Still waiting for my asylum decision

Hi Freedom,

I have been waiting for two years now after interview, for a decision. Mine is Chicago Asylum Office. What do they say when you inquire about the reason? To me, they first sent a letter saying that my case is in immigration court. When I went in person to the office and asked for explanation, they said it was a mistake, and my case is still pending!!
i just had my interview today (05/01/18) at the chicago asylum office, too. i was informed that i would be able to pick up the decision on 05/14/18 but i kinda know that i would have to wait longer than the scheduled date, but i never thought it would be like 2 years long. i hope you get your decision soon.

i just had my interview today (05/01/18) at the chicago asylum office, too. i was informed that i would be able to pick up the decision on 05/14/18 but i kinda know that i would have to wait longer than the scheduled date, but i never thought it would be like 2 years long. i hope you get your decision soon.
I understand waiting times since Feb 18 are shorter. My interview was 04/26/18 at the Chicago Asylum Office. I should be hearing from them soon. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: CWH
Hi all , hope you have some positive news. I’m still waiting. Every time I check the Asylum office replays that my desision is waiting a background check. I wrote to the Ombudsman last November , and I have not got a response yet.
Thanks
How did you check? by mail?
Thanks

Hi PAitent1 hope you are doing well , did you get your decision? My father also received email from Arlington AO that his case is pending a final decision.
Hi, all, please guide me. My attorney is afraid of contacting the office as he says political situation is not good. Mine is Arlington office, interiwed September 2017

HEY Y'ALL GOOD AFTERNOON!
I APPLIED FOR ASYLUM AND RECEIVED THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT ON APRIL 23, 2018
HAD MY INTERVIEW ON JUNE 4, 2018. I AM WAITING FOR A DECISION.
WHEN I HAD MY INTERVIEW THE OFFICER WAS VERY FRIENDLY, I HAD MY INTERPRETER BUT HE MADE ME HAVE THE INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH SAYING THAT MY ENGLISH IS FLUENT I'M BETTER THAN SOME INTERPRETER THAT HE USED TO HAVE HERE. AT THE END HE TOLD ME YOU DID GOOD, YOU SEE YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED AN INTERPRETER. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING

I WILL YOU POSTED

HEY Y'ALL GOOD AFTERNOON!
I APPLIED FOR ASYLUM AND RECEIVED THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT ON APRIL 23, 2018
HAD MY INTERVIEW ON JUNE 4, 2018. I AM WAITING FOR A DECISION.
WHEN I HAD MY INTERVIEW THE OFFICER WAS VERY FRIENDLY, I HAD MY INTERPRETER BUT HE MADE ME HAVE THE INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH SAYING THAT MY ENGLISH IS FLUENT I'M BETTER THAN SOME INTERPRETER THAT HE USED TO HAVE HERE. AT THE END HE TOLD ME YOU DID GOOD, YOU SEE YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED AN INTERPRETER. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

I applied may 2015
Got interview October 2018
It’s been over 2 months waiting for decision.
Arlington VA office . But we got interviewed at field office. Anybody are on the same boat please advise.

I applied may 2015
Got interview October 2018
It’s been over 2 months waiting for decision.
Arlington VA office . But we got interviewed at field office. Anybody are on the same boat please advise.
You Should get the decission soon.
I also applied in May 2015 but my interview was in October 2017 and i still didn.t get the decission.
They said they are processing 2018 cases and after that will proces the others, givving the fact that you got interview in 2018 you should get it anytime now.
Did you check online?

You Should get the decission soon.
I also applied in May 2015 but my interview was in October 2017 and i still didn.t get the decission.
They said they are processing 2018 cases and after that will proces the others, givving the fact that you got interview in 2018 you should get it anytime now.
Did you check online?
I don’t know how to do it.

I don’t know how to do it.
On your interview notice is a number starting with 3 letters (other than A number or Lin) i had it in Chicago and is starts with ZCH (depends on the city ) , go to uscis.gov/check case status, put that number in and see what it says, if it says fees were waived you got approved.
Let me know and good luck!

It means decission was not made yet, good luck too you, keep us updated.
Call 800-898-7180, check if it wasn.t reffered to court. If it says is not in their system is still pending decission.

It means decission was not made yet, good luck too you, keep us updated.
Call 800-898-7180, check if it wasn.t reffered to court. If it says is not in their system is still pending decission.
Even if I check my case status online it shows like that. I just want to make sure if they referred the case to the court does it shows the same as “validation error” in online. I’m confused :confused:

Even if I check my case status online it shows like that. I just want to make sure if they referred the case to the court does it shows the same as “validation error” in online. I’m confused :confused:
It will show validation error online either if there is no decision or if it was referred to the court, it will only change online into (fees were waived) if the case was approved , because after approval they send to USCIS to issue a new employment authorization card and that’s why the case changes online . Briefly the online update is actually for the employment Authorization card and not for the asylum case. It’s just a hint that someone will receive the approval letter within a week or so.