successful CP MUMBAI AC140

THANKS KD1403

THANKS KD1403,

YOUR KNOWLEDGEABLE ADVISE HAS BEEN VERY FRUITFUL. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

I GUESS IT WOULD BE BETTER IF I WAIT FOR ANOTHER YEAR OR SO!!

AC 140 question - Mumbai consulate

My lawyer filed for an AC 140 at Mumbai consulate for myself and my wife. Received an e-mail today with a case number BMB **********. Does this mean that the Mumbai consulate has agreed to process my GC via the CP technique? Response would be greatly appreciated.

srisubra:

Yes the fact that you have received a BMB2004 number means that your case has been accepted. Expect interview in June 2004 (slight chance of May 04)!

AC140 Route

Hi Guys,
The AC140 route was mentioned to me by a friend and then I discovered this thread which seemed immensly helpful.

So here is where I am at
1. Applied for Concurrent I-140/485 in July 2003 in the EB2 category.
2. Already have my EAD and Advanced Parole.
3. Still have around 2 1/2 years on my H1.

Is AC-140 still an good option these days?

My I-140 should be approved within the next month or so.

My lawyers are ok but would need convincing.
I have already spoken to them but they had questions regarding the hardship clause.

What can we come up with regarding this issue. Since I have 2 1/2 year still left on my H1. I can't use time as a hardship.
Can you guys throw some light on this issue.
Thanks

parikshat:

A number of AC I-140 applications have been accepted without a letter stating reasons for hardship and there are cases where such cases have been accepted with reasons being "having to wait for 485 approval which currently is taking xx months" would cause hardship!

AC I-140 after I-824 is processed?

Hi guys,

A question. I understand that usually you get your interview through AC I-140 even before your I-824 is processed by Immigration Service. But what if after you file your AC I-140, Immigration Service processed your I-824 and asked you whether you want to stay with I-485 or formally switch to CP. Obviously, choosing to stick with I-485 precludes me from further pursuing CP. If I choose to formally switch to CP, then I will be put on the regular CP track. But could you still keep my AC I-140 case active? Do I have to retract my AC I-140 case?

Thanks.

liul

liul:

If this situation occurs as you mentioned above then you have to decide one way (485) or the other (CP via AC I-140). But if your consulate does not accept AC I-140 then you can follow the normal CP route vi aNVC after I-824 approval.

You cant have it both ways!

hey raj:

posted answers to all yoru questions in one of the other 3 threads you have posted these same questions in!

HI KD1403

I got my PCC from indian consulate chicago do i need to get one from india as well ? My wife got the PCC from india on march2004 does she need to get one from indian consulate chicago can you please reply Thanks in advance

patu:

For one currently residing in usa (that is you) , 1 PCC is required which one can get from indian mebassy/ consulates in usa.

For one currently residing in india (that is your wife if she is in india), 2 pcc's are required: ! from local police (commissioner's office) and 1 from regional passport office.

Remember Indian pcc's are valid for only 180 days. So they should not be more than 180 days as on the date of your interview!

Hi KD1403,

Thanks for the reply Actually my wife is staying in USA only but we went to india for a month so got one PPC for her from india do i need to get another one for her from here (indian consulate chicago).

patu:

Getting pcc from an indian embassy/ consulate is a matter of convenience for those residing in usa but if you decide to get pcc from india then you need 2 (from local police and rpo) as i mentioned earlier. I recommend as a matter of convenience get your spouses pcc from indian consulate in chicago like you did for yours!

Ques. about AC-140

I am waiting for my I-140 approval and have opted for AOS.

I fall under Mumbai consulate and thinking of doing AC-140 once the I-140 is approved. I am married but my wife who is a Canadian citizen, still is not in USA so I have not added her name in I-485 so far.

Do I first need to apply I-485 for her and then include in AC-140 application ? Or I can include her name also in AC-140 application by ignoring I-485 for her ?

Re: Ques. about AC-140

Originally posted by GC_SEARCH
I am waiting for my I-140 approval and have opted for AOS.

I fall under Mumbai consulate and thinking of doing AC-140 once the I-140 is approved. I am married but my wife who is a Canadian citizen, still is not in USA so I have not added her name in I-485 so far.

Do I first need to apply I-485 for her and then include in AC-140 application ? Or I can include her name also in AC-140 application by ignoring I-485 for her ?

I added my wife's name at AC-140 stage. Both of us now have GC. My application for I-485 was for myself alone - did not add wife to that.

Hope this helps.

KAT02.

puhrince:

There is no such timelimit that one needs to be on AOS to be eligible for AC I-140. It is known that AC I-140 is available only to those folks who have filed 485 with with I-140 applicaiton or later on but now have decided to move to the CP process.

i guess we are talking on the other thread too..but anyways since you replied to my question here, : )....

what i meant is don't u have to 'suffer' for some months on 485 before actually claiming hardship, which is the basis for applying for AC 140 ? more like a minimum period of wait?

puhrince:

what i meant is don't u have to 'suffer' for some months on 485 before actually claiming hardship, which is the basis for applying for AC 140 ? more like a minimum period of wait?

Answer: Technically yes you should be on 485 for a reasonable amount of time. What is reasonable time is a guess! But we have seen a number of cases where folks who have been on 485 for less than 3 months have proceeded with AC I-140 successfully on the claim that if they pursue 485 it will take longer time than CP. I am not sure how much weightage the hardship letter has on accepting or denying AC I-140 application.