successful CP MUMBAI AC140

Finally got my BMB number, NOW WHAT?

Pranaams to all the gurus and all that have been great help.
Got a letter from the consulate giving us the BMB number and the DS forms.

Our questions are:
1) Do we have to re-write the DS forms and re-submit them to the Mumbai consulate?
2) Our lawyer says that the sponsor company only has to send in the employment letter to us now, the I-864 and last 3 years tax returns of the company are not necessary.
Is this true? Can someone send in a reference so that I can e-mail the lawyer that the above is/is not true.
3) When can we expect to have our interviews?
I'll really be grateful if you can answer the above ASAP.
Thanking you,
GCM

GC_Mangta said:
Our questions are:
1) Do we have to re-write the DS forms and re-submit them to the Mumbai consulate?

{ You need to fill the DS-230 part II form unsigned and if you have a copy of the DS-230 Part I then it should be fine enough }

2) Our lawyer says that the sponsor company only has to send in the employment letter to us now, the I-864 and last 3 years tax returns of the company are not necessary.

{If yours is a Employment based GC then you don't need the above only employment letter is important (notorised) }

Is this true? Can someone send in a reference so that I can e-mail the lawyer that the above is/is not true.
3) When can we expect to have our interviews?

{ 60 days from now }

I'll really be grateful if you can answer the above ASAP.

{ All yours questions were answered in this forum in different threads}

Thanking you,

GCM

Thanks

vm,

Soon I expect to be in the position of GCM (i.e., case number receipt + DS forms etc. - although from the Delhi consulate).

My question is: do we have to send this DS form back to the consulate or just hand over at the interview ? Does consulate expect us to submit anything (anything at all) before the interview ?

Many thanks!

gumbo said:
vm,

Soon I expect to be in the position of GCM (i.e., case number receipt + DS forms etc. - although from the Delhi consulate).

My question is: do we have to send this DS form back to the consulate or just hand over at the interview ?

{I am assuming that your case has been created at the Delhi consulate, So in that case you DS-230 Part I form is already with them but they do send it again so just fill it up or as stated above you can have a copy of the one you have send it and fill the DS-230 part II and carry with you }

Does consulate expect us to submit anything (anything at all) before the interview ?

{Once your case is created and before the interview nothing has to be submitted except waiting to hear from them}

Many thanks!

RE: Bangalore local police PCC

OK, now that I have completed my Mumbai PCC's I am heading to Bangalore for the local police PCC.
Anyone knowing where to go, whom to contact?
Will greatly appreciate info input.
Thanking you in advance,
GCM
(Forgive me if this is seen in multiple postings - I am really desperate for an answer)

GC_Mangta said:
GCM
(Forgive me if this is seen in multiple postings - I am really desperate for an answer)

{Can you Please delete your multiple postings for the same question,

you put in any thread it will be answered as it will be highlited when a new user comes in. Every one is desperate for the answer when they put the question.

The answer to your question is you need to follow the same procedure as you followed for Mumbai. The Comissioner's office or the RPO of the place you stayed.}

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Gurus,

I just got my I-140 approved from CSC couple of days back. In my I-140, it was mentioned that I would choose I-485 process. I am yet to file I-485.

After reading this thread completely, my idea of going for AC-I-140 is completely ruled out as I am from Chennai, got my first H1 stamped in Chennai.

Has anyone seen any news about Chennai consulate whether it accepts AC-I-140 or not? I haven't read other threads yet.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Please answer me as soon as you can as I need to decide the path in next few days.

goodluck_140 said:
Hello Gurus,

I just got my I-140 approved from CSC couple of days back. In my I-140, it was mentioned that I would choose I-485 process. I am yet to file I-485.

After reading this thread completely, my idea of going for AC-I-140 is completely ruled out as I am from Chennai, got my first H1 stamped in Chennai.

Has anyone seen any news about Chennai consulate whether it accepts AC-I-140 or not? I haven't read other threads yet.

