successful CP MUMBAI AC140

AC-140

Kd1403

Thanks for reply ... I appreciate it. ..

I looked at the link that you sent .. based on that it seems like I can go for AC-140, even though I have mention CP in my 140.

So it seems like my lawyer might be right.

However, I have not heard anyone doing that

Anyone else please your replies are greatly appreciated on this confusion ....

The FAQ on mumbai cosnulate's website clearly mentions that
AC140 is available only for those cases where I485 was selected
in I140.

AC-140 accepted in Chennai

Hi,
Is AC 140 accepted in Chennai. When I see the FAQ section of Chennai consulate Site I do see that they do accpted. But at many places I read Chennai doesn't accept AC 140

Thanks

So far Chennai has not accepted a single AC I-140 case. Only Bombay and New Delhi consulate are the indian consulate accepting AC I-140 cases.

Kd1403 and others

Thanks for your replies ..

I have another quesion .. ? As you know I have filed for I140 with CP option. But it seems like you can only go for AC-140 by filing I824 if you have selected and filed for I-140 with concurrent 485 option. However I'm still confused about this matter and not convinced totally, but again I have not seen anyone gone for AC-140 who had selected CP option while filing I-140. I want to go for AC-140 route as it seems like it is faster than filing I140 with CP option and then wait for CP interview.

My question is can I still go ahead and file I485 ? If yes then what happens to my CP selection in 140 ? Does it get cancelled automatically ?

Does it get consider as I-140 Concurrent filing with 485 ? Does it make any difference in I-140 processing time ?

Later on when my I-140 approval comes can I go ahead and file
I-824 to change from AOS to CP and go for AC-140 ?

I know these are too many questions but I greatly appreciate your help .. You guys have been great help ..

Thanks ///

victor:

My question is can I still go ahead and file I485 ? If yes then what happens to my CP selection in 140 ? Does it get cancelled automatically ?
Answer: No, you cannot go for AC I-140 since you had opted for CP while filing I-140. And by the way you save only about 2 months with AC I-140 as compared to regular CP ... so don't get psyched over not being able to do AC I-140.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it get consider as I-140 Concurrent filing with 485 ? Does it make any difference in I-140 processing time ?
Answer: Not sure what you mean....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on when my I-140 approval comes can I go ahead and file
I-824 to change from AOS to CP and go for AC-140 ?
Answer: DO NOT DO THAT...don't file I-824 and ask for trouble! You are on the right track which is CP and you will get interview within 6-8 months of CP approval. Since you have not filed 485 you are ineligible for I-824 since already your file will be transferred to the consulate.

parekhalpa:

Don't feel bad but please avoid posting same questions in multiple threads (referring to mumbai consulate web site/ appointments site) . Doing so may coz senior members to think someone will reply and you may not get response in time/ at all.

Mumbai Consulate

Hi,

My I-140 is approved on 10th Feb. Can anybody please let me know how long does it take to get an interview date at mumbai consulate Mine is AC140.

RD : 16th June
App 10th Feb

patu:

Assuming you have received your I-824 application receipt and you are ready to mail your AC I-140 packet to the consulate...you are looking at about 4-4.5 months from now to get an interview. If you have not yet applied for I-824 then add another 2 weeks.

KD1403 & Other Gurus Pls Help

Hi,

I learned a lot from the postings of wonderful ppl on this forum and chose AC-140 by filing I-824. I already got the receipt and sent my package to consulate last Dec. But INS sent me a RFE, saying that I or the attorneys cannot submit this form because I'm the beneficiary.

I have two questions:
1. Are they asking HR to do it? It doesn't make sense 'cause the attorneys handels all the legal documents of the company.
2. Is the consulate waiting for any document to arrive from INS or NVC or they will just make decision based on AC140 package and package 3&4? Can I ignore this notice? In case I cannot reply INS on time, will the consulate cancel my case?

Thanks a lot for your help!

KD1403 & Other Gurus Pls Help

Hi,

I learned a lot from the postings of wonderful ppl on this forum and chose AC-140 by filing I-824. I already got the receipt and sent my package to consulate last Dec. But INS sent me a RFE, saying that I or the attorneys cannot submit this form because I'm the beneficiary.

I have two questions:
1. Are they asking HR to do it? It doesn't make sense 'cause the attorneys handels all the legal documents of the company.
2. Is the consulate waiting for any document to arrive from INS or NVC or they will just make decision based on AC140 package and package 3&4? Can I ignore this notice? In case I cannot reply INS on time, will the consulate cancel my case?

Thanks a lot for your help!

will2003:

But INS sent me a RFE, saying that I or the attorneys cannot submit this form because I'm the beneficiary.
Answer: This is unusual. Who filled out the I-824?....it should be yoru attorneys in consultation with your company since the the idea behind I-824 is to move your process to CP which in turn means to forward your I-140 approval to the consulate and since I-140 is a company document this document (I-824) has to be authorized by your company/ attorney. I am under the impression you (since you are the beneficiary) cannot sign this form. I would advice you to talk to your attorney and re-file the I-824 with your company & attorney authorization if they are preparing the I-824.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two questions:
Answer: REad above. I am surprised too! May be your attorney is not experienced with I-824 form and AC I-140 process!!
Answer: I would advice you to talk to your attorney and re-file I-824 .... definitely do not ignore the RFE...IGNORANCE is never a BLISS whether it is USCIS or in life!

patu:

the sooner your I-824 is filed the sooner you can start your AC I-140 process and sooner you will get the interview...just an advice!

All the best!

Thank you very much for the prompt reply! I'll schedule some time with the attorneys asap.

Do you know whether the AC140 processing time will be affected by that?

thanks again!

Will2003

Did your employer sign the I-824 form? Ask your attorneys that question. I-140 is your employer's petition and request to change to consular processing through 824 has to be made by the employer.

I do not know the full contents of your RFE but the above point seems to have most likely generated that RFE. Please resolve that ASAP.

KAT02.

will2003:

I concur with Kat02. It is likely to affect your AC I-140 processing time in the sense that your company will need to re-file the I-824 and resend the AC I-140 with the correct I-824 receipt.