successful CP MUMBAI AC140

Thanks Ram_Frm_RIC, kd1403 for your prompt response.
I called FBI NNCP office yesterday and they say...they are heavily backlogged..so it may take few months. I will try to see if my H1 gets extended, maybe will go with CP route after couple of months wait. Maybe I will definitely need help, if I go through CP, and will bug you guys more at that time :)

Thanks again !

CP AT Mumbai

shashinm said:
Hello Everybody.. I just wanted to know if any of you have applied for or gone thru the CP process using AC-140 in Mumbai within the past couple of months. Would really appreciate your inputs/exeriences on the same. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shashin.

I have done my CP successfully in Mumbai on 19th of Nov. It went very smooth. We were not asked for any extra documents. It was finished in less than 3 mins.

Best of Luck.
Patel

Congrats Patel !

Can you post the list of documents submitted before the interview and questions asked by the consular officer?

Thanks..

CP AT Mumbai

The list of documents asked from us.

1) Birth Certificates + 2 copy
2) Marraige Certificates + 2 copy
3) PCC (Got it From Indian Consulate Chicago)
4) Employment Letter (Notorized)
5) Current H1B approval notice (Didn't have visa in my passport)
6) DS-230 Part I & II
7) Medical Reports

No other documents asked from us.

Qs asked to us in interview

Cons- Why did you leave XXX (My previous company- Fortune 10 company)?
Ans - Better opportunity
Cons- Better than XXX company
Ans - My company was placing me outside of Detroit and my wife (She was on H1) was working in Detroit so wanted to stay with family
Cons - Oh...I can understand that

Cons - Ok...guys I am giving you visas. Collect them at 3'0 clock today.

Hope this will help you out.

Best of luck.

Patel

Ac 140

Hi Patel,
Congrats on the successful interview. Can you tell us how long it took for the Consulate to respond with a BMB no after your lawyer sent the package?
thanks
Domplo

Do we have to inform NSC after AC140 approval

Hi Gurus;
I was wondering if we/lawyer have to inform NSC after AC140 approval, especially from Mumbai because then AC140 would have been done without I824 approval.
Please let me know your thoughts.

CP to I485 to AC140-is it possible?-risk involved

Gurus,

My I140 got approved in Aug 2004 with CP option on it :) . However, because of recent EB-3 retrogression, I missed my CP interview at Mumbai by a month :( . Since my PD is Apr 2003 and I am not sure how fast it will move, I have deceided to go for I-485 option.

Q: By some miracle if PD becomes current in near future, would I be able to change my application from I485 to AC140 to make things faster? Are there any risks involved in this approach :confused: ?

Thanks,
Explorer.

immiadvice said:
Hi Gurus;
I was wondering if we/lawyer have to inform NSC after AC140 approval, especially from Mumbai because then AC140 would have been done without I824 approval.
Please let me know your thoughts.

I followed the AC140 route to get my GC. I used the !824 receipt notice and went through the CP process. After returning as LPR and getting the physical GC, my lawyer received notice from USCIS asking whether I intend to pursue CP OR wish to go back to AOS. This I believe was the point when USCIS had started processing my I824 application (about 6-7 months from the date of receipt). My lawyer responded with a note that I had in fact fininshed the GC process through CP and sent a copy of my GC along with it. He received a reply from USCIS that my file (for AOS) had been closed since I already had received my GC.

A colleague of mine did AC140 through Korean consulate and he did not get any such letter and he did not inform USCIS. So I guess you should not worry about it.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure that is required. We didn't give compelling reasons for doing AC I-140 in China. You can consult lawyers to see if different consulates have different requirements.

Question for people who did AC I-140, about AP?

Hi
This is a question for people who did AC I-140 and who had advance parole (from their pending I-484 application). Did you submit your advance parole together with the other paperwork (and EAD) during the interview at the consulate? Did they ask you if you have one?
Thanks
November1

Do I shift to CP?

Hi Gurus,

I am new to this thread and want some info, if anyone can please help me.

My PD is 22Feb02 and I currently have an approved EAD and AP (concurrent 140/485 filed on 22Nov04). I have a 7th yr H1 as well. With the visa regtrogression I wanted to see if there is any way out of this long wait.

Can onyone tell me what the processing times are for CP and could I now transfer my case to CP? Would be wiser to stay and wait with my current situation? I got my H1B from Calcutta, India 1998.

Please help :confused:

Ac-140

Hello All,

I have a basic question here.
How does AC-140 work ???

I mena I know the concept, But how does it actually work ??

My 140 was approved on Jan 13th 2005
I am a concurrent 485/140 filer VT center.
We filled a I-824 with a receipt date of Feb 22nd, Notice Date Feb 28th.

I asked the lawyer when they would be sending the Paperowrk to Mumbai Consulate (I am from Mumbai).
The paralegal replied saying that they dont send anything to the Mumbai Consulate, but wait for the NVC.
I thought the whole idea of an AC-140 is to not wait for the NVC, but file in th packet 3 based on the receipt of I-824 and a Certified 140.

I woudl appreciate any light on this.

Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

I have a basic question here.
How does AC-140 work ???

I mena I know the concept, But how does it actually work ??

My 140 was approved on Jan 13th 2005
I am a concurrent 485/140 filer VT center.
We filled a I-824 with a receipt date of Feb 22nd, Notice Date Feb 28th.

I asked the lawyer when they would be sending the Paperowrk to Mumbai Consulate (I am from Mumbai).
The paralegal replied saying that they dont send anything to the Mumbai Consulate, but wait for the NVC.
I thought the whole idea of an AC-140 is to not wait for the NVC, but file in th packet 3 based on the receipt of I-824 and a Certified 140.

I woudl appreciate any light on this.

I guess the attorney does not know about the AC-140 process. I think you should go to the immihelp.com and get the details and send that to your attorney. For AC-140 all you need is the 824 reciept. If you wait for the NVC approval then it is not AC-140. The whole idea is to by-pass the NVC and save time. Talk to your attorney directly and tell her/him about the process. I did the same thing and now i have the GC ;)

AC - 140 in Chennai

Does any one of you know if Chennai consulate accepts AC -I 140 in EB2 labor substitution? PD Mar 2004. I know Mumbai does but I am in Chennai consular district. I emailed chennai consulate about 3 weeks back but I did not get any response from them. Otherwise they are very prompt in replying emails usually the next business day.

Did any one had GC interview in the recent past at Chennai with AC 140.

Thanks,

harapatra said:
I guess the attorney does not know about the AC-140 process. I think you should go to the immihelp.com and get the details and send that to your attorney. For AC-140 all you need is the 824 reciept. If you wait for the NVC approval then it is not AC-140. The whole idea is to by-pass the NVC and save time. Talk to your attorney directly and tell her/him about the process. I did the same thing and now i have the GC ;)

I have an approved I 140 from a previuos employer (PD 1999). I plan to join him back soon and the want to do AC140 (Mumbai).
I am currently under AOS/AP/EAD with a different employer. I do not have a H-1B anymore.
Can I do AC140 in these circumstances and how many months will it take from the day I send out the paperwork to Mumbai consulate??

harapatra said:

My Lawyer sent out the necessary documents to Mumbai today via Fed EX. I am expecting them to reach the consulate by Friday.
Any idea how long does it take the consulate to respond back and issue an interview date ???