successful CP MUMBAI AC140

Thank you!

Kd1403 & KAT02,

Thank you both very much for the reply. I was very concerned and talked to HR, who will contact the attorney for details. I hope it can be solved by sending the required info instead of re-applying.

Always appreciate your generous help!

AC-140

Hi all,

Good news !!! My I-140 is approved on Feb 11th.

I understand that for AC140 my attorney will have to file I-824 and I guess with that receipt attorney can send some papers with approved 140 to the consulate ans so on ...

I don't know the total step by step process for AC-140, what happens once I get the I-824 receipt and what is packet 3 and/or packet 4 ?? and during this process what role I play being the beneficiery.

I greatly appreciate your replies by you all gurus ...

Thanks ///

I-824

I was talking to an assistant of my company's attorney and he told me that I-824 is signed by the attorney as arepresentative of th employer and employer need not to sign.

Is that right ?

victor:

DEtails about AC I-140 process were provided as a part of your question on the previous page.

AC I-140 process:
http://imminfo.com/Knowledgebase/FAQs/ACI140.html

Please read this as this explain most of the questions! If AFTER READING this you have specific question do post them on this site.

YEs I-824 is a company document which can be signed by Company hr or by attorney of the company on behalf of the company with proper authorization!

Kd1403,

thanks for your reply .. Actually i could not open the link, I think Immiinfo website is not working properly.

i appreciate your reply. What is packet 3 and/or 4 ???

victor:

Try this one!
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

Yes Ron Gotcher is upgrading his web site hence the other link was not working!

Packet 3 is your CP application packet that should be completed by you and mailed to the consulate for AC I-140 or NVC for regular CP.

Packet 4 is the CP interview appointment packet mailed by consulate to you and yoru attorneys.

Need some advise on CP

Hello ALL,

I sent in my 485 application and it was received by INS on the 14th of Feb. My I140 was approved on the Feb 20, 2004.

Is it too late to file for CP?
Has anyone been following on the average time it is taking to get an interview?
What is the risk involved?

My 6 years are up in sep and I have had terrible luck in trying to get through this. Any "lessons learned" or advise would help me.

Thanks in advance!

-Yogita

ysingh:

Replied to your answers via private message that you had sent me!

Is it too late to file for CP?
Answer: No. You will need to follow AC I-140 route!
Read: http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html
==============================================
Has anyone been following on the average time it is taking to get an interview?
Answer: About 4-5 months for I-824 application plus AC I-140 application to time for interview.
What is the risk involved?
Answer: Generally No risks if you have been in status throughout, no criminal record, no contagious medical history and have your current job!
My 6 years are up in sep and I have had terrible luck in trying to get through this. Any "lessons learned" or advise would help me.
Answer: Apply for H-1B extension asap. Make sure you get the H-1B extension receipt if you do not receive approval by time of your cp interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
successful CP in Mumbai

Had a successful CP in Mumbai and with this the INS trial and tribulations seem to end(?). The interview was routine - no question asked. The paperwork was complete and the guy who handled the paper seemed to be satisfied. There was a mistake in my wife's mom's name which he just ignored when we pointed it to him. 2 things that troubled me there:

1. they dont take cash : i had gone with the cash and the cashier just refused to take it even when I showed him the embassy website printout. There is a standard chartered back very close by but they cant take dollars. There is a Ravi travels also which is ready to loot you for this 'service'. I went to SBI overseas bank and got it done within 20 mins. (it is OK to be back by 9:30).

2. photo should be glossy - we had it done in US itself for convenience and it happened to be on matte. there is a photoshop inside the consulate and they charge Rs. 200 per person. My own photostudio is also quite good and they charge Rs. 100 only.

I was also worried regarding my salary as it is much higher (60%) than quoted during the labor. That happened to be a non-issue.

I had gone to Breach Candy for the medical and I found the staff very supportive. In my wife's case they had to redo the x-ray and the radiology dept lady was creating a delay (I would have had to stay for an extra day) but then visa folks chipped in and got it done within time.

forgot to thank all the folks here who kept replying to my posts at blitzing pace and helped me prepare well. I really appreciate this community effort. I am really at peace now because of you all.

--harapatra

congrats harapatra!~I am sure you will get your harapatra (green card is the meaning of the word harapatra for those who dont know!) when you get back!

Good input about getting payment taking care from sbi overseas bank! Sorry to hear that you had to go thru it!

Nice to hear that your 60%+ above LC salary did not hurt...coz if it did then I am sure many of us wud come to your rescue to take some portion of it! :D

Enjoy your GC days and live life king size!!

Congrats HaraPata, Thank you KD1403

2 quick questions

1) If I have completed teh medical examinition and the vaccination requirements here, can it be used for CP or do I need to do this at a desiganted center in India?

2) Everyone here seems to have gone to Mumbai. Anyone know of stories from New Delhi? Are the cosulates in India pretty standard in how long they take and the success rates?

Thanks
-Yogi

harapatra:

Plastic card can comes generally within 6 months of DOE. But following recent trends I have to say within 6 weeks of DOE you can expect plastic GC. I got welcome letter and plastic card in 2 weeks from DOE.

ysingh:

1) If I have completed teh medical examinition and the vaccination requirements here, can it be used for CP or do I need to do this at a desiganted center in India?
Answer: If you have those vaccination medical records you can carry them and then it is upto the medical doctor to decide whether is acceptable or not! What this means is that there is no way to avoid the medical checkup @ your consulate although you can avoid taking vaccines based on written records that you have taken them in the past!

2) Everyone here seems to have gone to Mumbai. Anyone know of stories from New Delhi? Are the cosulates in India pretty standard in how long they take and the success rates?
Answer: Success rates are same at any indian consulates!

If you are interested there used to be a relatively big thread for new delhi consulate folks which you can search for! And also you can check http://www.cptracker.com and filter by New Delhi consulate!

Service Error !!

Has anyone experienced this?? Especially directed towards the Guru's:
1) I 140 approved on Oct 30th, approval notice "assumes" that I am in U.S. (Although) I'm in India since past 2.5 yrs.
2) It says on the approval notice that I should apply for 485 or if I choose to do CP to apply I-824 (Inspite of our initial appl. stating that we need CP)
3) Sent the Vermont people and Mumbai Consulate reminder and 'service error' notices but still no reply, even after 4 months, and not heard from the NVC.

Please guide us.
Thank you.

gc_mangta:

Since you have waited 4 months I am not sure what to suggest other than file AC I-140 by including I-824 receipt!

gc_mangta,

I do agree with KD. There is no point correcting INS even if they made mistake. AC140 is safe and quick route to GC. I just wish I knew about it earlier.