{No Chennai does not accept for AC-140, But you can file I-824 to change from AOS to CP, I don't know which service center you belong to but if you belong to NSC then you should get your approval in few months then you can go with normal CP processing through NVC which overall will be faster than I-485 }

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Please answer me as soon as you can as I need to decide the path in next few days.

Thanks

Thanks VM1214.

I filed my GC in CSC. Looks like I-824 is taking more than a year in CSC. Currently, they are processing Sep'2003.

Probably, in my case it would be better to stick with AOS processing.

Cp waiting Time At Mumbai

how much is the waiting time for CP interview once your 140 is approved At Mumbai Consulate?

Is there any way to get faster CP interview date?

Thanks

GreenMD2003 said:
how much is the waiting time for CP interview once your 140 is approved At Mumbai Consulate?

Is there any way to get faster CP interview date?

{{ Your questions are answered in different thread}}}

Thanks

Regarding PCC

Hello Folks,

My I-140 (with CP option) is still more than 6 months away and I have started thinking about PCCs. Here are the details.

CP Site: Mumbai
Old passport issued at: Bhopal, India (expired early 2004)
New passport issued at: Chicago, USA (valid for 10 yrs)
with perm address: in Gujarat, India
local address: in Chicago, USA
Stay in US: over 6 years

1. Do I still need to get PCCs from passport and CID offices in India?
2. Since my current passport was issued at Chicago, would getting a clearance from Chicago office suffice?
3. Does anyone know if you submit your passport at Chicago consulate, how long will they take to get PCCs (so that I don't have to go to India)?

Thanks a lot in advance.
DG.

little correction

I am in same kind of situtation. Old passport form Mumbai and new one from chicago. I just recently applied for PCC and Indian consulate in Chicago told me that it will take 4-5 week to get PCC.

If your passport has been issued in Chicago at least Five years back then it's one week.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All CP guru's,

I have few questions, please answer them,
1. For faster CP process, what is the best way, A. To file I-140 as CP, and once 140 is approved go for AC140 and start CP process(do I need to fiel I824 in this case too). or B, file I140 as AOS and then later on 140 geting approved file I824 and then with receipt of I824(as I'am from Mumbai) get AC140 and continue with CP process.

2 .Please tell me which one is better, my understanding after going thru various threads in this forum is, if we file i140 with intention of CP< then I cannot use AC140 is this correct ? . Also by filing I140 as CP does it expedites the I140 process as there is no attached application for 485 ?

3. Suppose I go for CP process, and as per current speed I anticipate to get my CP interview inmonyh of May/June 2005, now in this conditions, can just I go for interview leaving my wife behind in US and postponing her interview date on some other date say 2 months after my interview, reason being we will be having newly born baby then, so in this case can I do this of postponing my wife interview at later date.Or is it constarinted as both husnand wife need to go together for CP interview.

awaiting answer

CP document

Hi,

I have CP interview scheduled on 19th Nov. 2004. Do I need to take all orignals of H1B approvals. I have lost one but I do have a copy of it.

Thanks

patelash01 said:
Hi,

I have CP interview scheduled on 19th Nov. 2004. Do I need to take all orignals of H1B approvals. I have lost one but I do have a copy of it.

Thanks

This is not a required document, however candidates do carry them to show if needed. It is not a problem if you don't have originals (actually the original belongs to the employer). Just carry the copy you have.

Raju

CP Interview Mumbai

After your I -140 is approved at TSC , how long is the waiting time to get appointment for CP interview at mumbai consulate.

Is there any possibility to expedite process an NVS or consulate level?

Thanks

GreenMD2003,
I would just go to cptracker.com and find out how long it takes. I would guess anywhere from 4 to 9 months. And I am not aware of any method to speed up the process.
Ram_frm_RIC.

CP Interview in Mumbai

Hi All,

I didn't go through NVC. My lawyer just sent an application with atterony certified copy of I-140 and all necessary supporting documents. Mumbai US consulate excepted it and scheduled an interview in 2 months.

It is very fast. :) I am going to Indian very soon.