC from Indian consualte New York. So no complicated scenarios. I have had 2 H1s from Mumbai. So the interview is very simple, no questions asked. Not even pay slips. Bank statements. Mine is Ac140 case, I thought they would ask some documents, to my surprise they did not. I wonder they believe the attorney certified documents like that.

Any questions glad to answer. One suggestion you don\'t need to spend time and money on getting local PCC from India. I did not take.

Prasad

AC140 CP Mumbai More Info

Do you mind sharing more info on how long it took you to complete the whole CP proces - I mean starting from the time you told your attorney to initiate the AC CP application. Did you file for I-824? How did you know that Mumbai Consulate was willing to process your application? Did you communicate with them before forwarding the papers?

Do you mind sharing your attorney\'s contact information.

You can reply at yogesh.kher@chase.com.

Thanks

Hello Prasadk,
I am doing AC-I140 in New delhi. How did you know that the consulate accepted your case?
How many days after you sent your case did you come to know whether Mumbai accepted it or not?
did you contact the consulate or did they email your lawyer ??
Could you send me your email as I have to ask you some questions.
I am in a tough situation. I hope that my AC I-140 gets done by AUgust because my company has no budget for me after sept-oct
hoping for a reply

No%20Title.

Hello Prasadk, I am doing AC-I140 in New delhi. How did you know that the consulate accepted your case? How many days after you sent your case did you come to know whether Mumbai accepted it or not? did you contact the consulate or did they email your lawyer ?? Could you send me your email as I have to ask you some questions. I am in a tough situation. I hope that my AC I-140 gets done by AUgust because my company has no budget for me after sept-oct hoping for a reply

search for \'prasadk\' in this web site you get all my postings

You can mail me at prasadk@graffiti.net. I am going to be in India in next month also so I may be replying late.

I did not contact Mumbai before sending papers, I learned from this web site that it is accepting if they believe that the case comes under their district and it is valid case. Valid not valid that is their discretion, but my observation generally they do not decline any request if you have any visa from them.

I asked my attorney in the last week of March to start AC140, by Apr 15 papers were reached Mumbai. I learned on Apr 16 that they accepted. Interview was on June 24th. I can share my attorney info if I am convinced that you really need to know. Generally in this process you need to get the papers Attorney Certified. That your attorney should be able to help. You need a request letter also from him/her.

I filed I-824 to change the consulate, my original consualte is Chennai and I request for Mumbai by filing I-824, as I have H1B from Mumbai.

Please see my another posting in this discussion

I have answered all your questions. I have posted some detailed messages in this web site. Please search for \'prasadk\', you can see all messages posted by me.

Thanks.

Hello Prasadk,
Thanks for the info. Did your lawyer tell you that on April 16, Mumbai had accepted the papers?
How did they contact the lawyer?
Thanks
monu

No%20Title.

Hello Prasadk, Thanks for the info. Did your lawyer tell you that on April 16, Mumbai had accepted the papers? How did they contact the lawyer? Thanks monu

Attorney need to give e-mail address in the covering letter

if Attorney doesn\'t have one then give your e-mail ID. They will generally send an e-mail after they accepted, that varies typically 1 to 4 days. if either you or your attorney do not receive confirmation then better to send an e-mail, calling them will be very difficult and genereally you will not be able to reach correct person. so e-mail will be the best way to contact them.

In my case the very same day they received they accepted and next day they sent an e-mail with case number to my attorney, she forwarded me the information to me. after one week i contacted them for tentative interview date.. they told me to contact in first week of may and interview will be in june. typically if your case is accepted by any month before 20th then you would get interview in the next after next month.

AC140 conditions

My understanding is that AC-140 application can be made by someone who cannot wait for the usual time-frame of I-485 processing due to some valid problem - OR in some form of emergency. The applicant needs to convince the consular officer that AC-140 is the only option available for him/her under current circumstances.

It does not appear to be the case with few people in this forum who have done AC-140. Can someone throw light on this point?

I received LC approval recently and have filed for I140 with INS indicating AOS. I would like to know whether I have the option of CP via AC140 open.

KAT02.

AC140 conditions

My understanding is that AC-140 application can be made by someone who cannot wait for the usual time-frame of I-485 processing due to some valid problem - OR in some form of emergency. The applicant needs to convince the consular officer that AC-140 is the only option available for him/her under current circumstances.

It does not appear to be the case with few people in this forum who have done AC-140. Can someone throw light on this point?

I received LC approval recently and have filed for I140 with INS indicating AOS. I would like to know whether I have the option of CP via AC140 open.

KAT02.

AC140 conditions

My understanding is that AC-140 application can be made by someone who cannot wait for the usual time-frame of I-485 processing due to some valid problem - OR in some form of emergency. The applicant needs to convince the consular officer that AC-140 is the only option available for him/her under current circumstances. It does not appear to be the case with few people in this forum who have done AC-140. Can someone throw light on this point? I received LC approval recently and have filed for I140 with INS indicating AOS. I would like to know whether I have the option of CP via AC140 open. KAT02.

AC140 conditions

My understanding is that AC-140 application can be made by someone who cannot wait for the usual time-frame of I-485 processing due to some valid problem - OR in some form of emergency. The applicant needs to convince the consular officer that AC-140 is the only option available for him/her under current circumstances. It does not appear to be the case with few people in this forum who have done AC-140. Can someone throw light on this point? I received LC approval recently and have filed for I140 with INS indicating AOS. I would like to know whether I have the option of CP via AC140 open. KAT02.

you are correct - now a days consulates are accepting AC140

even you do not choose AOS in your I-140 application, they are just accepting merely based on your I-824. they are not looking whther your 140 approved for CP or AOS. there are number of people doing AC140 having approved 140\'s for CP. you have a choice if the consulate of your consular district processes AC140. delhi and mumbai does process not chennai.

AC-140

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I have indicated AOS on my I140 application. If I opt for AC140 after getting I140 approval, will the consulate decide whether it will accept my application and inform me about it? i.e if it denies my application, I will not get an appointment for consular interview and I can proceed with I485. Is this correct?

Is my I485 in danger if AC140 application is denied and I am not granted an appointment/interview? is it the consulate OR the St. Louis(?) office that decides on it?

AC-140

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I have indicated AOS on my I140 application. If I opt for AC140 after getting I140 approval, will the consulate decide whether it will accept my application and inform me about it? i.e if it denies my application, I will not get an appointment for consular interview and I can proceed with I485. Is this correct? Is my I485 in danger if AC140 application is denied and I am not granted an appointment/interview? is it the consulate OR the St. Louis(?) office that decides on it?

basically you need to spend some time to gather information on this subject

1. if your AC140 appliation not accepted then they will notify by the e-mail id youn have given in your covering letter, if you did not receive an e-mail within a week then things are not going well and you ought to contact consulate

2. St. Louis or NVC will not be aware of your AC140 processing

3. You need to file I-824 to send AC140 application to consulate, otherwise they will right out reject your application. If you file I-824 INS will assume that your AOS application is abandoned. I do not know what would happen if you do not file 485 but filed I-824 and tried to do AC140 but that is not accepted. You went back and filed now 485, what would happen in this case, i am not sure. you might want to do some research.

Hello Prasadk,
Thanks for the info. about how the consulate contacts back.
I sent the packet to the consulate a few days ago. I hope that they have received it by now.
I will call my lawyer soon.
I will update the forum as soon as I have some info. also.
monu